"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

Well that, and because your 3d printer is less likely to burn your house down and/or drop you on your face while going 35 mph. ;-p

Maybe... but for long prints you run that printer on for days/weeks at a time lol.

5 hours ago, davinche said:

Not just the EUC community: The 3D printing scene suffers from this as well. The 3D printing community is slightly better though since most of the 3D printers run off of some variant of open source firmware. EUC however... we're locked into the closed system.

You're not completely locked in, you can always take your controller out and slap a big enough Vesc in it and tune your own wheel. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I saw that. Language translation issues. I'm not convinced it'll be via an app (which doesn't exist and probably won't exist). "via bluetooth" refers to how they upgrade the firmware on the board with the "update hardware". The bluetooth module is removed from the board and the "updater" is plugged into the bluetooth connector.

This is how Gotway boards are re-flashed in the field. Only dealers have access to the "updater". I've personally witnessed the process.

Gotcha.

Well that wouldn’t be the end of the world - just take it with me next time I’m in London.

I can’t see myself having an issue with my initial use case of long, relatively flat, cruises around the country roads.

I’ll hold off on any mountain-goat-esque riding for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

This video is fast approaching 1 million views on Youtube. It’s gone viral. Does anyone know where it’s getting the majority of referrals. A lot of the comments are now from people totally new and unaware of EUCs up til this point.

Who knows? Youtube algorithm works in mysterious ways. 

Just now, onizukagto said:

Who knows? Youtube algorithm works in mysterious ways. 

a lot more bored people during the pandemic perhaps lol

On 7/18/2020 at 5:44 PM, Marty Backe said:

I'm seeing an uptick in a few of my Veteran videos (nothing like Kuji though) with comments from non-EUC people too. Something is afoot :confused1:

What does afoot mean?(US slang I guess?).

On veteran sherman uptick, there might be another reason. Google/youtube search veteran or sherman and the first hits you get is on tanks and war heroes and "toy tanks" :-)

Regarding uptick (the good side) in electric vehicles it has EXPLODED here in Sweden. Not so much EUCs, but electric (Ali style)mopeds i see every day now, last year i knew ONE in my city Malmoe (3rd biggest in Sweden). Also of course scooter rentals are BOOMING and those are everywhere and tax companies are trying to bring in tax on "usage of adphalt, usage of parking spaces and whatnot...they are like that against novel the hings here but i understand them in a way as kids throw them everywhere so there should be some kind of "fine" for bad parking, but then comes some punk and kicks it over so its hard to get that working). Though people sure look interested when you pass on a EUC and many ask about them at stop lights or likewise. I guess the caveat that prevent EUC boom is that they are 1. Expensive 2. Hard to learn in comparison 3. Only can transport 1 person and possibly 4. Feels less secure with 1 wheel and just a unkown china board keeping you upright 🙈

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

Is it necessarily a good thing that a lot of young idiots might think "oh yes, I can go 50mph on one of these things" (with Kuji's video going viral)...I am fairly sure that here in the U.K at least, it would be pretty bad!

Edited by Retrovertigo

On 7/18/2020 at 8:06 PM, Shield said:
Greetings, 

Based on the results from Marty's extreme stress-testing, Hill = 1, Wheel = 0, Veteran is working on improving the firmware/controller combination in order to be capable of tackling the most grueling inclines without self-immolation. 

Thank you & have a great weekend,

Jason

I wonder if they will do something about.

1. Motor cables melting

2. Horribly sharp edges at motor shaft and no sleeve on cables to protect from rub

Screenshot_20200720-121411_Chrome.thumb.jpg.311f6f3a3f81652be7d757b1d7037d1f.jpg

3. Solder blobs and rust inside motor (as per ecodrift)

Screenshot_20200705-213224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c74527740b7d243cb1a78cb7a073bc76.jpg

4. Narrow pedals, oddly enough where the foot is the widest, up front? Dont get it?

20200705_121006.thumb.jpg.9515a5f68fbcc3d4177eb8490d4d19f6.jpg

Screenshot_20200720-155720_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

Is it necessarily a good thing that a lot of young idiots might think "oh yes, I can go 50mph on one of these things" (with Kuji's video going viral)...I am fairly sure that here in the U.K at least, it would be pretty bad!

Youre right on that point. So far the "kids" seem to stay on rental scooters and a few girls & lot of immigrant kids on electric mopeds, of course without protection :-/ (just a matter of time before they get classed as a vehicle with requirements, if not allready).

30 to 40+ers and sensible younger people ride on EUCs (at least in our group, Which is probably 90% of the EUCist here south) So far so good, xing fingers :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, HippoPig said:
3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

20200705_121006.thumb.jpg.9515a5f68fbcc3d4177eb8490d4d19f6.jpg

In my opinion the pedals are gash. Way way way too narrow.

I compared the Veteran pedals to the Nikola pedals (largest pedals made by Gotway) and they are only 1/4-inch narrower. Personally, I find them very comfortable and have zero complaints. But I know some people love even bigger pedals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It means something is in motion or happening, usually a devious plan. The word was first written down in Shakespeare's play Henry IV in 1597. Isn't Google great!

Indeed google IS.

It can also mean as per US language....as per image  which would have been a very funny comment 😁 (as EUCs obviously aren't)

I also first thought maybe it was "a foot" without the " " (totally different...and even more fun) thus i asked and I am glad You explained what Marty (probably) meant 👊

20200720_190355.jpg

Edited by Boogieman

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I compared the Veteran pedals to the Nikola pedals (largest pedals made by Gotway) and they are only 1/4-inch narrower. Personally, I find them very comfortable and have zero complaints. But I know some people love even bigger pedals.

i wish all pedals were this narrow... i think the S18 ones are similar, i dont need to have tons of extra pedal sticking out the side of my foot giving an increased chance of clipping like the V10 and ninebot pedals, theyre just way too wide... its meant for your feet, so it should imitate the shape of a foot lol, make them longer, not wider

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Did you compare them at the place where your foot is the widest, aka right behind your pinkie knuckle?

I guess you compared the pedal at the widest place, sure there its about 10mm diff vs a tesla pedal (not sure if nikola pedals are wider?) If you use the pedal shaft as a marker.

BUT

If not im pretty sure they are NOT just a 1/4inch (6mm) less narrow. I have Tesla pedals (a bit smaller than Nikola) and they are 110mm wide all over the length. The Veteran seems to be roughly 70mm (slimmest at front and rear) where your toes normally hang down over the front edge (depends on foot length, but center of mass normally means toes go over edge unless small feet...im the opposite side aka big feet 45EU).

110-70mm= 40mm = 1.5"

Maybe your not troubled due to short feet and or narrow feet?

Lets say foot is SHORT so it fits somewhere between 70 and 100mm width wise....being really generous we say it hits pedal where it is 85mm wide, as that would make it roughly a 34-35EU size)

Tesla 110- Veteran 85 = 25mm = 1" (diff at the "not worst case scenario")

Maybe you could provide the meassurements as per image (i just estimated based on screen and a straight edge paper) :-)

I cant be the only one thinking of getting replacement pedals immediately when ordering and wonder. The Sherman peds are LONG (GOOD) but really NARROW (BAD) for us people with wider feet

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i wish all pedals were this narrow... i think the S18 ones are similar, i dont need to have tons of extra pedal sticking out the side of my foot giving an increased chance of clipping like the V10 and ninebot pedals, theyre just way too wide... its meant for your feet, so it should imitate the shape of a foot lol, make them longer, not wider

I agree, the Z10 pedals are way too wide, and the KingSong pedals (the later versions) tend to be on the wider side.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

They’re just slightly too narrow for me, I quite like rolling my left foot somewhat and that part of my foot is already over thin air on my Sherman (I can’t put pads on it and stay on the pedals).

They aren’t that narrow compared to the Nikola - but they sit closer to the wheel body (I think) so the grip area is marginally smaller and not as far from the body / hanger.

For me - they need to be bigger and have more of an angle.

But that’s just me :)

• Like 2