17 hours ago, Seba said:

switch LEDs modes etc

I noticed that the Gotway wheels LED mode had 9 different settings but the MSX only uses 1-3. Do you have plans for or have the ability to program new light modes without having to spend a bunch of money on custom LED controllers? Is this possible without a third party PCB? 

• Like 1

I have problem to get EUC World working again. It used to work fine but now on start up it peeps 3 times and red bar shows that speed is limited to 20 km/h. At next page speed limit says that too. I did updated my 16s from 1.0.9 to 2.0.1 FW and made calibrations when it worked but now don`t know what happened. KS-app and Wheel log works. Wheel is from local dealer. I will test ride it today and try to make it work somehow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

I noticed that the Gotway wheels LED mode had 9 different settings but the MSX only uses 1-3. Do you have plans for or have the ability to program new light modes without having to spend a bunch of money on custom LED controllers? Is this possible without a third party PCB? 

There is no way to program any LED modes into Gotway. It's wheel limitation which modes are available. In MSX you can have only three first modes, while in Nikola you can get 7 (IIRC). In terms of software customization Gotway is way behind all other wheels. It doesn't offer any advanced settings, no software update, nothing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FunkyWheeling said:

I have problem to get EUC World working again. It used to work fine but now on start up it peeps 3 times and red bar shows that speed is limited to 20 km/h. At next page speed limit says that too. I did updated my 16s from 1.0.9 to 2.0.1 FW and made calibrations when it worked but now don`t know what happened. KS-app and Wheel log works. Wheel is from local dealer. I will test ride it today and try to make it work somehow.

Beeps on startup are normal and in no way are sign of a problem. It's just a sign of communication start. Speed limit 20 km/h may be caused by several factors. One is that your speed limit (tiltback speed) is set to 20 km/h. It may happen after upgrading to 2.x (as 20 km/h is the default), so you'll have to set alarms and tiltback speed again after wheel update and recalibration. Another cause may be that with 2.x firmware there is new feature, causing wheel motor to be disengaged after startup if wheel is standing against the wall, for example. Motor engages automatically whe wheel is upright. While motor is disengaged for whatever reason, speed limit will also be 20 km/h. Also if battery is discharged, speed limit will kick in - we call it throttling.

What does exactly mean that "KS-app and Wheel log works" ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, travsformation said:

I can confirm this, same on the 16X and 18XL

Ok, I found the culprit. I will fix it today an publish update ASAP along with translations that are prepared by @Unventor and @EldARon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

Beeps on startup are normal and in no way are sign of a problem. It's just a sign of communication start. Speed limit 20 km/h may be caused by several factors. One is that your speed limit (tiltback speed) is set to 20 km/h. It may happen after upgrading to 2.x (as 20 km/h is the default), so you'll have to set alarms and tiltback speed again after wheel update and recalibration. Another cause may be that with 2.x firmware there is new feature, causing wheel motor to be disengaged after startup if wheel is standing against the wall, for example. Motor engages automatically whe wheel is upright. While motor is disengaged for whatever reason, speed limit will also be 20 km/h. Also if battery is discharged, speed limit will kick in - we call it throttling.

Ah. Ok. Thank you Seba for fast reply. Haven`t tested it but today i will. Tiltback speeds and alarms are set to as it was earlier. It could be that its leaning against the wall. Your app is getting little too sophisticated to keep up, but in a good way i mean.

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

What does exactly mean that "KS-app and Wheel log works" ?

I meant that there was no problems adjusting tiltback or alarms and no speed limit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FunkyWheeling said:

Ah. Ok. Thank you Seba for fast reply. Haven`t tested it but today i will. Tiltback speeds and alarms are set to as it was earlier. It could be that its leaning against the wall. Your app is getting little too sophisticated to keep up, but in a good way i mean.

For long time I planned to release a series of video tutorials about EUC World features and best use practices. I see it's time to do it now. I'll start this weekend.

5 minutes ago, FunkyWheeling said:

I meant that there was no problems adjusting tiltback or alarms and no speed limit.

I understand. KS app also does display speed limit, but it's way less noticeable. IIRC WheelLog doesn't display this at all.

• Like 2

I upgraded to ver 1.0.9 last night. Can anyone tell me why I am getting an alarm at 29mph with the below settings? I didnt think it should trigger until at 50% batt or below? The wheel was at 76% during this lift test.

1132052712_Screenshot_20200227-154031_EUCWorld.thumb.jpg.a13b2be757634a9265c48ba9eb602c8f.jpg

@Planemo maybee becuse if you acelerate battery drop under 50% for some seconds and this trigger alarm. Try use conservative batery readings in options eucworld this make batery drops smoother. Or just manualy check on eucworld graph and you see drop under 50% easily. Example i ride long incline and acelerating for test how many amp trigger whell alarm and under high load i have 76V in seconds after stop acelerationg my batery go back to 83,1V(  this danger  test i shure make on almost full batery)  I think this is you case.

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

I upgraded to ver 1.0.9 last night. Can anyone tell me why I am getting an alarm at 29mph with the below settings? I didnt think it should trigger until at 50% batt or below? The wheel was at 76% during this lift test.

1132052712_Screenshot_20200227-154031_EUCWorld.thumb.jpg.a13b2be757634a9265c48ba9eb602c8f.jpg

It was a lift test? As it's hard to precisely control speed in such test, so there is possibility that speed at some point reached 32 mph and this caused higer priority speed alarm to kick in.

• Like 1

When I say lift test, its on a stand. I can easily hold a certain mph for a few seconds, I am 100% confident it never hit 32mph, and I am 100% confident it never dipped from 76% down to 50% during the lift test. If it did I would be very worried!

I wish I could be 100% it didnt happen before the upgrade, but I cant. I had only done 1 ride on the old version but I dont remember noticing any alarms.

If I turn off all alarms it works fine - no alarms at all. I just dont get why this 29mph is triggering :wacko:

• Like 1

Ok just done some more testing and it gets weirder...

I tried it with the speed set to 5mph, and to 40mph, restarting the app both times just to be sure. The alarm still went off at 29mph...

The only way I can stop the alarm is to 'turn all alarms off'

Its almost as if this 29mph alarm is being triggered by something else entirely?!

Its not the current, peak current or temp alarm as all are nowhere near their trigger limits. And the overvoltage alarm isnt on.

10 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Maybe it helps if you log you test. In the csv file is a column named "alarms" - it will contain imho a 1 (or some none zero value) if any EUC World alarm is triggered. Then you can investigate the line for the exact values on which the alarm was triggered. Maybe that helps finding the system?

Ps.: @Seba - maybe some numbering scheme for the triggered alarm could be nice for this column? Or even writing a full text description of the triggered alarm?

• Like 2

@Planemo I have had odd behaviour with speed settings and lights before.

I have not test the latest version due to a cold so current I am indoor in bed most of the time. 

So back to the past. When I used multiple apps I could get some odd issues with settings would kick in right or not able to change the, it they were set by another app. I had a mix of KS app, Inmotion app, at some point 2 different versions of wheelog and later EUC.WOULD app. 

At that point EUC.WOULD app wasn't as stable as it is now. So I started to do setting only in brand apps. 

The first thing I can suggest never run 2 apps for euc at the same time. If settings do not work with EUC.WORLD then is the question how it works with other apps. 

Same goes for devices, only connect with one device (phone or tablet) at the time. Better even only active run 1 euc app on any device at the time. 

Also might help to know what wheel and fw wheel has. So others might be able to confirm the same. Same goes for android version and android device. 

I know that some apps acts different depending on os and phone. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I tried it with the speed set to 5mph, and to 40mph, restarting the app both times just to be sure. The alarm still went off at 29mph...

Its almost as if this 29mph alarm is being triggered by something else entirely?!

Its not the current, peak current or temp alarm as all are nowhere near their trigger limits. And the overvoltage alarm isnt on.

Please create a CSV log as @Chriull suggested and send it to me - sebastian@euc.world - I'll carefully take a look at this. Please also send me a screenshot of alarm settings.

• Like 2

Oh, and one thing @Planemo. What alarm is activated - vibration alarm in phone? Beep/voice alarm in phone or BT headphones/speakers? Or beeps in wheel?

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Have you checked under Settings > Wheel settings > Speed alerts and tiltback? There are speed alarms there too that might be triggering

Ok seba I will slowly run it up to 35mph and send you the file. I never have any wheel apps running together. For test purposes I was running the alarm on the phone (I usually use Pebble) but more precisely I was just looking at the euc world app display when testing - it was turning red when the alarm was activating so was easy to see.

Actually, I have just sent you the file. I had the 2nd alarm set to 40mph but it was still going off at 29.

I am going to send you the alarm page screenshots now. Thanks

17 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Have you checked under Settings > Wheel settings > Speed alerts and tiltback? There are speed alarms there too that might be triggering

This isnt a wheel alarm, its an euc world one. The only alarm I am getting on the wheel is the 80% one at around 30/31mph (as displayed on euc world), as expected for this battery level. The euc world one (displayed) is triggering at 29.

Hang on...both are very close...is euc world picking up the gotway 80% alarm..??!!

That said, the euc world alarm is 100% triggering before the gotway beeps...

4 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Hang on...both are very close...is euc world picking up the gotway 80% alarm..??!!

Heh, I would be great to get such information from wheel, but no. Gotways doesn't send such information, so it's just a coincidence.

5 minutes ago, Planemo said:

This isnt a wheel alarm, its an euc world one.

Ok, thank you. I wanted to make things clear, as sometimes users doesn't differentiate between these two alarms. So please create a CSV log and send it to me with screenshot of your alarm settings.

• Like 1

Ok I think i have solved it! Somehow, during the upgrade, wheel speed correction had set to -12%! This was always at zero before, no idea how it adjusted itself.

I only looked at this becausrle I suddenly thought...hang on, at 76% battery the 84v msx should deffo do more than 31mph before the 80% alarm on a lift test. Sure enough, set the wheel speed correction to zero and it triggers at 34mph which is about right.

The euc world alarm now works correctly at 29mph too.

Both the wheel alarm and euc world alarm going off near each other was indeed a coincidence. And it was in fact the primary 32mph euc world alarm that was getting triggered at 29mph, due to the unwanted wheel speed correction!

Sorry Seba, I have no idea how the wheel correction occured, I definately hadnt gone into the settings page until now. Weird, but sorted. Cheers!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seba said:

I understand. KS app also does display speed limit, but it's way less noticeable. IIRC WheelLog doesn't display this at all.

As far as I remember, you had planned that this variable current speed limit will also be available soon in EUC.World. Is that still planned?

Screenshot-20191226-113355-Quick-Pic.jpg