KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, Marty Backe said:

This is unfortunate. Believe it or not, there are many Gotway users who charge their wheels (while eating lunch / resting / etc) while turned so that the wheel won't rotate and fall.

This is a feature, not a bug. But I guess KingSong considers it a bug. I wonder if anyone at KingSong knows that it can be advantageous to keep balancing while charging?

Maybe as the KingSong Guy you could pass is along???

I guess you understood me wrong...

Eddie said that the KS16X turned itself ON when he plugs the charger in....from itself. This will be corrected.

Sure you by yourself can power on the Wheel, then plug in the charger and have it holetime balanced…..if you want

But i really hear this firsttime.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, Adel said:

@US69 I don't want the wheel to automatically turn on when charging for safety issues.  If somebody wants that feature, all they have to do is turn on the wheel themselves.

Yes, and thats exactly how it will be…..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

Sure you by yourself can power on the Wheel, then plug in the charger and have it holetime balanced…..if you want

I’m pretty sure my 16S stops balancing when charger is connected, so this would be a new feature.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m pretty sure my 16S stops balancing when charger is connected, so this would be a new feature.

Nope, you are only partial right......you can not power on the Wheel for  balancing when you first plug in the charger into the powered of wheel (and thats only since S series, before it could power on all time on older models).

But when you have your Wheel powered on....and THEN plug in the charger, it stays balanced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, US69 said:

Nope, you are only partial right......you can not power on the Wheel for  balancing when you first plug in the charger into the powered of wheel (and thats only since S series, before it could power on all time on older models).

But when you have your Wheel powered on....and THEN plug in the charger, it stays balanced.

But to be honest...charging and the same time balancing is a bad idea….because of different "charge modes" of the BMS and the board!

Would Need a while to explain…..

1 hour ago, US69 said:

KingSong wants to deliver a flawless 16X to it's customers, so the extra time added might be annoying...but in the end this is all for our own best!

Despite I would love to have a wheel for my holiday, I truly appreciate that Kingsong choose to make 1st batch as perfect as possible and taking the adult decision to not release baby problems on a new serie. 

Hats off and thank you. 😁👌👍

• Like 2

I just received an email updated from Ewheels confirming a 3 week delay in production to update the controller with more mosfets. Looks like we are looking at mid to late August for deliveries in the US :( Guess I'll wrap up my Esk8 and ride that for the time being...

20190620_224600.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I just received an email updated from Ewheels confirming a 3 week delay in production to update the controller with more mosfets

Yeah, i talk About it 3-4 Posts above….

2 hours ago, US69 said:

I guess you understood me wrong...

Eddie said that the KS16X turned itself ON when he plugs the charger in....from itself. This will be corrected.

But i really hear this firsttime.

Yes, and thats exactly how it will be…..

Yeah, this was already resolved last week :)

12 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

unnamed.png.62bcaa2ff873178242166e08624e2337.png

where did you find this?

2 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

I think it's awesome that they are switching to the CST tire, so smooth!

Agreed! They are really taking the input from the community and making the improvements. I know it sucks to have a 3 week delay, but good to know that the reliability and experience will be greatly improved as a result!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

What is CST tires?

CST is a manufacturer, and KingSong is likely switching back to the C-1488 model that was seen in an early prototype. And which is equipped in Gotway Nikola as well. And Msuper V3 before that.

c-1488-b-cst.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, US69 said:

The reason for this delay is in the massive Feedback, received from the test of the pre-production models and asking for some changes!

KingSong wants to deliver a flawless 16X to it's customers, so the extra time added might be annoying...but in the end this is all for our own best!

This is the very best information I have ever seen from an EUC maker. Exactly the kind of principle I want in a company producing potentially dangerous $2k+ machines!

My feedback (admittedly i have no skin in the game yet, but if I did!) is take the time to get it right! Every wheel seems to have bad flaw for a while (except the legendary MSX:wub:). Let's get it right KS!:clap3:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Adel said:

This is exactly the kind of reassuring information (wherever its source) that Kingsong should be publishing far and wide to keep potential shoppers from bailing out on the KS16X. 

I do not agree to this. I think in general you like to be as open as possible but many choices are a matter of opinion. Being too open will easily cause confusion as you will see thing swing back and forth to find perfect balance. 

Every time you make a change like the tyre or looks you risk loosing customer as well as gaining.  But until you have a finished product people in the wide public will only be guessing. 

As a bad example I think 9B Z10 releasing teaser info and taking 1.5 to finish it.