WARNING KINGSONG PRODUCTS

Vulkov

6 minutes ago, Antec said:

which lock are we talking about here? Transport lock or the Geo lock?

you should ask chicway lol

• Like 1

Hmmm....just a thought guys but that's something obvious & simple to solve. Anyone heard of VPNs....specifically China VPN? Its not that hard to get a China IP address:whistling: 

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Hmmm....just a thought guys but that's something obvious & simple to solve. Anyone heard of VPNs....specifically China VPN? Its not that hard to get a China IP address:whistling: 

I think I might mention it in some other thread. The geo-lock is not that hard to avoid if you know your wheel must pretend it is in China. VPN (if the app refuses to work with VPN on your phone, then it's just another annoyance for a tech-savvy person), spoofed GPS on the phone... But you can't ever be sure that another person won't connect to it with their own phone, and it will surely bite second-hand users.

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

yea sure, but the problem isnt with the extremely knowledgeable but small minority on these forums... its the other 95% who buy eucs without any of this knowledge... and what happens if one time you forget to have the vpn on when you open the app or whatever... once its locked its locked for good.. i would just suggest asap max out the speed and alarms and then never use the first party app again

Yup. VPN with KS app to unlock til full speed & toss it. EUC World all the way

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

I'm 100% sure, but imo this was already reported here as not working.. :(

Maybe just wrongly setup? Or my memory is deceptive..

Just now, Chriull said:

I'm 100% sure, but imo this was already reported here as not working.. :(

Maybe just wrongly setup? Or my memory is deceptive..

I dont see why it wont work. Make sure u check ip address before using KS app.

Just now, Antec said:

anyone know any VPN apps that have China? i use PIA and they dont have it listed.

Just google China VPN. There's quite a few VPN services. Worse case is paid service for a month costs about $10, No biggie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

I dont see why it wont work.

Me neither - i'd definitely would try this if i'd get such a wheel.

But as i have no idea how ks implented this and what's maybe "especially included" in chinese mobile phones that could be checked i'm absolutely without opinion regarding this. Was just a faint memory of a post i "cited".

2 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Me neither - i'd definitely would try this if i'd get such a wheel.

But as i have no idea how ks implented this and what's maybe "especially included" in chinese mobile phones that could be checked i'm absolutely without opinion regarding this. Was just a faint memory of a post i "cited".

I seriously doubt any app would check cell carriers. Most (& I do emphasis most) check ip address for geo tracking. Subscribe to China VPN, log in & google check ip address to verify its China IP. Then fire up KS app to unlock & ride the 10km to access max speed. Unlock that & delete KS app. Use EUC World or Wheellog. Done!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel Hollinghurst said:

maybe chicway we're sending out non china serial number versions to customers outside of china all along and theres nothing to worry about. theres no mention of these units being chinese serial number ones on their site... pft

Chicway told me they are sending out international versions only. Ill let you guys know when my S18 arrives.

14 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

Unfortunately the list and the map does not match. Finland is a very good example of this, it is on the map, but does not exist on the list.

Edited by Wolverine
Added example

47 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

all I want to know is why.. what is the point, what is the reason....... what is the benefit to you??? I suspect I never will though, what in the hell is the purpose of making "P" designated wheels hmmm... do we have a Samsung exynos type thing going on here is that how they can sell them so cheap or what?

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

all I want to know is why.. what is the point, what is the reason....... what is the benefit to you??? I suspect I never will though, what in the hell is the purpose of making "P" designated wheels hmmm... do we have a Samsung exynos type thing going on here is that how they can sell them so cheap or what?

This; if they are just making us pay more for the same product...:wacko:. If this is the case I don't expect them to tell us though lol. Someone with a P unit should open it up and check the part numbers so we can compare.

Edited by Skecys
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i really hope the P version had the Snapdragon,  the exynos is poor :lol:

Edited by Antec
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pengloong said:

@Antec, You should be able to get your 16X unlocked as I understand you bought it before July 2020.

Seems that change from whole 2020 to July 2020 is what was discussed here and @Jack King Song could accomplish for us!

So no special treatment for @Daniel Hollinghurst - hope by this limit this works out you too now, @Antec!

• Like 1