Los Angeles, Ca. Ciclavia this Sunday, September 30, 2018 9am-4pm

YoshiSkySun

On Sunday, September 30th, CicLAvia is partnering with the LA Phil and Community Arts Resources (CARS) and cleaning the roadways between Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood, transforming them into a auto-free zone where you can walk, run, skate, scoot, bike, and wander however you like! Six hubs also along the route will feature art, food trucks, screen printing, kid-friendly fun, and dancing, as well as live music from LA’s best musicians. Think of it as an eight-mile free space saved just for you - do with it what you will!

00CBADF9-C3A0-4BE8-921D-70B67D57DFDE.png

Thanks for the heads up! Starting along a metro line would probably be best as navigating in via car may be a challenge. I would suggest meeting around Hollywood/Highland Metro station. Perhaps by the Loews Hotel on Highland. A block away from the start point. It's a cool ride to downtown from there. (slightly downhill) and then come back, or eat downtown and charge up, then go back. I'm not even sure if I can go yet, as I may be working that day. If I don't have work, I'll totally be down! 

Not even sure what time this is. Will wait for more from @YoshiSkySun. I'm thinking of maybe parking at Griffith Park, ride the ~2-miles to Ciclavia for the festivities and then tote around Griffith Park afterwards.

Preferably, I’d like to join the festivities around noonish. I will be parking my vehicle at our Buddhist temple on Beverly and Union, it’s about a mile from the MacArthur Park hub and @Marty Backe you’re more than welcome to leave your vehicle in our underground parking structure. You have my number, so drop me a message and we can coordinate and link up. See you this Sunday! 

I unfortunately won't be able to make this event as I'll be out of town. I've looked up and considered eRiding CicLAvia events in the past, I thought I read you need to ride a "people powered" vehicle. I'm not discouraging this event, I'm actually encouraging it as someone needs to test the waters. Please let us know how it goes.

22 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I unfortunately won't be able to make this event as I'll be out of town. I've looked up and considered eRiding CicLAvia events in the past, I thought I read you need to ride a "people powered" vehicle. I'm not discouraging this event, I'm actually encouraging it as someone needs to test the waters. Please let us know how it goes.

@YoshiSkySun has gone to previous events. Apparenty EUCs are a non-issue. 

On 9/24/2018 at 2:21 PM, Rama Douglas said:

Thanks for the heads up! Starting along a metro line would probably be best as navigating in via car may be a challenge. I would suggest meeting around Hollywood/Highland Metro station. Perhaps by the Loews Hotel on Highland. A block away from the start point. It's a cool ride to downtown from there. (slightly downhill) and then come back, or eat downtown and charge up, then go back. I'm not even sure if I can go yet, as I may be working that day. If I don't have work, I'll totally be down! 

Would a Monster fit on a Metro?

17 minutes ago, n2eus said:

Would a Monster fit on a Metro?

I wouldn't want to try on a busy weekday, but I can't imagine the weekend would be a problem.

My plan is still to park at Griffith and ride the two miles there. Afterwards, return to Griffith and take a little ride around the park.

On second thought, let’s all meet at the Grand Hub around 11:00am and depart at 11:30am. In addition, there will be a free concert at the end of the event at the Hollywood Bowl, where Gustavo Dudamel will lead the Los Angeles Philharmonic and welcome very special guests - including Katy Perry, Herbie Hancock, Kali Uchis, and more to the Bowl stage.

3 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

On second thought, let’s all meet at the Grand Hub around 11:00am and depart at 11:30am. In addition, there will be a free concert at the end of the event at the Hollywood Bowl, where Gustavo Dudamel will lead the Los Angeles Philharmonic and welcome very special guests - including Katy Perry, Herbie Hancock, Kali Uchis, and more to the Bowl stage.

Likewise!

Archived