WARNING KINGSONG PRODUCTS

Vulkov

Something similar happened to me. KS18L wheel died one day. Wouldn't balance or authorize in the app. I tried resetting it with Jason's instructions, put in the wrong code accidentally. Bricked the wheel as it wasn''t authorized. Ended up shipping it to Jason to have a physical part replaced and the software reprogrammed. Cost me some money. Great customer service from Ewheels as usual, but disappointed in KS. Hopefully my S18 works out better.

Edited by Xolition
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skecys said:

This would be possible on Inmotion as well, any wheel with a software update ability. Also since it is just software it should be possible to rewrite/circumvent a lockout

Yew, you're right.

But noone else did anything like this till now.

In my very humble opinion the othets just organized their sales channels better and thereby had no need for such desperate measures.

35 minutes ago, Skecys said:

If I were to buy from a Chinese reseller and import the wheel I would have to pay 21% import tax on top of service fees. FYI I recently had a 112 euro package come from the US and that cost me a whopping 51 euro extra to import. On a 2k euro wheel you would have to pay like 500 euro import tax and duties in Belgium...

In europe many aliexpress sellers have warehouses were all duties are paid. Afaik a reason why they are not as "cheap" as they used to be.

Of course there are still enough that ask the same higher prices without prepaid duty in europe - presenting a very unpleasant surprise for the customer :(

KS has to get aliexpress/their express reselleres abd their "not so good" exclusive western resellers under controll and everything will be ok.

The customers like KS and their wheels, as i do - so we are the wrong group to punish.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skecys said:

If I were to buy from a Chinese reseller and import the wheel I would have to pay 21% import tax on top of service fees. FYI I recently had a 112 euro package come from the US and that cost me a whopping 51 euro extra to import. On a 2k euro wheel you would have to pay like 500 euro import tax and duties in Belgium...

Sighs ...

The correct part of the statement is that there are import taxes to be calculated when importing from China to the EU / Belgium.
PS: to calculate taxes in belgium - have a look at Invoercalculator.be on how the principle works (not straight forward I know), and have a look in the TARIC database for import China / EU for electronic goods (don't think there is a specific section, if anyone knows :-))

But as you know EU also states - free traffic of goods and services (important exchange for VAT), so personally won't import to Belgium / France / Ireland / ... 

Again, as mentioned with references from my inital message: KSS18 > in US 1600 EUR, in RUS 1400 EUR, in EU 2250 EUR ...

So as quick calculation: 1600 EUR (base reference-US) > 2250: 40 pct taxes then ?
But hey, we are not shipping from PRC (China) to US to EU/BE, but PRC (china) to EU
I believe the Trump administration added some import taxes on these Chinese goods as they are outstanding economical friends, so the base price would be less ...
And I believe our US dealers will have added some margin (rightfully, they are a business after all), so the base price would even be less ...

Superduper pct taxes then ?

And what if we where to substitute this with the RUS price ?

Supertrooperduper pct taxes ?

So taxes are added, but this is not the only driver of the price difference in Europe.

PS: I have read some good remarks in this thread already (and some already debunked by others in the community).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StuartL said:

When you buy a Chinese product internationally you are getting the benefits of KingSong's international market without compensating KingSong financially for that sale.  I can understand why they're frustrated.

What? They didnt have to pay for any shipping or anything. They only had to get it to a Chinese reseller who sent it to the International customer. They have no reason to be pissed.

They are pissed because there seems to be some people in EU stupid enough to pay 2200€ for an S18 and they think they can get away with it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Meulebeest said:

So as quick calculation: 1600 EUR (base reference-US) > 2250: 40 pct taxes then ?

Actually you are not far off the mark there :cry2:. Using the calculator a 1650 euro wheel in China would amount to a price of 2095 euro after import taxes and duties in Belgium... And this is the lowest estimate according to the site :(.

Just now, Skecys said:

Actually you are not far off the mark there :cry2:. Using the calculator a 1650 euro wheel in China would amount to a price of 2095 euro after import taxes and duties in Belgium... And this is the lowest estimate according to the site :(.

you guys get royally screwed... i could never blame anyone for purchasing from ali despite the lack of support or warranty because no warranty is worth over 25% of the total cost

• Like 2

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been trying to edit and videos that have also been heavily requested.

In short, due to internal changes we will NOT be unlocking wheels when they include the letter P at the end and are produced in 2020.

Example serial number:

KSS181D200810P006
The P indicates it's meant for the local Chinese-Mainland market. If you have bought a unit that has P and was recently purchased please contact your seller to return or open a dispute. 

If you have a wheel that is produced earlier than 2020 and does not include the letter P and the wheel is locked. 

PLEASE DM ME. 

I have too many notifications so even when I do come back to the forum I miss out accidentally on replying to some. If you need immediate support:
Direct Message us: https://www.facebook.com/kingsong.international/
Telegram Message me:  https://t.me/jackattack326

Telegram Chat: https://t.me/kingsonginternational

14 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

Thank you for your understanding.

In my experience of a being a rider for 7 years, users who buy from these sellers such as Aliexpress or platforms like this NEVER result in saving money in the long run. Only the up front cost, keep in mind a lot of our official sellers offer finance plans.

All electronic devices come with issues, hence why warranty exists. Depending on your seller/region you may be given 2 years but all wheels come with at least 1. Aliexpress store can open and close very easily as theres little to no cost opening up a store, that means they could close suddenly without warning, leaving you the customer without any service. We encounter many users who require after sale but contact us instead of their seller because those sellers have either closed shop or not responded.

If unfortunately you encounter an issue with motors, motherboards and battery and have bought from Aliexpress sellers you will ship the part/wheel and wait for it to arrive before getting a new part in. Shipping is more expensive, wait is long. 

And lastly, as users we should all support our local dealers. They pay tax, have a store front, hire employees etc. In the long run when dealers grow it'll help users of the local community. 

What about countries with dealers that overcharge? What will kingsong do then? Control the dealers? 

Countries with no dealers? 

How about people who buy second hand from other community members? Are they all royally screwed for no reason at all? 

And my most serious question of all: some friends and I have had plans of flying to China for a vacation, purchasing a wheel, and wheeling+taking public transport options back down to Singapore for the past year until it was postponed due to Covid-19. Many of us had already booked our leaves with our employers. One friend with his 18xl even made it up to the laos/yunan border in March on a recce trip before having to fly back down due to Covid. According to your new policy we can no longer buy Kingsong for our planned trip. What then? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

What about countries with dealers that overcharge? What will kingsong do then? Control the dealers? 

Countries with no dealers? 

How about people who buy second hand from other community members? Are they all royally screwed for no reason at all? 

And my most serious question of all: some friends and I have had plans of flying to China for a vacation, purchasing a wheel, and wheeling+taking public transport options back down to Singapore for the past year until it was postponed due to Covid-19. Many of us had already booked our leaves with our employers. One friend with his 18xl even made it up to the laos/yunan border in March on a recce trip before having to fly back down due to Covid. According to your new policy we can no longer buy Kingsong for our planned trip. What then? 

Which dealers overcharge? You can DM me their links. 
People who buy second hand should always deal in person and ensure the product is working, and also shouldnt buy a P unit. 

If you and your friends are visiting China, reach out to me, I'm make sure that wheel you purchase from King Song doesnt have that issue. 

13 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

Official dealers can still close down. Surely the warranty is ultimately with the manufacturer and NOT the seller? 

Never said they couldn't, but the fact is that usually these sellers are more well connected in the community and have more of an obligation, where Aliexpress is almost anonymous with no obligation of any sort. 

• Like 1

I think the consensus is clear that not having warranty is fair game for those who do not go through your selected dealers.

Since buyers who buy from other sources and then try to bug the manufacturer for warranty are the ones causing the company pain, why doesn't Kingsong just print some stickers on all wheels saying warranty is not valid unless purchased from authorised dealers? Pretty sure the community would stand behind Kingsong's decision in that case.

Much better than losing a big proportion of loyal customers in my opinion.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

Aliexpress store can open and close very easily

We may also lose (easily) a KS representative in his forum (which seems to be the only solution to our KS problems of this kind) if the KS attitude towards the international market continues becoming this ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

If you and your friends are visiting China, reach out to me, I'm make sure that wheel you purchase from King Song doesnt have that issue. 

Funny. I hope for your health that you don't work every day of the year, but based on this statement I guess I can expect you to be available every time I decide to visit China so that you can tell me in which secret store you sell non-local KS, right? Hopefully they will be priced the same as the local ones!

If there is such a store or possibility of buying non-local KS EUC in China, then how long do you think is going to take to the Ali resellers to get their hands on them thus rendering the geo-locking BS useless?

• Like 2

Some of the bigger Ali sellers have actual high street shops, quite fancy ones, they sell all kinds of PEVs, so chances of them closing is small.

if you have a decent relationship with them, they do take care of you.

What i want to know is, the announcement just made about wheels purchased in 2020 from China will be locked and deemed useless.

Should this announcement not have been made in 2019? and not in August of 2020?

Surely the policy should start as of now, so all wheels purchased January to July should be safe?

Edited by Antec
  • Like 2