8 minutes ago, travsformation said:

The "wheel settings" section is where you can define tiltback speed and different wheel alarm speeds (depends on the manufacturer). I have an Inmotion V8 and EUC W. only lets me set the tiltback speed, not configure any alarms, so I don't know what the case is with the V10. I'm not sure what you mean by "EUC World has cancelled the wheel's hardware alarms", what gives you that impression? Could you post a screenshot?

it was Unventor that told me EUC World would cancel the wheel's hardware alarms, speed throttling/control if i went into wheel settings in the eucworld app which didn't sound right with me because you can't even deactivate it in the inmotion app so i was trying to get clarification on if that's right or not.

32 minutes ago, travsformation said:
7 hours ago, Dave Wood said:

Sorry for the noob question lol

The V10 has a standard safety feature/alarms that gradually reduces your top speed as the battery gets lower to help prevent cutouts but if i were to use an app such as eucworld/wheellog would that safety feature get turned off because im not using the inmotion app settings?

That's called "speed throttling", and EUC World won't (and can't) change those parameters, so nothing to worry about 😉

this is what answer i needed to my question :) thank you

Edited by Dave Wood
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

this is what answer i needed to my question :) thank you

Good then what I tried to explain and failed at it, someone else managed to clear this out. 

Just one minor thing, Inmotion support isn't 100% that is why some setting are avaliable others are not. Same goes for Inmotion own app. With V5f and V8 and V10 series all differs on what the wheel can do hench functions with (any) app too. Eg. V8 don't support BT music, but V10 does. 

As I recall you can in Euc.world (wheel settings) set new tilt back speed on a V10 but it does not change throttling speeds as this algorithm is unchangeable by user settings. New firmware might alter it, who know what happens in new firmware. 

NOTE: plan is to look into Inmotion integration but when isn't sure yet (I share this as beta & translator teammember). I asked Inmotion (this weekend) to assist, asthey could benafit from supporting EUC.WORLD but my first attempt on this didn't get any results. 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2020 at 10:30 PM, Seba said:

Actually 9 % drained in 11 hours by EUC World vs 8 % drained in just 30 minutes by Twitter doesn't look bad. Are you sure that you closed the app and not sent it to the background? It should confirm closing with "Good bye!" message. Anyway I'll take a look at this.

Yes I'm positive I close it and not send to background. It used to work fine in earlier releses, but now the notification hangs there unless the app is force stopped. 

As to whether it's worse than Twitter, that's 9% in 30 mins in foreground, Twitter takes next to zero in background.

1 hour ago, Fuzzypixel said:

Yes I'm positive I close it and not send to background. It used to work fine in earlier releses, but now the notification hangs there unless the app is force stopped. 

What version of Android are you using? Are you using gestures instead of the 3-button bar? What are you doing to close the app?

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

What version of Android are you using? Are you using gestures instead of the 3-button bar? What are you doing to close the app?

I use gestures on Android 10 (inQQ1A.200205.002 is the build case it matters). Slow swipe up to minimize the app to the card then swipe the card up again to close the app.

Again, exactly the same way I did before because I don't like the app running when I'm not using the wheel.

Folks, I know how to use Android, being a developer and all, in case it's the implication.

1 hour ago, Fuzzypixel said:

I use gestures on Android 10 (inQQ1A.200205.002 is the build case it matters). Slow swipe up to minimize the app to the card then swipe the card up again to close the app.

Again, exactly the same way I did before because I don't like the app running when I'm not using the wheel.

Folks, I know how to use Android, being a developer and all, in case it's the implication.

I figured that was the case. I had a suspicion it was connected with Android 10, gestures & the way the app was being closed (as I've run into the same problem), and had to ask to be sure, no condescension meant  :)

Closing the app from the "recent app" drawer just doesn't work with the current version under Android 10, the system seems to interpret this as a crash and relaunches the app. The back gesture (swipe from left edge inward) x 2, on the other hand, works fine for me (Huawei P30 Pro, Android 10). The EUC World settings menu opens when doing so only if I swipe left from the top third of the screen; if I do so from the middle or bottom third, the "back" gesture is detected and I can close the app normally, with no issues.

But maybe it isn't the case with stock Android, Samsung One UI, etc., and Huawei's EMUI is actually working in my favor for once :efefa6edcf:

Let me know if this works for you, as well as @Flyboy10, @EldARon and @Nick McCutcheon, who I believe are experiencing the same problem.

@Seba is usually very quick to solve such issues, but in this case, the problem stems from him being stuck on Android 9 and without access to a phone with Android 10...

But I believe there's already a workaround underway...

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Seba said:

Normally there is a special routine that doesn't take into account such GPS glitches so rankings are not affected. I've however cleaned this tour for you so you won't loose your rank :)

No worries and thanks! I was wondering if i could use a csv editor and fix it myself, but its not a big deal. It also made me wonder.. if i can FIX it myself, could others FAKE it themselves? I wouldnt know why anyone would want to bluff the system, but you know how people can be. Awesome support Seba! Is all software a can of worms like this? I mean, you make it simple, then someone wants MORE. You make it MORE, and small bugs arise. You squash the bugs and people ask for more. You make it more, include more users, get more bugs, squash those. I can only imagine as user base grows, the details and additives to accomodate, REALLY start to become massive in amount. Just wondering if you expected your simple app idea to generate so much interest and evolve in such a fashion? Keep up the good work, hopefully you're getting a few free beers for the days of trouble.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

I figured that was the case. I had a suspicion it was connected with Android 10, gestures & the way the app was being closed (as I've run into the same problem), and had to ask to be sure, no condescension meant  :)

Closing the app from the "recent app" drawer just doesn't work with the current version under Android 10, the system seems to interpret this as a crash and relaunches the app. The back gesture (swipe from left edge inward) x 2, on the other hand, works fine for me (Huawei P30 Pro, Android 10). The EUC World settings menu opens when doing so only if I swipe left from the top third of the screen; if I do so from the middle or bottom third, the "back" gesture is detected and I can close the app normally, with no issues.

But maybe it isn't the case with stock Android, Samsung One UI, etc., and Huawei's EMUI is actually working in my favor for once :efefa6edcf:

Let me know if this works for you, as well as @Flyboy10, @EldARon and @Nick McCutcheon, who I believe are experiencing the same problem.

@Seba is usually very quick to solve such issues, but in this case, the problem stems from him being stuck on Android 9 and without access to a phone with Android 10...

Ok thanks for the explanation. You are right, swiping twice from the edge works, I see press back again to exit message but it's really painful to do since first couple of swipes are inevitably interpreted as switching tabs. 

Edited by Fuzzypixel
Typos
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fuzzypixel said:

Ok thanks for the explanation. You are right, swiping twice from the edge works, I see press back again to exit message but it's really painful to do since first couple of swipes are inevitably interpreted as switching tabs. 

I will add dedicated and easy to use "Close" method to the app, so Android 10 gestures won't be needed.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

Double back press works! And swiping away from the recents drawer seems to now kill the app as well, not sure if an update was pushed behind the scenes or if something else was causing it to stay open. I'm on Android 9, if that's important for debugging. I'll just use double back from now on, as that avoids me having to exit PIP mode and then killing it manually. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 8:02 PM, Seba said:

Unfortunately there is no way to get back to 1.0.8 :( We just have to find solution for your problem. What phone make and model you use and what Android version?

Seba fixed the problem with crashing version 1.0.9 already! Awesome support :thumbup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, travsformation said:

Let me know if this works for you, as well as @Flyboy10, @EldARon and @Nick McCutcheon, who I believe are experiencing the same problem

Double swipe works, but is slightly annoying as it now takes 4 swipes and 2 seconds of waiting as opposed to 2 swipes and instant closure. #firstworldproblems ;) I'm on Android 8.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Seba said:

I will add dedicated and easy to use "Close" method to the app, so Android 10 gestures won't be needed.

If at all possible it'd be good if it could be closed from the notification (I think you can have actions on the notification). Otherwise I have to open the app first in order to close it which is odd (normally for me the app is not in the foreground when I'm riding).

Edited by Fuzzypixel
  • Like 1

Hi Seba. Nice app. Obviously a lot of hard work there. Good job! Is there documentation anywhere? Like what are all those dots and bars on the gauge? Sorry but it's not obvious to all of us coming into this late. Thanks.

Regards,

Chip

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tvw3 said:

Hi Seba. Nice app. Obviously a lot of hard work there. Good job! Is there documentation anywhere? Like what are all those dots and bars on the gauge? Sorry but it's not obvious to all of us coming into this late. Thanks.

Regards,

Chip

I think he planned on making a how to, but then it was pointed out that this app is evolving VERY rapidly at the moment, and any how to's may be largely inaccurate at a faster rate than he can video or pdf them. I saw the suggestion of in app help and it made a lot of sense. This was asked or at least addressed in the previous page or two.

My question is.. did you ever implement a way to pause csv recording, rather than stopping and starting? You know my situation is a csv type only and really do like it. I was just wondering if a pause could be implemented, so my cigarette rolling breaks and my stops in small stores, arent added in.  Having it ask me to resume or start a new log (if the previous wasnt user stopped) could be pretty sweet.  Above those tho, the csv pause feature would be the bees knees.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tvw3 said:

Regards,

Chip

It's a work in progress. Hopefully we'll be able to get it done soon (the hard part will be keeping up with development)

I think I've replied about the dots somewhere else, I'll see if i can find the post this afternoon ;)

• Like 1

Hi all. Thanks to those that replied and thanks for the welcome. Being in the engineering world myself, I'm in awe of somebody who can produce something like this as a labor of love. I just worry that without some explanation all that work goes for naught if you can't figure it out. I think all I'm suggesting is something as simple as an annotated screenshot.

There are a couple of things that catch my attention and maybe somebody knows the answers:

- The screenshot of the gauge on the app page shows a bar at the top that would appear to show the distance traveled along with a yellow dot and a blue dot. What are those? The app (v1.0.9) on my Samsung S7 doesn't have that bar/dots at all, just text distance. Did the app change? Is there a setting that needs to be made? Is it only there when touring is started? Or?

- What is the difference between Journey Time and Ride Time? How do you reset them? Is one from the wheel and one from the app? Is there a difference in the definition depending on whether you are looking at the EUC gauge or the GPS gauge?

- What's the difference between touring and logging? Both would seem to be collecting data and turning on one or the other seems to overlap in the options. How do most people use it? I thought I was collecting data on my first ride yesterday and found out after the fact I wasn't. Bummer. I guess I should just collect everything and go back and clean up the website database after the fact. What works for everyone?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tvw3 said:

- The screenshot of the gauge on the app page shows a bar at the top that would appear to show the distance traveled along with a yellow dot and a blue dot. What are those? The app (v1.0.9) on my Samsung S7 doesn't have that bar/dots at all, just text distance. Did the app change? Is there a setting that needs to be made? Is it only there when touring is started? Or?

This is a wheel load indicator. This load is expressed as a percent of highest current defined as a overcurrent alarm. For example you assume that 30 A is the maximal current you won't to exceed, so you set this in alarm settings. Setting this alarm will activate this load bar and it will display current value relative to your highest current alarm setting. Yellow color shows discharge current and blue regenerative (braking current). This bar will be active even if alarms are disabled. Only requirement is to set non-zero current values.

15 minutes ago, tvw3 said:

- What is the difference between Journey Time and Ride Time? How do you reset them? Is one from the wheel and one from the app? Is there a difference in the definition depending on whether you are looking at the EUC gauge or the GPS gauge?

Journey Time is the time of entire journey, counting from application start. Ride time is time while in motion. It doesn't include stops.

16 minutes ago, tvw3 said:

- What's the difference between touring and logging? Both would seem to be collecting data and turning on one or the other seems to overlap in the options. How do most people use it? I thought I was collecting data on my first ride yesterday and found out after the fact I wasn't. Bummer. I guess I should just collect everything and go back and clean up the website database after the fact. What works for everyone?

Tour tracking is a feature very similat to what is known from Strava or Endomondo. This works online and allows for live tracking and tour sharing. Data are recorded with period of about 2 seconds and all peaks are filtered out. CSV logging is more like a "black box", recording data with much more details to local CSV file that can be later used for forensics or statistics. It can be also used to create tours offline, which will result in creation of tour just like during online tour tracking. It may be used alternatively to tour tracking and has some pros and cons. When used as a data source for creating tours later It doesn't require Internet/data connection during ride. It doesn't suffer from cellular coverage problems. It lasts longer on battery. As tours are created later, there is no live tracking possible.

• Like 3

My brother lives in Copenhagen, DK in Naerum right next to the King's Forest. Would be a great place for riding. Have to see if I can get him on a EUC. Do you know if the Danes are being friendly or hostile regulatory-wise?

With version 1.0.9 on Android 10 (Google Pixel 3), there is no way to exit the app. Removing it from the recent apps tray does not kill the app. Keeps running. 

Just in case you want this on the backlog. App doesn't seem to chug any battery while sleeping in the background, so, not an issue.