THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

10 hours ago, ED209 said:

Not sure if this has been posted, @RoberAce I couldn't resist. 

EUC 1st ever Grand Prix! 😍

Video Credit: @RoberAce

Haha, nice. Just need some MotoGP graphic overlays so we can figure out who's in the lead.

Those Z10s look like bit of a handful around a tight technical track.

• Like 1

Went for a 50km cruise today. First time exploring Ekerö which is a bit northwest of where I live. I usually stick to the south because there are less people/cyclists.

8x speed up. Kept my speed under 35km/h. I was wearing knee guards today. They matched my jacket. :efefa07c43:

Can you guess the music I was listening to?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

First Group ride, it was a blast :)

Beautiful ride and nice gathering!  The most people I’ve rode with is 2. .... @Michael Vu and his female friend. Great time. So boring riding by myself. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Beautiful ride and nice gathering!  The most people I’ve rode with is 2. .... @Michael Vu and his female friend. Great time. So boring riding by myself. 

I made a wanted ad on ebay and these people replied to it, we are from different towns about 25-30 miles away.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I made a wanted ad on ebay and these people replied to it, we are from different towns about 25-30 miles away.

Sounds like a plan. I’ll  try by posting an ad here.

Who rides EUCs near Toledo, Ohio? Please PM me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoberAce said:

This is a perfect video that shows the possible consequences of a Death Wobble. What do you think @Rama Douglas

By the way, I hope your Ass is OK :P

Edited by Marty Backe

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is a perfect video that shows the possible consequences of a Death Wobble. What do you think @Rama Douglas

By the way, I hope you Ass is OK :P

What I think is that it looks pretty much exactly what happened with the wheel on my 22mph DW. I still chalk it up to being waaaay too fatigued in the leg muscles to be able to control the wheel. (In my case) Also, my shoes were not flat and the heels had a convex area for that section of sole. I have since changed to flat bottomed shoes, and have not been able to replicate the death wobble. 😁 I have hit 29, possibly 31 on it. (Not sure I trust the 31 reading on my speedometer. Once it told me I hit 34 mph, of which the wheel is incapable). Either way, more comfortable at speed with my flat shoes, but still mostly cruise 18-22...

As far as what I think of this guy's fall, I am happy I bailed on my pads and slid out, rather than a butt-check. He may need to see a Chiro! Death wobbles are no fun! 😬

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I was out practicing muscle-ups, handstands and one legged riding and met a couple of people from northern Sweden.
Apparently they do a lot of skiing. So I asked the guy if he wanted to try my Ninebot.
It took him around 5 minutes to get the hang of it.

Wow. I hate guys like that :D

• Like 3

I've only had one death wobble scenario going at a measly 16 mph, but was able to get out of it by going into a slalom motion and crouching.

Mine was caused by a slightly misshapen tire I believe, since I can't seem to pin point any other reason (this possible tire deformity is why I'm still wary of hitting top speeds).

So is the consensus here that that Z10 wobble was the rider's fault or the wheel's fault? He didn't look like he did anything wrong....

11 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha yeah that was crazy. Now I have to compensate somehow or I will not be able to rest. :roflmao:

You need to learn to ride backwards, because no matter how good some guys are at learning to ride, you can always put them to shame by saying, "not bad, but can you do this?"  :lol:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

I've only had one death wobble scenario going at a measly 16 mph, but was able to get out of it by going into a slalom motion and crouching.

Mine was caused by a slightly misshapen tire I believe, since I can't seem to pin point any other reason (this possible tire deformity is why I'm still wary of hitting top speeds).

So is the consensus here that that Z10 wobble was the rider's fault or the wheel's fault? He didn't look like he did anything wrong....

Wobbles are never the "fault" of the wheel, like there's some design issue. It's a confluence of the wheel ride characteristics, wind, road conditions, body stance, muscle fatigue, and a bit of luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Here is a review of the Original EUC Bodyguard from roll.nz aka @The Fat Unicyclist

Nice review :thumbup:

I wonder if most people are removing it as much as you do. I would probably put it on and leave it. And if I did that, I would remove the mudguard and install it on top of the the cover. That would resolve all of the alignment issues. But clearly that solution won't work for you.

You probably should post this in the Reviews section of the Forum

On 3/30/2019 at 8:18 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

Can you guess the music I was listening to?

How did you edit out all the snow and ice? 😉

Some do think they never end up in an accident. Now I feel it is just a matter of time.

So this Friday it happend to me...again you might say. 

End of the day any speed above 20kmh I can only recommend to gear up.

My protection is what shaved my shoulder, hip and wrist. 

So this picture is just a reminder of what can happen....fast.

20190330_032546.thumb.jpg.1e97fbd7f8319656c12059a29fccd939.jpg

Oncommig skater made huge S curves so I tried to avoid him. Missing that I can too close to the curb. I believe my pedal scraped the top.20190330_123127.thumb.jpg.1b1f682caf86e9a39e3142d7681238d5.jpg

That was the result when I rode in to E&A, and how it should look like after 6h30m at hospital E&A and put to speel in theater while relocating it back to right place.

I hope you keep having nice rides.

I can on highly recommend to gear up at those speeds. Should something happen that looks a bit remote to might be some time before someone come across you to assist.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 2:15 PM, RoberAce said:

I guess some are making good money selling cushions right now.

Imho EUCs are not really build to race. So did the Z10 survive? 

Edited by Unventor

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow. I hate guys like that :D

I thought you were a nice guy 😉 

• Like 1