THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Gotway is I almost always performance in extreme conditions.
Depending on the terrain it runs out of the maximum speed or torque.
I would need much more torque, that I can go faster in difficult terrain.
I could do a lot of things differently if, for example, would have more torque.

2 minutes ago, Polpus said:

what's the maximum speed you reached ?

From what I know, the "V"-model of Gotway MSuper 2 HS actually has custom firmware made by Gotway for Vee (EUC Extreme) specifically, and has higher top speed than the "standard" HS and won't shutdown on extreme sideways tilts, plus he rides with high discharge LiPo-packs, not standard 18650-packs... He has told me the numbers, and I'm pretty sure it's the fastest wheel on the planet currently, but I'll let him tell them himself, if he wishes to  ;) 

Flat road lipo battery lasts the same amount as 18650.
The terrain is a different matter when the lipo is able to give more power when it is needed.
In practice, I will drive 8 km on a single charge. If I drive really drastically.
I forgot to mention that I switched the motor wires 10AWG wires. Thus I can get all possible power use.

• Upvote 3

On 5/30/2016 at 8:26 AM, dpong said:

And now for something completely different.  These are my first attempts after more than a 40 year hiatus.  Raw, unedited, mostly boring.  The cross-over between EUC and Pogo is balance and core strength.  The pogo, however, also involves cardio.  Between the two, one has a great workout. 

@dpongIs that a Monty Python reference? That looks like a good workout.  After practicing a while it looked you would get into a zone where you kept balance longer, like your muscle memory was coming back.  Where did you get that large of a pogostick?  And it does look like the balance part is similar to one wheel riding.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

Gotway is I almost always performance in extreme conditions.
Depending on the terrain it runs out of the maximum speed or torque.
I would need much more torque, that I can go faster in difficult terrain.
I could do a lot of things differently if, for example, would have more torque.

Maybe Gotway can give more torque like they did with the lean angle.  Maybe they could rewind the wires in the motor or change the firmware to give High Speed/High Torque at the same time.  @esaj is this possible?  Or would it need a new motor or bigger batteries?

On 5/30/2016 at 9:26 AM, dpong said:

And now for something completely different.  These are my first attempts after more than a 40 year hiatus.  Raw, unedited, mostly boring.  The cross-over between EUC and Pogo is balance and core strength.  The pogo, however, also involves cardio.  Between the two, one has a great workout. 

The right train of thought. Need something one level up

Edited by OneWheel
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Maybe Gotway can give more torque like they did with the lean angle.  Maybe they could rewind the wires in the motor or change the firmware to give High Speed/High Torque at the same time.  @esaj is this possible?  Or would it need a new motor or bigger batteries?

The torque/speed-"ratio" can be changed by changing the winding (more / less rounds). If the discharge current from the batteries is the limiting factor, adding more batteries in parallel should give more torque. Another way I know to add torque/speed would be by "overvolting" the motor, but that might be a bad idea (the mainboard, mosfets or the motor might break). Some e-bike -hobbyists have successfully overvolted the motors on their bikes, but I wouldn't suggest trying it still ;)  I think Vee tried at one point to use higher voltage batteries (72V nominal or something like that?), but the wheel wouldn't turn on or engage the motor (don't remember which), so probably there is some protection for that (at least in Gotway). Both the speed (higher voltage) and torque (higher current due to larger voltage difference between batteries & motor back-EMF) should go up though.

• Upvote 1

Increase speed and torque has been attempted. And it has also been obtained. In particular torque.
But I would like to at least double the torque and speed.
The current motor and a printed circuit board that is not possible.
But change for the better has taken place a lot.

In comparison, I can tell you that the GR16 Rockwheel I've had a minor operation, and I pushed it mostly indoors.
Now, however, I decided to try it on the field.
First, it was a decent BMS-tasking obstacle to me.
Now that it has been passed, Rockwheel broke ground after 5 minutes of driving :):D

Rockwheel continuously better to leave the place. But the low speed reached Gotway V-speed power is much higher.

I thought back to the Rockwheel is the best ever torque. But it was good to try out and compare.
I do not know what there broke. Need to open it. But suddenly it broke and fell.
Now it behaves aggressively startup.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Planetpapi said:

Did someone added a front wheel to the EUC? Why?

Yeah, I don't get this one either.  There are so many other options for two wheels are are better designed, in my opinion.  Sondors for instance.

On June 1, 2016 at 6:45 PM, steve454 said:

@dpongIs that a Monty Python reference? 

Why of course!

On June 1, 2016 at 6:45 PM, steve454 said:

@dpongWhere did you get that large of a pogostick?  And it does look like the balance part is similar to one wheel riding.

That is a Super Pogo by flybar (flybar.com).  After I made that video I discovered that the pogo stick is actually way too big for me.  Some of my discomfort in the video is from the darned thing punching me in the stomach over and over again.   It is important that a pogo stick fall below your waist when standing on it because you need to lean over the top of it a little.  I have short legs and that pogo stick is for someone 6 foot tall or taller.  A bad choice for me.  I researched a different model. 

Edited by dpong

On June 1, 2016 at 7:09 PM, OneWheel said:

The right train of thought. Need something one level up

How about this?  I have ordered one and it should arrive this coming Monday. 

I don't expect I will be jumping like this, but jeez louise!

Here is how normal people, even children, are able to use this thing.  Forgive me if I think it is even more hard-core than the bionic feet!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, dpong said:

How about this?  I have ordered one and it should arrive this coming Monday. 

I don't expect I will be jumping like this, but jeez louise!

Here is how normal people, even children, are able to use this thing.  Forgive me if I think it is even more hard-core than the bionic feet!

Thanks,pogo sticks look fun.

Back on topic, I always track my distance each day.  I rode my Ninebot One E+ 17.8 miles throughout the day today.  I ride every day.  Back off-topic, I think the pogo will be a complimentary workout.  At a certain age, balance is important, and not as certain as it once was.  Practice helps a great deal.