WARNING KINGSONG PRODUCTS

Vulkov

4 minutes ago, meriwald said:

There is no way you can justify 1300$ price difference with all those reasons 

Take a closer look at the calculations above.

There is not $1300 price difference. In the US the cost difference is currently $200 (this will change now that shipment through Hong Kong no longer will be able to  avoid the imposed 25% duty).

In Europe the real world difference is about €550, of which €270 is derived from duty + VAT, so the product is actually only only €280 more expensive.

12 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been trying to edit and videos that have also been heavily requested.

In short, due to internal changes we will NOT be unlocking wheels when they include the letter P at the end and are produced in 2020.

Example serial number:

KSS181D200810P006
The P indicates it's meant for the local Chinese-Mainland market. If you have bought a unit that has P and was recently purchased please contact your seller to return or open a dispute. 

If you have a wheel that is produced earlier than 2020 and does not include the letter P and the wheel is locked. 

PLEASE DM ME. 

I have too many notifications so even when I do come back to the forum I miss out accidentally on replying to some. If you need immediate support:
Direct Message us: https://www.facebook.com/kingsong.international/
Telegram Message me:  https://t.me/jackattack326

Telegram Chat: https://t.me/kingsonginternational

Is there any hardware/performance  or software difference between wheels “meant for Chinese market” or no?

what if person living in China takes the wheel abroad for travel, it will be banned?

can seller from AliExpress activate the wheel while it is in China and then send it ?

how does the app know if wheel is not in China? Is kingsong spying on their customer location?

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Sorry but that is just ridiculous. In this very thread a community member bought a perfectly working KS wheel second hand, until it got remotely locked. “Shouldn’t have bought a P unit” is just ridiculous beyond comprehension. As if this KS’s arbitrary trickstery were or should be common knowledge when purchasing a second hand product. No, it’s an illegal move in many (if not all) countries KS does business in. “Don’t buy a KS if...” is easier and best remembered as just “Don’t by a KS.”

And who knows which letters they may add to this ban list in the future . 

• Like 1

There are already 5 pages of pseudo arguments and quality opinions.

So let's at least acknowledge the core of the problem:
Unicycles: Kingsong, Gotway Inmotion neither can calibrate without application. This is the core of the problem! Why isn't it discussed in the discussion.
All bullshit blah blah blah they do it they don't do it I don't like it anymore.
The unicycle locks as soon as it works with the application, but it cannot be put into operation and used without the application, and something as critical as calibration is not possible without the application. It is blackmailing customers from Chinese manufacturers.

The core of the problem stems from the CCP of the Chinese Communist Party and the hysteria with which they need to control their citizens, and therefore they have the laws set as they should.
It is all just because of the totalitarian regime that has deviated from the ideas of communism in China. What the CCP represents has nothing to do with communism (in a good way). So the producers in China can't or don't blame anyone else in this area, they're just victims of a monstrous regime and trying to live as best they can and raise their children in peace and quiet. Sadly, for example, a "kingsong" company uses government surveillance tools to block the EUC to its financial advantage.
As the arguments above have fallen, no one is forcing anyone to buy KS and KS warns against buying from unauthorized sellers, I take it and approach this game.
I myself have ks16X from an official European distributor with a 24 month warranty, I wouldn't even buy another one. And I'm quite terrified of the possibility of backing my EUC at any time in the future. When I destroy / block the EUC from China because it became 1, some mistake 2, it will be intentional, for example, for allowing myself to question the "greatness" of the CCP party.
I own the Inmotion V10F and it bothered me that it was not possible to connect the application with an activated VPN when the inmotion app refused to connect to the server.

Now after several updates, the Inmotion app is no longer a problem and will allow connection via VPN. This is a beautiful example of how "undemocratically / non-freely" applications are created with an emphasis on monitoring and blocking the possibility of user anonymity, they are simply CCP-style applications. And it's up to the manufacturer how much it "tightens the screws" in the application.

This text is translated using google translate and I am not responsible for the illogicality of the text and misunderstanding of the reader.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

But this "forum" will not censor or agitate - it's setup from the founder as neutral communication platform. So this is not to be misused by admins to restrict any manufactuter or any other member just because "one does not like an opinion".

Respect for that , appreciate it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meulebeest said:

Currently there are a lot of people interested in this discussion, but it seems (also to my doing - mea culpa) we have a few topics intertwining :

• KingSong global pricing and various sales channels, where one of the channels is through Chinese resellers,
    and therefor consumers are directly impacted by the second bullet.

• KingSong Geo-locking wheels: the policy where KingSong lock EUC based on their Serial number (after a software update). Which to a lot of people is a no-go
    (apart from competition resellers maybe ;))

While we might discuss (to each their own opinion) on related threads, the KingSong Geolocking is according to me the biggest issue.
And the EUC community should reflect whether it wishes to support such a policy.

Wow, 6-pages of heated debate and I was struggling to understand what it was all about.

I appreciate your simple post that wrapped up everything succinctly. It's the geo-locking :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, 6-pages of heated debate and I was struggling to understand what it was all about.

Haha, nice of you to join. We were wondering in an off-line discussion whether we would see some of our American stars of the EUC community.
As you guys are less impacted (currently) since most of you get your EUC's through ewheels.

The bad news is this geolocking policy (the practice of bricking KingSong wheels), the good news is that @Jack King Song is willing to escalate this at KingSong.
No outcome yet, but feel free to share your thoughts.

• Like 1

inThink of it like the Apple iPhone and products. Currently there are arguments all over and debating the right to repair because Apple is somehow finding out that consumers would rather go the cheapest d-i-y route than get billed for over $500 for a battery replacement cost. If everyone who has a KS EUC and aware of the regional/national/international locking mechanism in place perhaps they can send out an email or inform KS bout the negative impact its sending to consumers. Then again, I also agree with KS trying to lockout the competition from stealing their products. Yes, it might look the same wheel, similar board etc... but if you are going over 20-30+km/m an hour and the wheel gave out and you got knocked down and a few brain cells came spilling out of your nose, will you blame KS for the faulty product or the AliExpress seller?  Yes, the prices are ludicrous but this is a niche hobby. You got under 5(taking a wild guess) known euc manufacturers that are competing on a handful of consumers who are willing to throw away $1,000 to $2,000+ CDN/US dollars for the latest gadget and probably wont be discarding it anytime soon when the next model comes out, which is every year. I guess in the end, you have to consider warranty, safety, reliability, price etc..

Also, for those unaware of how AliExpress/Alibaba sellers state of mind are, here is a summary, "WE DONT GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT YOUR ISSUES." Ive ordered numerous items from $50 to $2,000 cost. I also run a small photography biz on the side and when sht dont work, I thank Paypal that they exist. The AliExpress/Alibaba warranty is sht and it caters more to China than international. So for those wondering or getting pissed as to why China is not being the same or similar to any other international businesses out there......Why? What makes you think that they should follow the rest of the world? China alone can make profit all on their own without having to deal with international consumers. They have over 3+billion people vs under 1000k? EUC International EUC riders..lol. Plus in the end, its their product. If all EUC manufacturers decided to follow KS locking mechanism then tough luck. Either take the bullet or get a car. Tesla already doing it and consumers still buy Elon's product. 

Disgusting! Why is the onus on the buyer!? I sincerely hope that these rumours are false.

Kingsong should be actively protecting and helping their customers, not punishing them for clearly valid ignorance. 

It's impossible for us to understand why and what is happening here. Extensively researching and rooting through Facebook posts and forums for information on this is not an acceptable method of communication, nor is it fair.

@Jack King Song please confirm the following:
1. Whether or not it is Kingsong company policy to actively disable other peoples property without their express permission and adequate warning. 
2. Kingsong are actively ensuring by any method to accomplish the disablement of "P" serial number wheels for any reason.
3. Do you know of any methods of which we can get unlocks which may be away from Kingsong's restrictions.

Edited by Daniel Hollinghurst

16 minutes ago, Euman said:

However, to deny, limit or remove the only means by which an EUC product can be natively operated or controlled, after the product has been legally purchased, is to deliberately render the product unsafe and not fit for purpose.

Do we have any definitions on what "legally purchased" means? While the transaction with aliexpress might be legitimate, is the seller legally allowed to sell the wheel to an international buyer?

Maybe I'm not seeing the full picture (this thread is pretty long!), but a parallel I would like to draw is to a person buying items in bulk (where the item is clearly labeled: "bought in bulk, not to be sold separately"), then goes ahead and sells the items individually anyways. Anyone can open a shop on Amazon or Ebay and sell these items; the transaction that happen on Amazon and Ebay are legitimate. But clearly the act of selling the items individually is not legal. So who should take responsibility?

Edited by davinche

8 hours ago, Skecys said:

The only thing wrong with the situation is that we did not know about it yet (officially). Kingsong should put out an official notice. Have people's locked wheels, bought PRIOR to this notice, unlocked and enforce the policy from now on, problem solved.

Exactly! I sent @Jack King Song a PM with almost identical sentiments:

“Remove this onus from faithful KS owners and unlock their wheels, then simply move forward with a precise warning about future purchases  from suppliers that are not supported by KS. 

• Like 3