WARNING KINGSONG PRODUCTS

Vulkov

7 minutes ago, null said:

Yes this is better at least.
Ali sellers should sell International versions anyway considering the price they take.

I think Ali Sellers now know the threat is real and should stop selling the P wheels now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

I dont see why it wont work. Make sure u check ip address before using KS app.

KS app sends your location to the server, so spoofing/changing IP address may not be enough.

• Like 3

How you could be positioned: (any other?)

GPS: that's the OS providing, possible to install fake on android
IP: plenty of VPNs around
Phone number: should be possible to get a virtual Chinese number.

8 minutes ago, Seba said:

KS app sends your location to the server, so spoofing/changing IP address may not be enough.

I don't know how on Android, but on iOS you can forbid the app any access to location and the app can't force you by refusing to work altogether - AFAIK that would be against Apple policies and they would get thrown out.

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Seems that change from whole 2020 to July 2020 is what was discussed here and @Jack King Song could accomplish for us!

So no special treatment for @Daniel Hollinghurst - hope by this limit this works out you too now, @Antec!

I bought mine June 13th. I have a receipt etc... Should be ok, thanks to Jack! I also respect the use of a map and better method of contacting them as suggested on telegram :). Will be interesting to what exactally chicway sent... And if they stop selling KS stuff from now on...

Chicway also said their wheels aren't locked... Not sure if "P" model yet.

KS need a seperate "activation lock" on new wheels to avoid locking old/new all at once without permission. An apologetic message in app to say why and what to do if activation isn't possible. Hopefully they avoid some future wtf now moments. Maybe in future have sellers settle tax issues with kingsong directly to get unlock codes or whatever they need to do to make it work out with no trouble. Not sure. 

Edited by Daniel Hollinghurst

50 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

It's incredibly sad that first we had Ninebot, Rockwheel and IPS folding and were left with only three (now four with Veteran) manufacturers competing and investing into new wheels. And now it's just Gotway, Inmotion and Veteran to choose from if you don't want to support this policy. 

Agree. Hope rockwheel comes back from the ashes soon. Their rockwheel gt16 was one of my favourites and had specs that stayed relevant years after their release date. Still have a very healthy 800wh version that never loses a charge and gets as much range as it did back ib the day.

29 minutes ago, null said:

How you could be positioned: (any other?)

GPS: that's the OS providing, possible to install fake on android
IP: plenty of VPNs around
Phone number: should be possible to get a virtual Chinese number.

Believe me, it's not worth it.

• Like 2

Regarding Chickway, my brother bought an 18XL a year ago from their shop. We of course didn’t know to ask for an international version, but we just checked the serial and the designating letter is “F”. I’m starting to believe that they really do sell only international versions of KS wheels.

• Like 1

Just now, mrelwood said:

Regarding Chickway, my brother bought an 18XL a year ago from their shop. We of course didn’t know to ask for an international version, but we just checked the serial and the designating letter is “F”. I’m starting to believe that they really do sell only international versions of KS wheels.

when did the P wheels start being made? could be a recent thing?

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m starting to believe that they really do sell only international versions of KS wheels.

I asked Chickway support and the sales manager. Both of them said they dont sell any wheels with chinese serial. Hopefully my S18 wont be chinese. Its on the way.

6 minutes ago, eve said:

I asked Chickway support and the sales manager. Both of them said they dont sell any wheels with chinese serial. Hopefully my S18 wont be chinese. Its on the way.

I wonder why Chicway are on the naughty list then?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Antec said:

I wonder why Chicway are on the naughty list then?

To be honest Chickway feels like the closest to official distributors inbetween all the chinese and ali sellers.

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, eve said:

To be honest Chickway feels like the closest to official distributors inbetween all the chinese and ali sellers.

i agree, ive used them before and been fine, Bryan is a good guy

2 hours ago, Wolverine said:

Believe me, it's not worth it.

I’m not questioning if it is worth it, and have no reason to believe you to know other people’s priorities. For that sake I don’t even have a parallel import wheel.

The question was raised previously and I was contributing to what points of geolocation KS could use, and whether it could be circumvented.

@mrelwood For what it’s worth my Norwegian 18XL has G as letter. French 18XL has B. Could be interesting to map out some regions. I’ll post my 16S when I get hand of it.

Edited by null

4 hours ago, Wolverine said:

Unfortunately the list and the map does not match. Finland is a very good example of this, it is on the map, but does not exist on the list.

Its seems like the map and the list has been updated after I mentioned problems with it. Unbelievable that KS is changing their official notice. I have never seen anything like that before.

Hahahah, amazing. Did you see guys that official notice from LockSong? It’s the best advertisement for those three stores you can ever imagine)))))) now you all know where to go for a good priced wheels :))

that post does absolutely opposite to what was intended.

And never worry about the lock:

1. you can always spoof IP address and turn off GPS

2. you can always use unlock methods available around (pm for details)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, meriwald said:

Hahahah, amazing. Did you see guys that official notice from LockSong? It’s the best advertisement for those three stores you can ever imagine)))))) now you all know where to go for a good priced wheels :))

that post does absolutely opposite to what was intended.

And never worry about the lock:

1. you can always spoof IP address and turn off GPS

2. you can always use unlock methods available around (pm for details)

Don't come crying and yelling here if it didn't work out for you. 

This isn't the first time any product have region adaption. It is very common. But people obviously don't see the bigger picture about this. 

If you choose to buy something that you know is going to cause trouble, well tuff luck.

If you buy something and didn't know. Well it is back to the reseller with complaint of lack of information. Very simply. But since most don't expect same service I just wounder what you expect they will do for you. 

It is as simple as this:

Bottom line think twice about this is my only advice. To some they only see price. Others understand it is about customer experience and that KS is trying to tidy up resellers not complying to standards they want from.their brand. 

1 minute ago, null said:

My cousins chicway 18XL is a P version, so G&F is lying about not selling Chinese versions.

WHAT?? Someone who sells shit for a living is lying to us? I think you're just telling us this shit so you can become a dealer and clean house. Good luck with that, your customers will only want it cheaper and bitch about it when you suggest that you also have bills to pay... :)

10 minutes ago, null said:

Ah yes, the great customer experience of not getting your property intentionally destroyed.

You guys who are defending this vandalism are systematically equating this to a warranty issue, it is absolutely not the same acceptIng having no warranty and fix it yourself. This is deliberate sabotage.

You fail to see the point. You bought something it was never designed to do. Because a reseller wanted to make easy money. Now the manufactor said enough is enough. It is very simple.

Buy a global/international model not a domestic model made for Chinese rules and laws. 

Edited by Unventor