Just an update. I went riding today with my 18L and my Lemfo. I use csv logging exclusively and it worked just fine. Aside from me closing it on accident and turning 1 tour into 2, I had NO problems with it. I elected to mount the lemfo to the carry handle, as usually I dont prefer wearing any gadgets or jewelry. Anyhow, I digress..

EUCW logged me in automatically after having the device turned completely off for 2 days. Even if it hadnt, the message ease keyboard suggested to me by Victor makes it easy.

The GPS worked great. I installed GPS status and toolbox per Seba's suggestion. I noticed it took a LOOOONG time for it to get a lock and I can bet that contributed to my eucw gps data problems. After waiting until the app finally showed a lock, I opened eucw and began csv logging. I imagine it would work even had eucw already been open. Probably not, had i started a tour before locking. Im not sure, but it does work just fine. THanks for the suggestions guys! (*I didnt see the gps icon work in eucw, so i just carried on in hopes, i dont record 'live' tours still)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Today I was riding my MSX, running EUC World with the Wear OS companion, and the watch UI seemed to repeatedly freeze. I had to keep rebooting the watch but it would just reoccur. Any ideas? I took this picture many hours after I gave up using the watch on the ride. In this state the watch app can still change pages, but the data is frozen. I'd also never seen the gauges turn white. This is a Misfit Vapor, using a Pixel 4 phone. EUC World kept working on my phone. At least my phone kept vibrating to alert me when I hit my speed warning so it seems like some kind of a bluetooth malfunction between watch and phone.

39FMaeH.jpg

By the way, the strap thing is a velcro cable tie. It holds the watch to my flexmeter wrist guard perfectly!

• Like 3

Im pretty sure thats how mine looks when it loses bluetooth connection with the wheel. I connected my wheel and walked to another part of the house until it dropped, for this photo. Tis why no speed shown. My device sometimes stays on the wheel to not interfere with my wardrobe :)

DSCN7834.thumb.JPG.80fcbd38d8531d164601f0d0a4db9534.JPG

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Hi Seba. Is EUC app open source ?! Do you make available some kind of API ?? I would like to connect other devices, such as Arduino board, to mount helmet HUD (Head-up Display). Is it possible? 

On 4/23/2019 at 7:19 AM, Seba said:

Last updated: 17 January 2020

Dear fellow riders,

as some of you may already know, I'm the guy responsible for EUC World application and online service :efeffe9e4a: Whole story began at the beginning of 2019 when I forked WheelLog sources and decided to add some features I missed. One of such features was possibility to track my rides in similar way Strava, Endomondo or Wikiloc works, but with complete wheel telemetry. You know, I wanted to cross my country from northern to southern border, allow my friends to watch me live on the map and show the rest of world that EUCs are not toys :efee6b18f3: Of course even vastly improved WheelLog was not enough, as I needed some online service to save and share my tours with others. I created it and named "World of electric unicycles" and in fact it soon became a real world of electric unicycles - just take a look at the main map :)

I have chosen WheelLog sources as a foundation and initially I just wanted to add features that were useful during my riding. In particular voice announcements and alarms. Really, you should try speed alerts with Bluetooth earphones or helmet comm set! Wind noise will no longer be an issue to hear that you exceeded your preset speed, EUC is near to overheating or just overloaded and faceplant may be iminent. If you love long rides, you'll benefit from periodical speech reports about battery state, mainboard temperature, distance already travelled, time of your ride, average speed etc. I also added other languages thanks to @koto@ArqFG, @andress, @George Iliev, @Lefteris, @fabio70mi, @travsformation, @Hansolo@Tazarinho, @DjPanJan and other contributors. Now EUC World has been almost completely rewritten, becoming a completely independent application.

Currently EUC World supports following languages:

• English
  • Catalan 
  • Czech
  • French
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Bulgarian, Brazilian Portugese, Dutch, Greek, Italian are partially supported (would you like to make updates?)

Supported wheels:

• Gotway (all current models)
  • Inmotion (all current models)
  • King Song (all current models)
  • Ninebot One E+, One S2, Z6, Z8 and Z10
  • Rockwheel GT16
  • Solowheel Glide 2 and Glide 3

Supported watches:

• Android Wear 1.4 and later
  • Wear OS
  • Pebble (using WheelLog watch app)

SELECTED EUC WORLD APPLICATION FEATURES

• NEW IN 1.0.9 Full Gotway support, including calibration, side LED control and tiltback setting up to 75 km/h (may be limited by the wheel).
  • NEW IN 1.0.9 Enforce regulatory compliance action, allowing for simple and quick limiting wheel speed to 20 km/h to be compliant with local regulations. This action, as with other custom actions, can be assiged to Flic button, smartwatch button/screen tap or phone screen tap (works with King Song, Gotway and Inmotion wheels).
  • NEW IN 1.0.9 New custom actions, allowing for easy start/stop/pause/resume tour tracking, start/stop CSV logging, lock/unlock wheel, turn off wheel etc.
  • NEW IN 1.0.9 Speed prealarm, allowing to change low priority speed alarm to prealarm. In this mode there is only repeating beep, there is no "Slow down!" voice warning and when listening to the music, volume is not lowered.
  • NEW IN 1.0.9 Persistent headlamp mode, allowing to remember headlamp mode and restore it on subsequent application start (works with King Song and Gotway wheels).
  • Full King Song support, including speed unlocking, calibration and firmware update.
  • Flic 2 button support - Flic app is no longer needed. Flic 2 has better range, battery longevity and is more reliable that older Flic.
  • CSV logs synchronization with euc.world account, allowing you to safely backup your logs on euc.world server. It also allows you to create tours offline and use data analysis tools.
  • Heart rate monitoring, allowing you to display/hear your current heart rate and also include it during tour tracking or CSV logging.
  • Tour tracking with complete telemetry
  • Speech alarms and prompts - now you can pair your built-in BT speakers, earphones or helmet comm set with your phone and get instant voice alerts, prompts and reports. Wind noise will no longer be a problem and you won't any beep when going over predefined speed. Beeps and voice messages will let you know that you're approaching your wheel limits.
  • User friendly interface - completely reworked and much more friendly user interface, giving more valuable invormations and with better contrast to improve visibility and save your phone battery.
  • Flic button to easy activation of custom actions - now you can pair a small, wireless button with your phone and use it to activate horn, toggle lights in your EUC or get voice message with current riding parameters. You can get your Flic button here. Both Flic and Flic 2 are supported.
  • Motherboard/MOSFET/motor load monitoring - load gauge lets you instantly check how much current is drawn from or put into the battery. If you're agressive rider this feature will let you know when you're near or over predefined load limits of your wheel.
  • Improved overcurrent alarms - now you can have two independent alarms. One for peak value that will let you detect short, large current spikes (eg. during rapid acceleration). Another alarm is for "filtered", sustained current value. This way you can avoid situations when elevated current values may cause mainboard or wiring failure.
  • Overvoltage/overcharge alarm - we all know that during braking or riding downhill our wheels enter regeneration mode. In some cases this may lead to battery overcharging resulting in cutout or battery failure if occurs too often and unnoticed. Now you can get alarm when your battery voltage approaches goes beyond safe limit.
  • Extensive statistics - detailed ride statistics will let you know more about how your wheel rides, how your riding style affects energy efficiency, what power is needed etc.
  • Wear OS (Android Wear) watch support - now you can get almost the same information just on your wrist with Wear OS watch companion app. You can also activate custom actions from your watch, just like when tapping your phone main screen or pressing Flic button. You can also start, pause, resume or finish tour tracking. Watch will also vibrate when any of the alarms is active.
  • Custom horn sounds - you can select any sound from your phone to be used as a horn sound. More, you can have different sounds for Wear OS watch, Pebble watch (yes, they can work in paralell!), main screen tap and Flic button.
  • Picture-in-picture and split-screen support - with Android 8 and newer you can benefit from "piecture-in-picture" and "split-screen" mode. Even if EUC World is in background and you have to switch to desktop or another application, small gauge with most important informations will still be displayed in small window. In split-screen you can display two apps simultaneously.

876894484_EUCWorldscreens.thumb.jpg.cfcfca854159af29e85d13032e723930.jpg

WORLD OF ELECTRIC UNICYCLES - TRACK, ANALYZE AND SHARE YOUR RIDES

EUC World allows you to record your rides including your wheel telemetry data. By default, saved routes are not visible to others. You can share them with others (friends, family etc.) by sending them a link. You can also make some routes available to everyone, so they will be visible on the main page and from your signature image. You tour can be live during your epic rides! Euc.world is a great and free alternative to Endomondo or Strava, as it allows you to document your rides along with detailed wheel telemetry (wheel speed, battery charge, voltage, current, power etc.).

You don't need to be connected with your wheel to record your rides. Even if your wheel is not supported by EUC World yet, app may still act as a normal GPS tracker. In this case wheel data won't be recorded along your track - that's the only limitation. You can also add photos to your ride.

Euc.world online service will be significantly extended withing next weeks. Users will be able to store their CSV logs under their account and will be able to download them or view with  my http://wheellogviewer.net/ tool that will be improved and integrated with euc.world. Also some extended statistics will be available for users.

1360716175_EUCWorldonlineservice.thumb.jpg.b41a39bc76ce6e57b5d9ef5cfe068049.jpg

HOW TO START USING EUC WORLD APPLICATION AND ONLINE SERVICE?

1. Get your application from Google Play or visit https://euc.world/getapplication
  2. Sing up with https://euc.world to create free account.
  3. Sign up in EUC World app with credentials used to sign up in previous step.
  4. Setup your EUC World according to your preferences.
  5. Start riding and enjoy you new app! :)
  6. Last, but not least - don't forget to give me some feedback so I can push this project in right direction.

I'd kindly ask you for one thing...

If you are going on an interesting route, think about making it visible to everyone. The idea that guided me when I created euc.world online service was to show other people interesting places where you can get on an electric unicycle. So if it doesn't affect your privacy, think about recording some routes in public mode. Add interesting photos, let others see the beauty of the places where you ride on one wheel. This is one of ways we can popularize EUCs. We can show that EUC riders are everywhere! :) And remember - you can also change visibility. Just log to your account, enter the tour you would like to edit and from "Tour" menu select desired visibility. This way you can make the tour hidden or reverse - one of your beatutiful private tours make visible to everyone!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stillhart said:

How long does it take for the verification email?  It's been about an hour and I haven't seen it (including spam folder).  I don't see an option to resend either.  :(

Usually, not long. I had the same issue, turned out I'd typed in my email wrong... :D

On 4/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, raidzero said:

Today I was riding my MSX, running EUC World with the Wear OS companion, and the watch UI seemed to repeatedly freeze. I had to keep rebooting the watch but it would just reoccur. Any ideas? I took this picture many hours after I gave up using the watch on the ride. In this state the watch app can still change pages, but the data is frozen. I'd also never seen the gauges turn white. This is a Misfit Vapor, using a Pixel 4 phone. EUC World kept working on my phone. At least my phone kept vibrating to alert me when I hit my speed warning so it seems like some kind of a bluetooth malfunction between watch and phone.

39FMaeH.jpg

By the way, the strap thing is a velcro cable tie. It holds the watch to my flexmeter wrist guard perfectly!

This is actually pretty cool is a there a tutorial or video on how to setup smart wear with wheel log to look like that?

On 4/5/2020 at 4:49 AM, raidzero said:

Yes is bluetooth problem. This can hapen when you answer call or you are in area where is too many electro smog and conection phone watch is interupted . BT lost conection is not eucworld problem. Try keep phone close to watch (watch left leg phone left pocket) Carefuly setup BT and power management in phone and watch if is posible. Sometime "freze" and on phone app run fine just quit and start again app in watch. I have ticwatch pro i use special buton for eucworld. If not display react/grey  i just push buton on watch relaunch eucworld watch app. In all my cases hapend near group ppl or train stations school just too many BT signals. I just start using left "hearth" pocket and no problems anymore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, travsformation said:

Usually, not long. I had the same issue, turned out I'd typed in my email wrong... :D

I got it, it took several hours.  But yay!  I can start tracking now that I'm leaving the neighborhood.

• Like 2

@Seba

I downloaded the latest version of euc world app and set it upp towards my gotway tesla (v1.2).

Following issues found

1. Speed alarms.

I set:

1st alarm at 45km/h at 70% or less battery

2nd alarm at 40km/h at 40% or less battery

3rd alarm at 35km/h at 20% or less battery.

No matter the battery level on the EUC during load (checked on phone while riding) it will allways give an alarm at 35km/h (even when full battery so 80-85% at load) and 40km/h as well. So it seems like it disregards battery level and just triggers on speed. 

Am i misunderstanding something or is the alarm function broken? (One of the Best things in the app for me as i ride with headphones and beeper is hard to hear at 30+km/h)

2. Wheel settings - all alarms off

Does this still mean the 80% cutout alarm will sound from the beeper (like in original app)? I think i have ridden fairly close to max also at low battery levels but still have not heard the constant beep from the wheel. It must still be on right?

There is no  extra warning that its NOT on and all alarms off used to mean "all alarms except cutout alarm 20% from max power.

3. How can i make alsrm say "kilometers per hour" instead of "key emm slash eigh (km/h)"? It didn't before and i suspect Android os update?

Happy i sponsored you last year, as i see this app has grown tremendeously since my last version (plus insee more riders in Sweden as well due to this). Now i really feel the need for a wear os smart watch :-) nothing i considered before but a horn a speedometer on the wrist is neat to say the least :-)

Will continue sponsoring your work (and get the heat trail feature as a bonus) as I really like what i am seing and the responsiveness i have recieved.

Cheers mate

Boogieman

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

Funny, i just went through the settings again and found a tickbox (maybe the solution) for the above problem 1, will try it out and see if it helps :-) Text was a bit confusing with

"1alarm for three voltage and speed thresholds"

(the "1 alarm part" made me skip that part as i wanted three) but when reading last part of description it seems like its the one i need. Sorry :-)

Though to prevent confusion, the voltage setting should be greyed out if tick box is not ticked as then the voltage doesn't matter. Right?

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Though to prevent confusion, the voltage setting should be greyed out if tick box is not ticked as then the voltage doesnt matter. Right?

You're right, it could be more straighforward, and it would make sense for battery % / voltage to be grayed out if when voltage-dependent alarms isn't active :)

• Like 3

Checked nr 2 by lifting the wheel and let it spin and i did get the cut off alarm.

Compared the speed with here maps speedometer and the wheel showed about 3km/h more than here maps. Likely since my tyre is almost run blank and the speed is taken from the wheel. I guess that's why it seemed like a never would get cutout beep as i set tiltback to 45km/h but then i am only doing 42 IRL. Maybe i have used GPS speed in the old app version?

Saw that there is a correction for speed, you thought of everything. Will use that one.

4. I love the new function (that i believe we discussed last year) to be able to make the wheel "legal" (tiltback set to 20km/h) by just a click or a flick (i use long press) if being pulled over" 😁. But i also found a small bug when i tried to reset it back to my initial setting of 45. There was no quick way of doing it which is fine (but would be neat to have a toggle function in case of accidental long press), but when i entered 45km/h with numbers and confirmed it made two beep series. When i started riding 20km/h was still the tilt back speed. I tried several times but i could not get it higher than 20 as it just reverted back (even tried powering off the wheel) 😳 Started to get a bit nervous since i had a long ride ahead of me 🙈

As  final test i instead used the slider to set 45km/h and THEN it worked. So the bug is related to setting tiltback by inputting the speed with digits AFTER doing a "legal" setting with a long press click on the phone. Numbers don't work, but slider does :-)

Really cool that i can see the load off the mosfets in the display (i guess that is what the yellow bar in the center is?). Having an alarm for that would be awesome to save them if going uphill 🥰

Downside is now that it's compatible with wear os, i have to get a smart watch 🤑 cant wait to finally have horn and speed in the wrist even if horn ia only by the internal beeper, its a lot better than shouting at people lol

Great job

Boogie

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Checked nr 2 by lifting the wheel and let it spin and i did get the cut off alarm.

Compared the speed with here maps speedometer and the wheel showed about 3km/h more than here maps. Likely since my tyre is almost run blank and the speed is taken from the wheel. I guess that's why it seemed like a never would get cutout beep as i set tiltback to 45km/h but then i am only doing 42 IRL. Maybe i have used GPS speed in the old app version?

Saw that there is a correction for speed, you thought of everything. Will use that one.

GPS speed and wheel speed don't tend to coincide precisely (it would be even more dramatic if you had a KS!) But a 3 km/h difference isn't that much...were you going in a straight line? 

About the 45 km/h alarm, it's always based on the speed reported by the wheel, so GPS shouldn't affect that. If you set it to 45 km/h, it will beep when the wheel speed is 45 km/h, so it's always consistent. For testing purposes, you can always lower the speed to 30 km/h to make sure it works :)

8 hours ago, Boogieman said:

4. I love the new function (that i believe we discussed last year) to be able to make the wheel "legal" (tiltback set to 20km/h) by just a click or a flick (i use long press) if being pulled over" 😁. But i also found a small bug when i tried to reset it back to my initial setting of 45. There was no quick way of doing it which is fine (but would be neat to have a toggle function in case of accidental long press), but when i entered 45km/h with numbers and confirmed it made two beep series. When i started riding 20km/h was still the tilt back speed. I tried several times but i could not get it higher than 20 as it just reverted back (even tried powering off the wheel) 😳 Started to get a bit nervous since i had a long ride ahead of me 🙈

As  final test i instead used the slider to set 45km/h and THEN it worked. So the bug is related to setting tiltback by inputting the speed with digits AFTER doing a "legal" setting with a long press click on the phone. Numbers don't work, but slider does :-)

The toggle function wasn't implemented because the regulatory compliance option is somewhat of a last/emergency resort, so you're correct, you have to change it from speed settings. About your issue, try hitting "enter" on the phone keyboard after typing in the number, that should work.

9 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Really cool that i can see the load off the mosfets in the display (i guess that is what the yellow bar in the center is?). Having an alarm for that would be awesome to save them if going uphill 🥰

This should clarify any doubts about the gauge on the main page:

9 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Downside is now that it's compatible with wear os, i have to get a smart watch 🤑 cant wait to finally have horn and speed in the wrist even if horn ia only by the internal beeper, its a lot better than shouting at people lol

You have a choice between Pebble, WearOS and Tizen ;)

• Like 3

Hi.  So I signed up, and never got the verification email.  It has been a full day.  I checked my spam folder, and it wasn't in there either.  I'm pretty sure my email was correct, because it's the main one i use for apps.   :huh:    Is there a way to verify the email address?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, 67SS said:

Hi.  So I signed up, and never got the verification email.  It has been a full day.  I checked my spam folder, and it wasn't in there either.  I'm pretty sure my email was correct, because it's the main one i use for apps.   :huh:    Is there a way to verify the email address?  Thanks.

That's odd. Try signing up again with the same email just in case, you'll get an "email already in use" if you typed it in correctly the first time. If not, let us know here and we'll look into it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 67SS said:

In some rare cases email providers (AT&T is the most common case) are silently discarding confirmation emails. This doesn't only apply to EUC World but also other services. The only solution is to register using another email from other provider.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, travsformation said:

That's odd. Try signing up again with the same email just in case, you'll get an "email already in use" if you typed it in correctly the first time. If not, let us know here and we'll look into it

It says that the display name is already in use JRS-EV.  If worse comes to worse, I can try a different email, but I have a feeling it won't let me use this name.  Thanks for your help.  The app is awesome!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 67SS said:

It says that the display name is already in use JRS-EV.  If worse comes to worse, I can try a different email, but I have a feeling it won't let me use this name.  Thanks for your help.  The app is awesome!

Hmmm...try signing up using a different display name but the same email address. 

Sorry for noob question im new with this app, so im probably doing something wrong but why hasn't it fully recorded/tracked my ride on the map?

I have touring and csw set to automatically record when i connect to the wheel (Inmotion V10), i have the speech also activated so i was regularly receiving updates during my ride and didn't get any disconnecting issues through the alerts. When i finished i manually stopped the tour and the csw then disconnected the app from the wheel. I also have  set to automatically upload my ride to EUC world, Did i do something wrong or in the wrong order?

capture-20200415-144254.jpg

Edited by Dave Wood

7 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

Sorry for noob question im new with this app, so im probably doing something wrong but why hasn't it fully recorded/tracked my ride on the map?

I have touring and csw set to automatically record when i connect to the wheel (Inmotion V10), i have the speech also activated so i was regularly receiving updates during my ride and didn't get any disconnecting issues through the alerts. When i finished i manually stopped the tour and the csw then disconnected the app from the wheel. I also have  set to automatically upload my ride to EUC world, Did i do something wrong or in the wrong order?

Looks like you lost Internet connection just after departing from start location and regained it on finish. I bet you've been using WiFi and no cellular data connection, right? Tour tracking needs constant data connection to send your progress to the server. But you can just delete this tour and then create it using data saved to CSV log.

In general there are two ways of creating tours - standard, "online" mode and "offline" using CSV data. There is nothing wrong in using both features, but you can't have duplicate tours. So if you create tour using online tour tracking, you won't be able to create it again from CSV log. System won't allow creation of tours that overlap. But if you delete tour you will be able to recreate it from CSV data.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seba said:

bet you've been using WiFi and no cellular data connection, right?

Yeah that's correct, thank you! so in future just use CSV and not bother with the touring part in the app am correct in thinking ?

• Like 1