THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Thanks for the comments. I have been riding for about a year but learnt that trick in about an hour. I need to practice some more to get to land >90% consistency, after which I'll try to combine with unispins etc... I have been putting some tricks on to Vine: https://vine.co/u/1355628961270792192?mode=grid and posting instructions in the "Tricks to Learn" thread.

@Rehab1  , @Adrian Stevens - Toby is really good, although he makes me feel fat as every time I attempt a big drop like in his latest video I always burst my inner tube :). I'm pretty sure that if electric unicycling was more accessible to the younger generations we would have much faster trick progression. Oldies like me learn much slower and also take longer to heal up after a fall.

Thanks for the nice comments. Toby definitely has the advantage of "being under 40 kilos" on his side. The other thing is he has the guts to try it but as you say that comes with healing quickly, being able to bounce and forgetting how much things have hurt in the past :-)

A competition sounds fun even if it's just to get some like minded people together.

Thought you might like to see the compilation I made of some of Tobe's best "mischief" from last year.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Thanks for the comments. I have been riding for about a year but learnt that trick in about an hour. I need to practice some more to get to land >90% consistency, after which I'll try to combine with unispins etc... I have been putting some tricks on to Vine: https://vine.co/u/1355628961270792192?mode=grid and posting instructions in the "Tricks to Learn" thread.

@Rehab1  , @Adrian Stevens - Toby is really good, although he makes me feel fat as every time I attempt a big drop like in his latest video I always burst my inner tube :). I'm pretty sure that if electric unicycling was more accessible to the younger generations we would have much faster trick progression. Oldies like me learn much slower and also take longer to heal up after a fall.

Your tricks are awesome Jonathan ;) 

Toby is amazing, watching his videos made the wee man want to learn! 

All the kids, (and big kids) at the skate park love J's wheel, and often ask for a go!

We met a guy with a pedal unicycle @ the park today too.

Always good fun. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/7/2016 at 0:38 PM, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

A quick Vine of a slope top switch stance trick from a very brief visit to the park during paternity leave. :)

A quad s eh?  I'm starting to like vine, it's great for watching short clips over and over and really appreciating and learning new skills.  Not that I will ever be able to do that.  Still,  it's great to see that these things are  possible with the right skills and dedication.:o

Sorry. meant stss, not four s.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

A quad s eh?  I'm starting to like vine, it's great for watching short clips over and over and really appreciating and learning new skills.  Not that I will ever be able to do that.  Still,  it's great to see that these things are  possible with the right skills and dedication.:o

Sorry. meant stss, not four s.

slick move

• Upvote 2

Ok 'fess up which one of you guys is John Dingley?  Com'on I know you're out there...

Is this what the post-apocalyptic world beach would look like?  Where's the zombies?  :D  Also, is that his electric unicycle license he's carrying around with him there?

Did someone post this up before?  It looks vaguely familiar...

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

I spent some time recording my trip today and did some quick editing in iMovie.  I'm not sure why it's so blurry as on my iPhone it's pretty sharp.  Oh well, it's nothing too exciting, but you get a chance to see a Ninebot One E+ Limited Edition Flame rolling around.  B)

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Oh well, it's nothing too exciting

Nice video...what could be so exciting when you have such a good bike roads :)

3 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I'm not sure why it's so blurry as on my iPhone it's pretty sharp

You may compiled and uploaded the video in lower resolution than the raw format.

Edited by DS
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I spent some time recording my trip today and did some quick editing in iMovie.  I'm not sure why it's so blurry as on my iPhone it's pretty sharp.  Oh well, it's nothing too exciting, but you get a chance to see a Ninebot One E+ Limited Edition Flame rolling around.  B)

Nice video, The bike path is lovely, so green. and the EUC is flaming hot :) (probably no such word in English) 

Thanks 

• Upvote 1