WaveCut

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

If the pedals are to high I'm going to have to cancel my order to . Looks way to high and it's only set at 90 psi for a 190lb rider, any less and you'll have no suspension left

Yea thank you. This is exactly my point. We have to choose between pedals too high with suspension or pedals normal height without suspension.

It a Lose-Lose situation. 

Thanks @Jpd and @Marty Backe  For having experienced complications that I don't have to experience thanks to them.

Since my last ride was 57 Km / 35 miles. With a large work backpack full of carpentry tools to repair a wooden hut in a relatively inaccessible (for cars) area in the mountains. Elevation gain 825 meters / 2 706 feet. And my total weight was 147Kg / 324 pounds.
And the KS16X did it without any problems only at the top was the temperature of the engine and the mainboard 68 and 62 celsius.

The V11 would probably break under my weight with a load and it doesn't even have a PSI table for riders over 120 kg.

And a sherman with a preproduction mainboard would simply smoke in that final 6 Km long climb. What is most important to me is that I buy a V11 or sherman from the nearest regional supplier for warranty and warranty service and do not take an EUC from another country.

I would like to know how inmotion will deal with these cracks, whether it will be a rider's fault or a recognized warranty defect with a free repair and new part.

Don't be hysterical about the height of the pedals, it's about habit and I believe that inmotion does what it does and tested the elevated posture well.

Better to pedal higher and get used to than low pedals and have an accident because of them and heal for weeks and have damaged EUC.

Personally, I have no choice but to wait until the end of November, how it will all turn out with (V11 + sherman) and it will be the end of the season, the stupid CCP virus has shifted and complicated everything. S18 is disappointing for me personally due to the size of the battery (I do not rate S18, I'm just heavy for this EUC my fault not kingsong)

https://euc.world/tour/588392387586191

• Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 11:35 AM, Inmotion Global said:

The red parts on the top and the bottom are only used to fasten the suspension tube. No other magic settings. Sorry about that. 

You just need a little bit more time to adjust the higher pedal. The turning ability has been improved compare with prototype. Btw, you will feel smoother with the new suspenison travel distance(75mm to 85mm)

Yea I know this is the new V11 pedal height we all will get :( , hope this doesn't make me and many others want to cancel our V11 pre-orders?. Riding this high will compromise riding stability and breaking. At least give us an option to have to have the pre-production prototype model pedal height 19.5cm with the new 9 degree pedal angle. That is more than enough for tight turns.

Edited by VizioN-Scope

1 hour ago, VizioN-Scope said:

To Inmotion.

Me and many others have pre-ordered the V11 but now we have some major concerns about the pedal height. Just look at this video, the pedal are way too high.

Riding with pedal this high seriously compromise ride stability and breaking. Please bring pedal height back to "Kuji Rolls" pre-production model days with maybe just 1cm higher pedal height.

Please hurry up and fix this Inmotion, or we will most likely cancel our V11 pre-orders and buy some other EUC instead.

Have you seen the title of the video? High pressure= 0-5% of SAG. And you aim around 25-30% of SAG (in MTB world). 
Even on his curb video his pedals travel showed that he had "stiff" suspension, he could lower the pressure and get lower pedals and more plush ride.

I'm gonna ride only in the city so I'll pump it probably even less then IN suggest on the sticker. 

Did you already forget those pictures? LOL you are panicking as hell ;)

43BEB8E3-ACCB-4942-8091-1F9432134E78.jpe

143EBE8E-1429-4684-8E74-591018282976.jpe

Edited by kurt_hectic
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kurt_hectic said:

Have you seen the title of the video? High pressure= 0-5% of SAG. And you aim around 25-30% of SAG (in MTB world). 

Did you see dufs video and kuji ,duf had his on 150 but it didn't make the pedals so high , gpd ,,the guys 190lbs and only set it well below Inmotions chart which was 90psi set

Screenshot-20200714-071031-com-android-c

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, kurt_hectic said:

Even on his curb video his pedals travel showed that he had "stiff" suspension, he could lower the pressure and get lower pedals and more plush ride.

I'm gonna ride only in the city so I'll pump it probably even less then IN suggest on the sticker. 

Yea his PSI was 90 i believe and was the recommended setting for his weight according to Inmotion weight-barometer. He had the PSI too low before to try to lower the pedal height but that just gave him bad suspension. I truly hope you are right and that I am wrong about this because I want the V11 to good..

"I'm gonna ride only in the city so I'll pump it probably even less then IN suggest on the sticker." The problem here is that you might bottom-out the suspension and get screws and joints to break like we saw in the earlier post today.

Edited by VizioN-Scope
  • Like 1

I wonder if the metal part/clip that holds the pedals be changed. Perhaps Inmotion can provide a way to adjust the pedal height to preference?

Also - was the actually no metal insert to the cracked fittings? (couldn't quite tell from the pictures)

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Big thanks to @Jpd for feeding our hunger with these clips! Sorry to see the issues, but I’m sure Inmotion will take care of it.

Personally I wouldn’t cancel my order based on a single unit having an issue. Most of us will get ours from later batches anyway, this is why Inmotion made the first batch so small, to catch possible issues as early as possible.

I 100% agree on this. 

It isn't first time we seen a 1st batch having a rought start. 

Looking at pictures posted at S18, you can see upper padding still making tabs too, despite being "addressed". 

These are things to consider when ordering 1st batch.  I have felt this too on my KS18L and KS16X. I expect there to be minor issues. Any major ones will be add8and fixed I am very sure of that.

Now as of ride height. This is a bit odd to have a stand point right now. I  know what we are used to and how pivot point work. But with firmware and suspension being adjusted for this design I think this needs to be experienced and ridden some time to adapt to it. I expected this acutely. Just as it took me to adapt to my KS16X with CX tire. It too was higher and behave differently to my other wheels. 

I am still stoked to get my V11 (hopefully soon but we shall see). 

I do feel for you @Jpd. But I think you are better to talk with Inmotion and your reseller to get this sorted. Like @mrelwood said it is 1 unit...problem is if there is more. But it is something that can be fixed. In the end maybe by a replacement. I am pretty sure Inmotion are keen to understand what went wrong. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sergey said:

Can you try to hit the curb? I saw some scratches on side covers in Kuji review. I think that such can be scratches a result of hitting the curb on low pressure of tyre?

bump.jpg

v11.jpg

The tire sidewall height is less than the tire on the 16x. I’m sure if you ride with very low pressure you would be able to hit the body panels.

1 minute ago, Jpd said:

The tire sidewall height is less than the tire on the 16x. I’m sure if you ride with very low pressure you would be able to hit the body panels.

So how's the riding feel going ? Have you got the suspension tweaked right 👍

5 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

Hi, do you have any idea that cause the problem? Can you share more detail to me? I will help  you solve the problem. Thanks. Liam from Inmotion

Hi, It seems to me that the screws holding the saddle to the handle were possibly over tightened and caused plastic to brake. I would not have noticed if I hadn’t had to remove the panel to find what was making the rattling noise (loose screw). I think those plastic attachments are a bit of a weak link, and will probably fail very easily.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stephen said:

So how's the riding feel going ? Have you got the suspension tweaked right 👍

I think 100 psi is good for me, my son who weighs 120lbs likes it at 50psi. It definitely needs power pads, being a thin wheel there isn’t much to grab onto. So far ( I’ve only ridden for a couple hours ) I’m not as impressed as I hoped. Hopefully this will change over time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ARo said:

I wonder if the metal part/clip that holds the pedals be changed. Perhaps Inmotion can provide a way to adjust the pedal height to preference?

Also - was the actually no metal insert to the cracked fittings? (couldn't quite tell from the pictures)

The parts that cracked are just plastic, these hold the saddle to the handle/suspension rig.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jpd said:

I think 100 psi is good for me, my son who weighs 120lbs likes it at 50psi. It definitely needs power pads, being a thin wheel there isn’t much to grab onto. So far ( I’ve only ridden for a couple hours ) I’m not as impressed as I hoped. Hopefully this will change over time. 

Thanks for this information.

I think there are lessons to be learned from your few short clips.

If you don't setup suspension correctly then you are in a worse place than without suspension.

Now I rode my V10f yesterday.But I had never had a need to check tire pressure really before on my wheels. But I have ridden over some broken glass and it seems to loose some air. So when I turned I had a very scary sensation of the tire bulking away under me. I also had very hard time shoulder twisting to turn (my low speed turning normally)

As I can home I could feel the tire giving in as I rode over a small edge/curb 1" high. 

My lesson check tire much more frequently. But your story also made me add suspension to the check list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jpd said:

Into the wild, with the v11

Can’t wait to hear about it!

Can you share more about the charger and charging? Do you have alternative chargers? Also, are there any new ride settings in the app? Have you tested both comfort and classic modes?

• Like 1