4 hours ago, Unventor said:

I would like make a public praise to @travsformation too because from what I have seen he have collected and suggested many good things. How @Seba are able to keep building stuff and changes is beyond me.

Thanks for your acknowledgment Unventor! Just happy to give back to such an awesome community! :)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, vasuvius said:

With version 1.0.9 on Android 10 (Google Pixel 3), there is no way to exit the app. Removing it from the recent apps tray does not kill the app. Keeps running. 

Just in case you want this on the backlog. App doesn't seem to chug any battery while sleeping in the background, so, not an issue.

See this reply on the previous page :)

• Like 1

@Seba Is Wheel Log Viewer inop with the .csv log files that EUC World produces and stores on the service? I have a 3MB file that EUC World updated. When I tried the Wheel Log Viewer it uploaded the file but then did not show anything. Tried on both Firefox 73.0.1 (64-bit) and IE 11.0.175. Is some particular add-on expected? Thanks.

2 hours ago, tvw3 said:

@Seba Is Wheel Log Viewer inop with the .csv log files that EUC World produces and stores on the service? I have a 3MB file that EUC World updated. When I tried the Wheel Log Viewer it uploaded the file but then did not show anything. Tried on both Firefox 73.0.1 (64-bit) and IE 11.0.175. Is some particular add-on expected? Thanks.

If I understand you correctly (I might have this wrong) I think that answer to might be that euc.world uses a sync file service in android. 

The reason we discussed this was due to some behavior investigation some reported and it show up a little different for most of us when trying to close the app. 

@Seba have tried to do different fixes for it but... 

In short 2 things happens. If log files still is not uploaded the sync service will stay active and you might see this as a not working task/app screen. 

The other thing is if you open and quit euc.world with short within short time interval, android 10 precibe this as a possible app crash and auto restart kicks in launching the app again. 

Then on some android systems, a new way to do gestures kicks in to making closing the app harder. 

All above things comes across euc.world seems unstable or as it crashed. At first I didn't get what the debate was about but later that day I started to pick it up as I had hard time to close/quit the app too. 

Sorry for the long answer.

@Sebamight be able explain better. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

Hi all. I think EUC world is an excellent app, and I use it a lot for my MSX.
But not for my other wheels, this is because I find it too time consuming to change all settings to fit the different wheels. 
So my suggestion to improve the app even more would be a way to "bookmark" all settings, or could this be done in an other way?

19 minutes ago, MadInMad said:

Hi all. I think EUC world is an excellent app, and I use it a lot for my MSX.
But not for my other wheels, this is because I find it too time consuming to change all settings to fit the different wheels. 
So my suggestion to improve the app even more would be a way to "bookmark" all settings, or could this be done in an other way?

What version are you using and what settings you need to change for your wheels?

6 hours ago, tvw3 said:

Because of limited time, I focus on EUC World development and there is little time I can spare on wheellogviewer.net. In future, wheellogviewer.net functionality will be implemented as a part of EUC World. Send me CSV file that causes this problem to sebastian@euc.world, I'll try to check why it doesn't open.

4 hours ago, MadInMad said:

If you use the current version on the Play Store, all alarms (speed, current, temp.) are wheel-dependent and are saved (remember the wheel has to be connected when you set them) ;)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, travsformation said:

If you use the current version on the Play Store, all alarms (speed, current, temp.) are wheel-dependent and are saved (remember the wheel has to be connected when you set them) ;)

OK, nice! I didn't know that. Now I will use the app much more! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, tvw3 said:

@Seba Maybe a stupid question but how do I send you a .csv file? I don't see any such option.

See below... :whistling:  ;)

13 hours ago, Seba said:
19 hours ago, tvw3 said:

Because of limited time, I focus on EUC World development and there is little time I can spare on wheellogviewer.net. In future, wheellogviewer.net functionality will be implemented as a part of EUC World. Send me CSV file that causes this problem to sebastian@euc.world, I'll try to check why it doesn't open.

Edited by travsformation

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Hi @palachzzz :) Latest GPL-ed EUC World source can be found at https://github.com/slastowski/EucWorld. Due to the terms of the agreement with King Song, the introduction of full support for King Song's unicycles required a license change and since then EUC World is no longer an open source application. The vast majority of WheelLog code has been rewritten, the remaining code fragments are used under an individual license granted to me by Kevin Cooper (the original creator of WheelLog) and @Jason McNeil (apparently a copyright owner).

Anyway, I wrote about all this in detail to you in an email sent on 27 December 2019. I didn't receive any response from you, but judging by your question today and bearing in mind that it was the Christmas and New Year's Eve period, I assume that you probably didn't noticed this email in your mailbox.

hm.. so you just changed license without waiting response from all contributors? 

4 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

hm.. so you just changed license without waiting response from all contributors? 

No, I waited for your response for over 3 weeks, meantime removing parts that according to my knowledge was contributed by you. But if you think your rights may have been violated, please send me information about the code to which you own copyrights. If they are still in the EUC World code, they will be removed ASAP.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Latest GPL-ed EUC World source can be found at https://github.com/slastowski/EucWorld.

The project does not seem to exist anymore :confused1:

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Due to the terms of the agreement with King Song, the introduction of full support for King Song's unicycles required a license change and since then EUC World is no longer an open source application.

Not that I have contributed to this awesome project (sadly) but as a huge fan of Open Source this decision saddens me.

Any chance for releasing as Open Source parts of the project without the proprietary KS code? It will be easier to automate this process now with CI/CD rather than later if you change your mind. I think it's too early to close the doors to the community, plz think about it :)

Edited by euccommuter
grammar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, euccommuter said:

Any chance you can release as Open Source parts of the project without the proprietary KS code?

No way, only split it to another App, or ask KingSong to change their mind

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I'm sorry that you regret your decision to support EUC World. I will be happy to return your donation. Just give me your email in a private message and I will return entire amount of your donation thru PayPal.

Sorry I meant coding contribution. I'm more than happy for having donated to this project ;)

1 hour ago, Seba said:

open source doesn't work for such niche applications

I agree that one man's job in niche development is always prone to abandonment, but the thing is that Open Source gives the chance to anybody to continue working on somebody else's forgotten project. Also you give a chance to code wanderers to help lonely wolves :)

1 hour ago, Seba said:

commercial DarknessBot is actively developed and maintained

Well, in all fairness Darkness Production is a company that develops apps, but even if you plan to create your own company (random idea) you can still create Open Source apps.

1 hour ago, Seba said:

WheelLog and EUC World was always meant to be universal and not related to any particular wheel make. I don't see the point in removing any support that is already implemented

Good to know. I was asking because I don't know what was the agreement with KS, but thought of the possibility for them to want a KS only EUC World to hurt the other brands.

• Like 3