THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You need to learn to ride backwards, because no matter how good some guys are at learning to ride, you can always put them to shame by saying, "not bad, but can you do this?"  :lol:

There is some truth to that for sure! It's almost like learning all over again...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

How did you edit out all the snow and ice? 😉

Some do think they never end up in an accident. Now I feel it is just a matter of time.

So this Friday it happend to me...again you might say. 

End of the day any speed above 20kmh I can only recommend to gear up.

My protection is what shaved my shoulder, hip and wrist. 

So this picture is just a reminder of what can happen....fast.

20190330_032546.thumb.jpg.1e97fbd7f8319656c12059a29fccd939.jpg

Oncommig skater made huge S curves so I tried to avoid him. Missing that I can too close to the curb. I believe my pedal scraped the top.20190330_123127.thumb.jpg.1b1f682caf86e9a39e3142d7681238d5.jpg

That was the result when I rode in to E&A, and how it should look like after 6h30m at hospital E&A and put to speel in theater while relocating it back to right place.

I hope you keep having nice rides.

I can on highly recommend to gear up at those speeds. Should something happen that looks a bit remote to might be some time before someone come across you to assist.

Wow. Somehow that looks more painful than the simple bone fracture that I experienced. I may have had a temporary dislocation though, based on the aftermath that I'm dealing with.

Hope your recovery goes smooth.

Yes, we are all at risk, even with safety gear. The gear improves are odds but doesn't eliminate the risk.

Somehow EUCs are worth all of this :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

How did you edit out all the snow and ice? 😉

Some do think they never end up in an accident. Now I feel it is just a matter of time.

So this Friday it happend to me...again you might say. 

End of the day any speed above 20kmh I can only recommend to gear up.

My protection is what shaved my shoulder, hip and wrist. 

So this picture is just a reminder of what can happen....fast.

Oncommig skater made huge S curves so I tried to avoid him. Missing that I can too close to the curb. I believe my pedal scraped the top.

That was the result when I rode in to E&A, and how it should look like after 6h30m at hospital E&A and put to speel in theater while relocating it back to right place.

I hope you keep having nice rides.

I can on highly recommend to gear up at those speeds. Should something happen that looks a bit remote to might be some time before someone come across you to assist.

Yeah we finally have good weather.

Falling is not a question of if but a question of when. Thank you for the friendly reminder regarding equipment.

When I was younger I took a lot of risks without knowing it. I biked everywhere without a helmet. I didn't even know you were supposed to have a helmet.
I skated a lot as well. In Spain I spent a lot of time on mopeds, no helmet. Went swimming in crazy waters. Dived off cliffs... never really thought about it.
Started inline skating in Sweden, no helmet. I bought a helmet in 2010 when I bought a mountainbike. Wore it a few times. Fell 3 times at low speed because of spd pedals.
Wore a helmet a few times electric skateboarding and when I started riding my Ninebot.

I did wear my fullface the other when I went exploring at Gladö. Ended up in a junkyard somewhere. Wrong turn you know. If there is a wrong turn I will take it.
It felt like a post apocalyptic world.

I busted my shoulder doing a one armed handstand. I got testicle cancer for no reason. Removed right testicle and 4 rounds of chemo. Phantom pain where my right nut used to be and sometimes pain in my left one. Life you know. I've spent the last 20 years trying to control everything around me to avoid/mitigate bad situations.

For now, riding helps me feel free. I am fine with the risk. It's a calculated one. I wonder if I will feel the same in shorts and a t-shirt though.

I have fallen off my Ninebot once. At 22km/h. I was riding on a shared walk/bike path. A guy drifted out towards me and pushed my Ninebot with his foot as I passed him.

Life.

It won't happen again.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, trya said:

Thompson Switch training. I finally graduated from the stage with the walking poles :)

Awesome work Trya! Curious...is that the wheel I sold you? If so do I get any credit ? ;)

Edited by Rehab1

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome work Trya! Curious...is that the wheel I sold you? If so do I get any credit ? ;)

Absolutely! This is the one, your magic super-wheel :) I'll try remembering to give you a credit when I learn the next trick on it :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trya said:

Absolutely! This is the one, your magic super-wheel :) I'll try remembering to give you a credit when I learn the next trick on it :)

Look real close on bottom of the pedal hanger and you’ll see my signature. :P

47511563001_1d14c72b72_b.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Look real close on bottom of the pedal hanger and you’ll see my signature

Haha, no need for that to identify it, your quality work is prominently visible with the GoPro holder attached to the front. The rails on the attachment I broke many months ago, but this piece of plastic is so perfectly glued that I can't take it off :)

Yea Hirsute is amazing, him and NonStopNeal had a major impact on showing me what these things were capable of from a maneuverability POV. I figured you could do some interesting things on a single wheel, but their stuff blew my mind.

Even though I don't really plan on learning anything beyond what would make a safer practical driver I have a lot of respect for the art, it's like a whole other tier of EUC usage.

Have there been any games of S-K-A-T-E on EUCs? Maybe a game of W-H-E-E-L? I could see that being fun to watch and participate in.

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

So did the Z10 survive? 

I am certain that Z10 survived without any issues. Mine has been to hell and back at this point. It might have it's faults for sure, but I'd bet anything it's the toughest EUC that can be bought as of this moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Today I'm going to try some careful one legged riding and backward riding on my MSX. Don't wanna scratch my baby. 

Have you guys seen Irina?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu01PZsBfW5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1k44u7izn2mhe

Oh yeah, she's been seen here. Irina is great. Damn, I can't remember her YouTube channel, but she has some great videos there. Also can't remember if she's a member - anyone know?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh yeah, she's been seen here. Irina is great. Damn, I can't remember her YouTube channel, but she has some great videos there. Also can't remember if she's a member - anyone know?

Her channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCScLS8abCMOlx_QxR0x2Vuw/videos

I did some practice on the MSX. It worked out. Before I couldn't even grasp it. Practicing on the Ninebot has paid off but I have yet a way to go.
Gotta start somewhere!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trya said:

she is not, but I can invite her since there are definitely many of her fans here :) 

Yes, she should definitely visit here periodically :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Here is today's practice on the MSX. In all it's unedited glory.
Sorry if there are ads in the clip. Youtube always detects and flags music and will usually force ads because of that.

Good that you are practicing reverse mounts :thumbup:

Smile more for the camera :D

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 8:38 PM, trya said:

Thompson Switch training. I finally graduated from the stage with the walking poles :)

Super nice to see your footwork, In those figures the V5F does not tolerate even 1/2 inch of misplacement... :)      Sign of the times @Marty Backe  is considering tricks, just as I just acquired my first medium range wheel :whistling:

Edited by pico
corr
  • Like 3