"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

2 hours ago, Ghukek said:

I'm really feeling like I want the knobby but the first batch of eWheels are 70% street tires.

Can you explain this.. what do you mean by 70% of the first batch are coming with street tires. The first batch is an order of 100 units, 70 of them are coming with street tires?

2 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Can you explain this.. what do you mean by 70% of the first batch are coming with street tires. The first batch is an order of 100 units, 70 of them are coming with street tires?

eWheels said that in an email 70% street tires and 30% dirt for the first batch

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Willy510 said:

eWheels said that in an email 70% street tires and 30% dirt for the first batch

True but that was when they only had 50 units coming in the first batch. That number has increased to 100 units in the first batch. Now I'm wondering if those percentages will be the same or will the second 50 units all have street tires?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghukek said:

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned now. I was leaning toward the knobby but felt like I'd be content with a street if that's all that's left. Now, I'm really feeling like I want the knobby but the first batch of eWheels are 70% street tires. The knobby's will be all out by the time they get to me.

You could call eWheels and pre-order the configuration you want. If you don't pre-order, then there may not be any wheels of either configuration left. Just a thought. ;)

Edited by erk1024

My theory: Kuji had a low budget street tire that was unbalanced, causing wobbles at high speed.  Just the tube not fitting well inside can cause this.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone does a video with an ewheels street tire and says there is less wobbles than with the off road tire.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, erk1024 said:

You could call eWheels and pre-order the configuration you want. If you don't pre-order, then there may not be any wheels of either configuration left. Just a thought. ;)

I pre-ordered and am in the first batch... I emailed them and they just tell me you select the tire you want upon final payment 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanCar said:

My theory: Kuji had a low budget street tire that was unbalanced, causing wobbles at high speed.  Just the tube not fitting well inside can cause this.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone does a video with an ewheels street tire and says there is less wobbles than with the off road tire.

I doubt thats the case. That Kenda is the official street tyre. 

I think tyre producer just need to desing tyres specificaly for high speed EUC riding. When you look at that tyre it screams "wobbles" with its zigzag pattern. I think we need something that has straight linear pattern with small knobs on the side for it to be stable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

In a way we're just being picky. Every wheel made (except arguably the Monster) prior to the Sherman shipped with a street tire and we've ridden all over the planet with these wheels.

Yes and no. My impression from Kuji's video is that up to about 30mph on the street tire is fine, and most current wheels don't go much faster than that. We're treading into new territory here with the Sherman and some of us may be riding regularly at 40. I guess there is something to be said for one crash and one relatively short experience with the street tire. Maybe it's not as bad as I'm perceiving.

11 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

pretty safe to assume Kuji's new video is going to result in a change in these %'s favoring the off road tire.

makes one think the Sherman Veteran engineers knew something when shipping all pre-production wheels with the off road, knobby tire

Can't change batches that have already shipped though. Unless they fly in some knobby tires the ship has sailed for the first batch at least and quite possibly the second batch too.

4 hours ago, Ghukek said:

Yes and no. My impression from Kuji's video is that up to about 30mph on the street tire is fine, and most current wheels don't go much faster than that. We're treading into new territory here with the Sherman and some of us may be riding regularly at 40. I guess there is something to be said for one crash and one relatively short experience with the street tire. Maybe it's not as bad as I'm perceiving.

Can't change batches that have already shipped though. Unless they fly in some knobby tires the ship has sailed for the first batch at least and quite possibly the second batch too.

Not really. Maybe most wheels don't, but there are a ton of Gotway wheels that have been capable of low 30's for a few years and people have been riding Gotway's in the mid-30's for a long time. And we don't even know if the tire that Kuji put on the Sherman is the same tire will be supplied by Veteran.

But ultimately, we only have a sample of one (Kuji) which is too little to draw conclusions from.

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Not really. Maybe most wheels don't, but there are a ton of Gotway wheels that have been capable of low 30's for a few years and people have been riding Gotway's in the mid-30's for a long time. And we don't even know if the tire that Kuji put on the Sherman is the same tire will be supplied by Veteran.

But ultimately, we only have a sample of one (Kuji) which is too little to draw conclusions from.

No I'm aware that we're in the low to mid thirties, which is why I said *much* faster than 30. 

Kuji hit that bump at about 40 MPH. How many of us are casually riding on the street at that speed with current wheels?

But you're right; we only have one person sharing their experience with one wheel and one crash. Not much to go on I agree.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And we don't even know if the tire that Kuji put on the Sherman is the same tire will be supplied by Veteran.

It is the same tyre. Unless they have the same tyre in different widths then its 100% the same tyre.

• Like 1

Kuji crash in 40 kmh not mph! China use SI meric units not  imperial. (edited thx i write this post too sleepy) 

Anyway if he crash in 40 mph crash results with his joke/rolerblade/cyclo protection is like straight line to hospital. 

Reminds me Martys fall on MSP wobles and because he holding his long camera stick in hand he fall with good protection gear and take damage to body hard too. 

I wish him fast healing and no longtime pain or permanent skin damage. 

Stil is beter ride EUC and sometime fall like wasting time on facebook. 

I think veteran be great with street or enduro tires. We just need some time to discover best combination. Just remember what tire make with characteristic ks16x. Veteran be same case my opinion.

Edited by DjPanJan
Fix imperial vs metric
  • Like 1

When you look at that tyre it screams "wobbles" with its zigzag pattern.

At 50km/h the small patterns of the tire hit the ground about every 0.002 seconds. That’s 500 times per second. They do not affect a wobble in the slightest. One bump per tire revolution can cause a wobble, 50 of them can’t.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, Marty Backe said:

And we don't even know if the tire that Kuji put on the Sherman is the same tire will be supplied by Veteran.

As announced by Ewheels, it is.

• Like 2

Well sorry I'm wrong I formulated it I meant the moment of fall.

He started wobles trying to eliminate them and at the same time braked so the first impact on the surface was somewhere between 40-59 km / h.

But that doesn't matter at all. Veteran Sherman "managed" the fall well and Kuji excellently.
The core of my first post was that I think his protection is not enough for such a rocket and a fall of 60 Kmh / 40 miles.

His skill is amazing but physics is a more powerful witch.

• Like 1

Maybe someone will invent a wobble cancelling device using some weights and an accelerometer? if you can detect the onset of a wobble early it should be possible to stop it growing by firing a weight in the opposite direction and firing it back as the wobble switches direction, so stabilising the wheel. A bit like using an optical image stabiliser on camera lens.:popcorn:

There's another great opportunity here for an EUC manufacturer to be first to improve safety with such a device ... its definitely doable.

Edited by Nic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nic said:

Maybe someone will invent a wobble cancelling device using some weights and an accelerometer? if you can detect the onset of a wobble early it should be possible to stop it growing by firing a weight in the opposite direction and firing it back as the wobble switches direction, so stabilising the wheel. A bit like using an optical image stabiliser on camera lens.:popcorn:

There's another great opportunity here for an EUC manufacturer to be first to improve safety with such a device ... its definitely doable.

or you could just not go so fast on an euc/tire you're not very familiar with and you won't get them xD

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nic said:

All you need is a tuned mass damper like they have in cars. It would probably add a couple pounds to the overall weight. It would be part of a suspension system. 

Edited by shellac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nic said:

Or you can just have suspension and not worry about bumps on the road causing wobbles.... :laughbounce2:

• Like 1