THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 hours ago, Demargon said:

Third demonstration in Madrid, Spain, asking that portable electric mobility not been prohibited.

Important work, it's embarrassing how legislation are trying to demonize self-sufficient efficient and clean energy. We'll have to wait for the older ignorant generations to die off or get out of office before we see smarter decisions on transportation laws.

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Rehab1

Have you ever tried playing with color correction? Here is a two step correction with DaVinci Resolve. Step one is to increase the blackness and step two was to decrease the whiteness a bit. It's easier to mess up the color than to correct it but with some basic corrections and some color LUTs you can achieve some interesting effects. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@Rehab1

Have you ever tried playing with color correction? Here is a two step correction with DaVinci Resolve. Step one is to increase the blackness and step two was to decrease the whiteness a bit. It's easier to mess up the color than to correct it but with some basic corrections and some color LUTs you can achieve some interesting effects. 

Yes I have used color correction but in this case the video was was sliced into 20+ individual segments with various levels of sun and shade over a 2 hour span. Attempting to obtain enhanced color continuity throughout the entire video may prove difficult but I will keep it in mind. Thanks. 

I was just happy the drone followed me so well. I do need to record the drone trailing me using the Insta 360 OneX. The Skydio R1 is an amazing piece of technology. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

just happy the drone followed me so well

You picked a great place for Skydio. 

55 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

enhanced color continuity

I'm a little daunted by the DaVinci Resolve color grading interface.

PowerDirector16 has a color match feature where you pick a reference clip to match the color.

DaVinci Resolve allows a color graded clip (corrections) to be exported as a LUT which can be applied to other clips in one step using the color node interface.

Adobe users probably have similar options or better.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

record the drone trailing me using the Insta 360 OneX.

Cool idea....

Nice Skydio video!

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
58 minutes ago, stephen said:

Just a little vid of me and @Juggler in Blackpool edited on phone so its quickly done , i decided to take my z10 with my as i have a 6amp charger so if i stop i can give it a boost, i never needed to really it last all day just doodling about on the flat up and down the prom 

I should of wore a helmet now cause i burnt my head 😀 , safety gear minimal cause just doodling, @Juggler always rides with his hands in pockets always has ,it would scare me. 

2 days left in Blackpool I'll try get some decent footage and edit it on ipad when home

It's really shame on me I have to wait a year to join you guys  :)

Lol :)

Nice riding guys, so the weather :)

Edited by PogArt Artur

8 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

I should of wore a helmet now cause i burnt my head 😀 , safety gear minimal cause just doodling

Looks like fun! A sun burnt head sucks but doesn’t it feel great riding slow without all of the gear? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Looks like fun! A sun burnt head sucks but doesn’t it feel great riding slow without all of the gear? 

Head gear is very important, that's why I always wear.......a baseball cap.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Real men can wear pink. ;) 

1532630450643.thumb.jpg.89ad686cfa3b170eda1c0f1e23c11e9d.jpg

There you go.....👛👚

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 10:46 PM, Marty Backe said:

I have to say that now I really want to buy this wheel. But I'm married, so you know where this is going. I have four really nice wheels, none of which I would want to swap for the GT16. So somehow I have to subtly purchase it without making her think that I've lost my mind :unsure:  Does anyone really need 5 very nice wheels (I'm looking at you @captainwells)?

Marty's wheels

Oh, the irony!  Right back at you, @Marty Backe!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captainwells said:

Marty's wheels

Oh, the irony!  Right back at you, @Marty Backe!

:roflmao:

Wow, a blast from the past. I really need to watch what I write :unsure:

I certainly did not know that I was going to turn into you :D

Edited by Marty Backe

My Xiaomi Mi Sphere 360 camera arrived yesterday, so I popped outside to give it a try.  I put it on my (up to 8m) selfie stick, or as I call it my PMD (Poor Man's Drone)  The PMD was not at 8m, in this vid. probably no more than 5m (16ft).  I just wanted to see what it was like, from production to post production, to publishing. I did no color correction or enhancing, just enough to get it to work.  Here's one of several 10 sec vids. I took riding around the drive.  It's crappy I know, so don't feel pressured to give me a sympathy up vote. The next time I post, it will be better.  This was just a proof of concept with my aging support technology, lap top, phone, etc.

It's a 360 video, so move the view around as you see fit, with your mouse, or track pad, or rotate your phone/tablet.  

I have no idea where the line in the sky came from. Also, the stitch line is horrible.  Still, it's a start.

EDIT, line in the sky seems to have disappeared, and the stitch line is hard to find too, now.  Do YouTube videos repair themselves?

Edited by Smoother

OK so I said the next one would be better, and this one is, a bit.  I uploaded this first to youtube and it came out as an "equirectangular" file (flattened out) So I looked up how to fix it and I was told I had to inject 360 metadata, which I did to the one next one, which I posted above.  But when I went back to my youtube channel, all of a sudden the original (uninjected) file was suddenly 360 too.  Note, no weird line in the sky.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

My Xiaomi Mi Sphere 360 camera arrived yesterday, so I popped outside to give it a try.  I put it on my (up to 8m) selfie stick, or as I call it my PMD (Poor Man's Drone)  The PMD was not at 8m, in this vid. probably no more than 5m (16ft).  I just wanted to see what it was like, from production to post production, to publishing. I did no color correction or enhancing, just enough to get it to work.  Here's one of several 10 sec vids. I took riding around the drive.  It's crappy I know, so don't feel pressured to give me a sympathy up vote. The next time I post, it will be better.  This was just a proof of concept with my aging support technology, lap top, phone, etc.

It's a 360 video, so move the view around as you see fit, with your mouse, or track pad, or rotate your phone/tablet.  

I have no idea where the line in the sky came from. Also, the stitch line is horrible.  Still, it's a start.

You literally have a 8-meter selfie stick? Link please :efefd0f676:

Even 5-meters is hard to believe. I guess it could only be used an absolute vertical orientation. Interesting for a short snippet, but too bendy and long for any practical uses.

Or am I missing something?

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You literally have a 8-meter selfie stick? Link please :efefd0f676:

Even 5-meters is hard to believe. I guess it could only be used an absolute vertical orientation. Interesting for a short snippet, but too bendy and long for any practical uses.

Or am I missing something?

it's actually a flag pole of sorts, a wind sock pole.  The last few sections are quite thick (2"dia) so a bit tricky to hold.  But I can leave sections behind as I see fit.  So I can go out with an "up to" 10' pole for Marty style vids, or if I want the PMD (poor Man's Drone) effect I can add more sections.  Leaving the thickest and thinnest sections behind seems ideal.  I jamb a selfie stick in the open end of the thinest pole I am using and secure it with a bit of electrical tape.  I might try and improve the attachment method, down the road. It's all very experimental right now.  First task is to get my production skills up to speed, which includes learning 360 video and the camera itself. The reason the vids are only 10sec. is that between each video or two I would extend the pole out another section, to see the difference in the video it shot.  I did learn one thing; watch out for trees! I can also use it for it's original purpose (wind sock) for when I take up paragliding again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TELESCOPIC-FLAG-POLE-with-STORAGE-BAG-3m-to-10m-WINDSOCK-caravan-camping-beach/161944952863?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=460904040594&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

it's actually a flag pole of sorts, a wind sock pole.  The last few sections are quite thick (2"dia) so a bit tricky to hold.  But I can leave sections behind as I see fit.  So I can go out with an "up to" 10' pole for Marty style vids, or if I want the PMD (poor Man's Drone) effect I can add more sections.  Leaving the thickest and thinnest sections behind seems ideal.  I jamb a selfie stick in the open end of the thinest pole I am using and secure it with a bit of electrical tape.  I might try and improve the attachment method, down the road. It's all very experimental right now.  First task is to get my production skills up to speed, which includes learning 360 video and the camera itself. The reason the vids are only 10sec. is that between each video or two I would extend the pole out another section, to see the difference in the video it shot.  I did learn one thing; watch out for trees! I can also use it for it's original purpose (wind sock) for when I take up paragliding again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TELESCOPIC-FLAG-POLE-with-STORAGE-BAG-3m-to-10m-WINDSOCK-caravan-camping-beach/161944952863?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=460904040594&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And please look out for power lines, or don't they have those in England?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And please look out for power lines, or don't they have those in England?

That is a valid point, however, most of our powerlines are burried here in the UK (especially in town, but not out here in the country were I shot the test vids), and my pole is plastic of some sort, so non conductive.  I'll have to go see where my power lines are, now you mentioned it, if simply to protect the camera from unnecessary contact.

7 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

And low flying aircraft!

:roflmao: (posted before but so worth it. This place Duxford (avation) war museum is about 10 miles down the road from me)

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Smoother said:

That is a valid point, however, most of our powerlines are burried here in the UK (especially in town, but not out here in the country were I shot the test vids), and my pole is plastic of some sort, so non conductive.  I'll have to go see where my power lines are, now you mentioned it, if simply to protect the camera from unnecessary contact.

:roflmao: (posted before but so worth it. This place Duxford (avation) war museum is about 10 miles down the road from me)

Damn Gina!