PS. @palachzzz, please just let me know if you received my email, as I'm still not sure if address I'm using is still valid and you receive my emails.

7 hours ago, euccommuter said:

... but thought of the possibility for them to want a KS only EUC World to hurt the other brands.

Well somewhat indirectly they did hurt the other brands!  Before the other brands had a nice open source app.  Now they don't, they just have another closed source app.  So it seems to me the thing to do would be to have two apps one closed with Full KS support, and another fully open source app for everything else.  Or maybe even better why not just move the Kingsong update into it's own app, and leave every thing else alone.  the main app can even just call the update app when needed and it would all appear integrated (not that there is any reason for it to be integrated).  It seems there are options to segregate the KS code and that is the direction that I think would be best.  I'd like to hear why this direction was not explored and/or taken.  

It seems they were all tricked because the supplied KS code was reported to be useless, and so it was all reverse engineered anyway which could have been done without any license issue.  So now they have a license on code that is not even theirs.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 2

could someone explain why i dont get any alarms? as soon as i start to ride, my phone vibrates sometimes, randomly i would say. but no audible alarms

http://vfl.ru/fotos/718d877029795664.html
http://vfl.ru/fotos/da6d44e229795665.html
http://vfl.ru/fotos/93c93ff729795666.html
http://vfl.ru/fotos/78c1080d29795667.html
http://vfl.ru/fotos/6062212329795668.html

oneplus 7 pro, gotway mcm5

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aleksandr Dolgov said:

could someone explain why i dont get any alarms? as soon as i start to ride, my phone vibrates sometimes, randomly i would say. but no audible alarms

I think (I might be wrong) voice messages have to be enabled for that. You can enable them with the "speech bubble" icon on the top right of the main screen, and then configure the "finer details" in Settings > Voice settings ("turn on voice messages on start" is a good option to enable)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 9:12 AM, travsformation said:

It's a work in progress. Hopefully we'll be able to get it done soon (the hard part will be keeping up with development)

I think I've replied about the dots somewhere else, I'll see if i can find the post this afternoon ;)

You are on the user guide currently. Getting issues figured out is always tough, but ive never found a pdf for an involved program, that even remotely explains things well, or solves problems just as yours, as easily as this forum did. Im sure a good video or how to pdf or help menu will appear eventually. I'd imagine it is an overwhelming amount of work that winds up going thru one man who's not charging to use the app. All in due time grasshopper.

I am thinking that perhaps the eucw thread needs a locked version to highlight new things. This thread is awesome, but at 50+ pages already, I am suspecting that a few members aren't taking the time to read thru so many and the same suggestions are reappearing a LOT. Hell, Ive read all the pages and still have asked things Im sure were covered.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

People can use screen recorders like Az Screen recorder Free, for those users without screen recorder embedded into their rom. I'm so in if @Sebais willing to let us help. And also translate the user guide to other languages.

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

It's a work in progress, but slowly taking shape...

So far I've gotten as far as the main screen (icons, gauge, stats, status bar), stats/live data screen, speed/current chart screen & tour recording screen. Now for the settings... :eff05cf9bc:

That is great, and the next step is to translate the guide, and update the translations each time there is a major or even minor change. 

And after than maybe notes (edit or suggested settings) for each wheel like for example for a Ninebot Z10 you must have the temperature alarm at "Nan" and the Amps at "NaN", so to speak. (no?) 

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 2

I cant seem to get the EUCW app to fully connect to my wheel. The inMotion app connects just fine, but not EUCW. I've tried connecting using the Bluetooth icon at the top as well as the EUC circle icon (last wheel connected I assume). It finds my wheel and asks for password upon connecting. Regardless of what password I enter (or none at all) It shows "Connected!" at the bottom and the circle icon next to the CSV icon on the top bar turns solid green (after blinking during the connection phase) however, the EUC circle icon in the center of the speed guage between the phone and watch icon is not illuminated and it does not record any data. GPS works fine.

Wheel settings do not read the correct settings, as in I set MAX speed to 18 in inMotion app, and EUCW shows 15. I set EUCW to 21 and inMotion app still shows 18. Turing on the wheel light also does nothing in EUCW, but works in inMotion.

Does CSV need to be on or off or does that even matter.

Are there any other apps that are recommended besides the standard inMotion app?

EDIT FOR PREVIOUS POST .. My wheel is an V8F

• Like 1

So it does not connect, it should make the same sound as when connected to the Inmotion app. 

I don't really remember which app button I used for the first ever connection, but it was pretty much straightforward. 

What I know is that the connection has nothing to do with a "normal" BT connection that you do/manage from the phone's BT settings - I assume because it is a LT connection. 

Which app version are you using? I think there's no more BT icon on the top in current 1.2.0 version... 

Edited by Coco66

12 hours ago, HerotheCat said:

I cant seem to get the EUCW app to fully connect to my wheel. The inMotion app connects just fine, but not EUCW. I've tried connecting using the Bluetooth icon at the top as well as the EUC circle icon (last wheel connected I assume). It finds my wheel and asks for password upon connecting. Regardless of what password I enter (or none at all) It shows "Connected!" at the bottom and the circle icon next to the CSV icon on the top bar turns solid green (after blinking during the connection phase) however, the EUC circle icon in the center of the speed guage between the phone and watch icon is not illuminated and it does not record any data. GPS works fine.

Wheel settings do not read the correct settings, as in I set MAX speed to 18 in inMotion app, and EUCW shows 15. I set EUCW to 21 and inMotion app still shows 18. Turing on the wheel light also does nothing in EUCW, but works in inMotion.

Are there any other apps that are recommended besides the standard inMotion app?

Are you on Android 10?

Hi @Seba,

thanks so much for this amazing piece of software!

A few weeks ago I updated my KS16S (v2) with EUC World 1.06 on Android 9 from FW 1.08 to 1.09, calibrated and fine.

Then I tried (today for the second time) to update from FW 1.09 to FW 2.0x and the download and update process seemed to work, also calibrated again. But every app I tried (incl. EUC World) tells me my wheel is still on FW 1.09.

Any idea what I might be missing? - Also, except the app, is there an easy way to find out whether it's 1.09 or 2.0x? I tried to listen to the whine but could not really tell any difference whether it decreased, since I've gotten so used to it. Also did not notice any pronounced change in riding behavior but then it's been some time since I rode last.

Thanks a lot for your attention! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HerotheCat said:

Hmmm...reading the serial number, but not fully connecting, the wheel not acknowledging a connection with a sound...Not sure about this one...

Do you have any other wheels you can test with EUC World to see if they connect?

I hardly use my V8 any more, but I remember the app would keep running in the background even after closing it. Try force-closing the app before opening EUC World. It might also be worth trying to clear EUC World cache and data (or even reinstall)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

Hmmm...reading the serial number, but not fully connecting, the wheel not acknowledging a connection with a sound...Not sure about this one...

Do you have any other wheels you can test with EUC World to see if they connect?

I hardly use my V8 any more, but I remember the app would keep running in the background even after closing it. Try force-closing the app before opening EUC World. It might also be worth trying to clear EUC World cache and data (or even reinstall)

Andriod Version: 10

EUC World App: 1.2.0

Wheel: (shown in EUC World app) = Model is Unknown, Version is 2.2.18, shows Serial Number, No other data shown under Live Data or Statistics 

No sound on connect for either app! Activating the horn does not work on either app either. The wheel does beep during tilt-back. Setting max speed works in InMotion, not in EUCWorld. Turing the light on in InMotion app works, not in EUCWorld. InMotion app system check returns normal.

One side note, maybe not related, but when I attempt to change the default sounds using the InMotion app, it tells me to "Please lay down your car and try again." I'm not sure what this means or even if that's just a bad translation, but I am unable to change sounds.

*** I installed Wheel Log and it connects fine, records all live data as expected (mileage, power, tilt, roll, etc ..). I don't know about sound functionality in that app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the EUC World app.. Restarted the phone between attempts.

No other wheels to test against.

Being that the Wheel Log & InMotion applications connect and read live data, it must be the EUCWorld application. At least that's my logical assumption.

• Like 1