THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, johrhoj said:

I just uploaded the most boring video of a nice trip i made of 60 km in the middle of the Netherlands.

It is my first video ever, with my new gopro camera

I plan to make more video's but need to buy a gimbal first. The video is too shaky. I just put a lot of scenes from the trip behind one another, because i cannot properly edit video's yet. In some posts i referred to my trips, well this is one of them ...

The beauty of riding in The Netherlands the the endless bicycle paths ... we have over 30.000 km of bicycle paths. 

btw, i totally understand it when you do not reach the end of this video :) 

I am pretty certain you have the first video here with a horse and buggy in it! :D I was afraid the EUC might scare the horse.

Those bicycle paths in the countryside are so smooth, you don't have to worry about potholes and can enjoy the scenery.

I know what you mean about getting a gimbal for the shaky video, just like every hobby it starts out cheap and then you "need" all the expensive extras.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, dmethvin said:

I am pretty certain you have the first video here with a horse and buggy in it! :D I was afraid the EUC might scare the horse.

I'm meeting horses regularly on my leisure rides, both Police patrols as well as "civilian" riders and never had a single one even blink while passing them. Granted I always slow down just to be on the safe side and they're also used to all the bicyclist around too but it might be different elsewhere.

Edited by HEC
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Hey is that a Ninebot S2?  How you liking it with the 14" tire?  Is it much lighter to carry as compared to the Ninebot One E/P?

Yes i't the S2 !  I am loving the 14" ! It's very agile and allows you to make very sharp turns. It is about 3 kilograms lighter than the E/P but what really makes the difference in terms of carrying it is the fact that the handle is much better. It's covered with soft rubber and the weight of the unit is evenly distributed when you lift it up. Another cool feature is that when you lift the wheel the motor cuts off and the wheel stops spinning and when you put it back down it starts again. It's a feature that you can disable using the app but I find it quite useful. The only drawback is that the 14" wheel is not the best for riding off roads. Anyway I will try to put together a video review soon. 

Edited by Moltimondi

All the videos are here so I might as well place mine here :)

I especially invited my nephew and his gopro to come and film me but I don't  really like the picture quality and the fish aye effect. I guess a cell phone video might be better. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Reivax said:

Still, a bit more than 100 people showed up, which was pretty nice (HD available) :

That is awesome! Even at "only" 100 people it would have been fantastic. 

Coming from an area where a group ride is 2-5 people (max), I have to say I'm just a little envious. 

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Another video of the same meet up.

Nice ! One can't compete with a feiyu stabilized image... I had to send mine (a GW) back to Amazon just the day before, because the Xiaomi Yi won't fit in its cradle :(
And then, I mostly used my Samsung S6 for my video.

19 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

How long does your inside leg have to be to ride this? 

Ha ha - worst case you can always wear a really high heels :D

If the wheel is 26" then it would be about 28 - 30" at least by rough estimate from the picture.

Edited by HEC

That could be a very dangerous EUC to ride since the wheel is exposed and has large openings between thin wheel spokes. It's basically a 26-inch rotary slicer with a powerful motor and battery.

Edited by dmethvin
  • Upvote 3