WARNING KINGSONG PRODUCTS

Vulkov

12 hours ago, eve said:

But you just issued a challenge here to every hacker/programmer on the planet. I sincerely hope it will be the EUCW or Darknessbot getting hacked for your sake! 

Agreed. If they can hack the meticulously designed and overengineered Z10 a measly kingsong shouldn't be much of a challenge to hack either. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Meulebeest said:

You mean the video and photo, that is indeed fake news ... :)
The Geo-locking is NOT fake news, it is confirmed as the actual policy at KingSong today. :pooping:

You mistyped it’s LockSong now 😁

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Have any members affected by Kingsong’s   lockout policy diplomatically contacted @Jack King Song and ask for their wheel to be returned to an unlocked state?

Yes. Me. He said no. 

I'm with talks with the Ali seller at the moment. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Antec said:

Yes. Me. He said no. 

I'm with talks with the Ali seller at the moment. 

Wait, so your wheel got locked and was refused to get unlocked? Can you give us more detail? Where did you buy the wheel, how long have you had it, how did it get locked, etc.?

38 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Have any members affected by Kingsong’s   lockout policy diplomatically contacted @Jack King Song and ask for their wheel to be returned to an unlocked state?

I did, and got my 16S unlocked. We have since learned that KS only unlocks wheels bought before 2020.

• Like 3

Hi, is there any way you could give me directions on how to unlock the wheel?

I ordered an s18 on chicway and I wasn't aware since this topic that he had started to block our EUCs.

Thank you 

15 hours ago, meriwald said:

I know its a serious topic but it is not going anywhere anyway, if your wheel is locked you can unlock (DM me to learn how), meanwhile check out this fake news:

The guy left the allowed geo zone and boom - updated firmware locked the wheel on the go :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

And for you cheap bastards buying from ALI to save money. This is also YOUR fault and I have ZERO sympathy if you get a brick. I dont care if you think an euc costs too much. If you cant pony up to buy it from an authorized reseller, maybe you shouldnt fukn buy one, or look for used.  It aggravates me to no end, to see people focusing on the $$ while ignoring the greater impact. Probably the same people who wave at their neighbor while making sure to not patron his store because he has a markup that you can beat online. Pay the price, show some damn pride and none of this bullshit would be as bad as it is!

Mmmm, missed this one ...

The Delta (dealer/grey reseller) in $$ is less for our US friends. As  @FinRider stated, the "optimized" TAX for US is the 0 import tax shipped through HongKong [the region that has been in the news a few times, fighting for some values and ....]. If this gets addressed (and the US administration stays as it is) a little more dollars for you too. And sales tax, ways around that one too ... ?
But not the $$$ as you stated, then remember it takes all walks of life, some have home, some rent, some are settled, some aren't (just yet), some prosper, some have a culture of debt, some save, ... So I believe your statement was a bit raw, you are a multi EUC wheel owner, think about your little palls... One day they might live the dream, and buy a second wheel and don't have to be selective about how the spend their money and do the better thing (certainly if they have a nice ewheels reseller) ...

Oh and taxes, damn when I think about it:
This is where I am on the Tax Freedom Day:

Belgium: Day 218   , they even wrote a special section on Belgium in this Wiki page [Hurray - famous ... for the wrong reasons]  

We get some things in return, nice healthcare, and amongst others a multilayered (non-functional) government, ...
Oh yes, where does some of my optimized money go to ? Some goes to charity, and I can assure you I pay taxes (and a lot) and in this period I lose money by the buckets (nobody helping me out, don't need to)

All I wanted to say, is that there is your [a bit explicit] view of the world, there are other views too ...

Now let's enjoy riding and get this GeoLock / LockSong history out of the way.

Edited by Meulebeest
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, meriwald said:

I’m pretty sure they don’t give a fukk about our small tread with 10 ppl. We have to spread this info on wider audience, share on your social media, help people around learn about true values of LockSong

To be honest, I am a bit curious what the current EUC influencers state ... if anything.
Most are probably not personally affected (and /or have good relationships with KS /reseller), but a part of their interested audience/viewers/subscribers is impacted ...  
A good showcase barometer of a community, or maybe a bunch of individuals interested in a same hobby, exchanging info ...

1 hour ago, Kayserluciano said:

Hi, is there any way you could give me directions on how to unlock the wheel?

I ordered an s18 on chicway and I wasn't aware since this topic that he had started to block our EUCs.

Thank you 

same here, i bought before KS made any statements about chicway (not aliexpress) on 13th June. I also didn't find any hints for ages, they only posted about chicway on 19th... on a facebook page of all places where it instantly goes past unnoticed by most. chicway aren't responding much.

if they can't find away around it, it'll end up as a DOA claim (what kingsong probably want).

maybe chicway we're sending out non china serial number versions to customers outside of china all along and theres nothing to worry about. theres no mention of these units being chinese serial number ones on their site... pft
chicway have a DOA claim thing, also Paypal will back it up. document your unboxing just incase.

anyway will find out what happens when it finally arrives in 1-2more weeks...

i thought fk the extra warranty i can fix things myself. wasn't expecting to have to deal with activation locks, intentional firmware update bricking and other sneeky Locksong shenanigans. devious bastards. they should implement this for 2021 wheels and sort out their distribution network crap before putting the onus on the buyer. seems way tooharsh with how they've decided to drop this on us now, 1-2 weeksor so after shipping them out to people.

hopefully they'll sort it /make good on their DOA policy. 

• Like 3

On the French forum someone got an answer from G&F (regarding this) claiming he only sold international versions. That would be good news but we’ll need a (several) confirmation first.

At the prices they are they could very well be, they are not that cheap.

Anyone with a KIngsong from G&F / chicway that can check if the serial number contains a P towards the end?

Edited by null
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Hollinghurst said:

Kingsong reached out to me to offer help and unlock if required. 

Also chicway messaged saying their wheels won't be locked. (Not sure if unlocked before ship or they're sending international versions out). Will find out when I get it :)

From chicway:

Our wheels will not be locked, if you have any questions, please contact us.

Very interesting!

Is this help selective? if so, makes it even worse!

@Jack King Song care to let us know?

Surely Chicway are classed as same as Aliexpress?

Edited by Antec

1 hour ago, Daniel Hollinghurst said:

Also chicway messaged saying their wheels won't be locked. (Not sure if unlocked before ship or they're sending international versions out). Will find out when I get it :)

From chicway:

Our wheels will not be locked, if you have any questions, please contact us.

Not beeing locked for transport would revives the old risk of wheels turning on in the box...

But could help them pass the paypal disput deadline if they wheels have the "china only serial number" and the wheels don't get in contact with a KS app... ;(

1 minute ago, Chriull said:

Not beeing locked for transport would revives the old risk of wheels turning on in the box...

But could help them pass the paypal disput deadline if they wheels have the "china only serial number" and the wheels don't get in contact with a KS app... ;(

yes, all they would need to do to make that statement true is open the box, dont even need to take the wheel out, turn it on and disable the lock from their phone..... in china... when it gets to you, it will not be locked as they said.. so theyre not lying, however as soon as you connect it to your app then bam SOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

yes, all they would need to do to make that statement true is open the box, dont even need to take the wheel out, turn it on and disable the lock from their phone..... in china... when it gets to you, it will not be locked as they said.. so theyre not lying, however as soon as you connect it to your app then bam SOL

which lock are we talking about here? Transport lock or the Geo lock?

2 minutes ago, Antec said:

which lock are we talking about here? Transport lock or the Geo lock?

Both kinda... the issue is that you need the KS app to disable the transport lock, but that engages the geo lock. So if they disable transport lock in china, then the wheel is working when you get it. And it’s your problem that you bricked it with KS app, it’s not DoA anymore...

• Like 2

Just now, Zopper said:

Both kinda... the issue is that you need the KS app to disable the transport lock, but that engages the geo lock. So if they disable transport lock in china, then the wheel is working when you get it. And it’s your problem that you bricked it with KS app, it’s not DoA anymore...

ahh yes, of course, Catch 22.

that will be interesting.