THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 2/8/2020 at 3:51 AM, Rehab1 said:

My wife is having spine surgery on the 19th.

@Rehab1 Sorry to hear about your wife's surgery.  My wife and I will keep you both in our thoughts.  After my wife was on her feet again my slow EUC complemented her recovery pace quite well. I was able to practice with toys (insta360) and keep myself amused. Plus I could communicate and stay present if she needed me.  With a faster wheel or bike it would be more difficult to maintain her reduced pace, or I could unintentionally push her to go faster.  I keep telling my wife, "right now your only job is to heal".  

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 6:57 PM, Creative Nomad said:

Would be great for you to have a look and let me know your thoughts :)

Hi @Creative Nomad, Wow I can only imagine how much time and effort you put into that video!  Wonderful sound, and you have a lovely narrators voice. Loved the unpacking and really all your clips were well directed and enforced the narrative.  Quite professional. 

I agree with you on the steep learning curve, however I think the biggest adoption barrier in the US is lack of brand recognition and nearly zero brick and motor presence. Ewheels and a few others do an amazing job; however most in the US would be very weary of spending that kind of money on aliexpress or really an overseas seller. Especially without any service followup or warranty. Stories of "dead on arrival" haunt ECUs here.   

My only critique, would be: consider wearing some safety gear in your videos.  Part of your narrative is that of a new person coming to enjoy these vehicles, now your obviously quite comfortable and skilled.  I would never tell anyone how they should ride, hey its your head, but if you are trying to build an audience, especially of novice or future riders. Encouraging them to be safe through example isn't bad.  Can wait to see more of your videos!     

4 hours ago, Wazi Bat said:

@Rehab1 Sorry to hear about your wife's surgery.  My wife and I will keep you both in our thoughts.

Thank you kindly. 

4 hours ago, Wazi Bat said:

After my wife was on her feet again my slow EUC complemented her recovery pace quite

That’s awesome! Maybe in a month or so treat yourself to a faster wheel. Tell your wife it will enhance her therapeutic outcome and that  Rehab1 approves it. ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pico said:

Cool moments!

I couldn't hear any comments :confused1: What were you hearing?

Hey, so what was involved in getting your wheel there?

@Marty Backe   No comments really, I was just lip commenting, and just shaking it..:smartass:

Well, I ended up buying on Mercado Libre (The equivalent of ebay in Mexico) a used (700Km) Ninebot S2.

I was lucky that the transaction turned out OK. The wheel is in perfect condition (except for the usual cosmetics).

It turns out the wheel is perfect for my type of riding. It will stay in Mexico at a friend's home.

The two batteries charge to within 3 millivolts of each other ( as per the ninebot app), sign of healthy batteries .

Edited by pico
e
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, pico said:

@Marty Backe   No comments really, I was just lip commenting, and just shaking it..:smartass:

Well, I ended up buying on Mercado Libre (The equivalent of ebay in Mexico) a used (700Km) Ninebot S2.

I was lucky that the transaction turned out OK. The wheel is in perfect condition (except for the usual cosmetics).

It turns out the wheel is perfect for my type of riding. It will stay in Mexico at a friend's home.

The two batteries charge to within 3 millivolts of each other ( as per the ninebot app), sign of healthy batteries .

Ah. I do think this is probably the best option for traveling. Try and buy a used wheel at your destination. It adds to the expense of traveling, but hey, a small price to pay for our addiction :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

It might be worth experimenting with Google Earth tours (created from your gpx files), they'll give you more control and yield higher quality "footage".

This is a really good point. I've played with those before. The Google Earth interface is quirky to work with and takes time to get what you want out of it. You almost need a better tool. The Relive output is tempting to use because it's simple and done for you from the App. But the free version quality is too low to even use in an HD video. As it is, the video I'm using is the "Upgraded" paid version and I agree that the quality is lacking in my opinion. So I'll see if I can find something better at some point, but for now it's the best I can get that is quick and easy. As it is, the post processing takes more time than I'd like. I'm also going to put out a 360 video where you can spin the viewpoint around where ever you want throughout the whole ride. It's not a tiny planet format, but it puts the viewer in control of the scene. The only problem is that you can't mix in regular 2D video with the 360. It's all one or the other and in general, I think viewers prefer the simple 2D (reframed video) approach.

Thank you for your suggestions and the good words!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

If you've ever been hiking at Torrey Pines cliffs, it's a beautiful spot adjacent to the Torrey Pines Golf Course. It's about 25 miles and the last section is all trail so it takes at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours to complete the loop. Overall a great tour. According to @Flyboy10 our San Diego EUC Group will be trying out a slightly different version of this route with some minor improvements within a few months. Maybe some of those from the LA (@Marty Backe) or Orange County groups can come on down for an epic ride! 

I want to do this ride :thumbup:

• Like 1