THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

looks like he didn't respect the beep

I couldn't hear anything, but he looked like he was hauling ass, excuse my French :)  With what looks to be zero protection. He must be hurting. @Edddeus, why can't you provide some context to this video?

• Like 2

While educational and useful, I can't help but finding EUC crash videos trauma-inducing.  Too easy to put myself in their shoes.  Don't think I've eaten it going that fast, though.  Although it's very possible to have a bad fall going slow, as I've learned the hard way.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

While educational and useful, I can't help but finding EUC crash videos trauma-inducing.  Too easy to put myself in their shoes.  Don't think I've eaten it going that fast, though.  Although it's very possible to have a bad fall going slow, as I've learned the hard way.  

Yeah, I watched this just before I got on my Mten3 to ride to another building. Put a slight damper on the beginning of the ride <_<

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I like how the two pedestrians see him crash and run to see if he's okay.  :rolleyes:  My guess would be he turned off all alarms, disabled tiltback, and didn't hear the five beep warning as he was accelerating through it on a low battery state?  Maybe Gotway needs to rethink a mandatory tiltback/beep that factors in battery level and failure speed calculations?  They could add in a special expert level override in the app for those averse to that sort of thing.  I don't know.  Not everyone understands these devices as well as the people who regularly frequent the forums do.  Maybe wheel makers need to help incorporate a mandatory tiltback that's safe and adjusted accordingly to battery level, load, and acceleration to keep certain riders safe?

I hear you. But then again, ignorance of the law does not excuse you for breaking the law. You (the generic you) shouldn't be riding a wheel if you don't have enough self-preservation instinct to learn everything you can about the wheel that you're riding. I did. You did. Many others did and do.

I know that Gotway ships the wheels with the alarms and tilt-back enabled. So I refuse to believe that this guy didn't know what he was doing by turning off tilt-back.

EDIT: I did crack up seeing those two pedestrians not even break stride as that guy crash and burned. I think I would have at least paused if that was happening in front of me. Or maybe that's a testing area where people are wiping out all the time :confused1:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

How true... also looks like there may have been a small dip in the road right where he launched...

• Like 1

I am empathetic enough to have needed to go back and try to determine what safety gear he was wearing.  No helmet, and he does go down hard.  Looked like he had some wrist guards on, though.  

I'm kinda glad I'm not a fan of going at such high speeds.  I'm not sure how I would react psychologically to that kind of "controllable" accident and I fear my psychological response to crashes almost as much as I do physical injury.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe wheel makers need to help incorporate a mandatory tiltback that's safe and adjusted accordingly to battery level, load, and acceleration to keep certain riders safe?

YES... and as much as I initially thought it was crappy my 18S which originally made you go 1000KM to unlock the speed was reduced to 200KM when I got mine, not a bad idea to use as a model for safety....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

How true... also looks like there may have been a small dip in the road right where he launched...

You might be right.  I know I've tried to warn others about the dangers of the unseen dip.  It's almost been my undoing a couple of times.  

The one I really hate (due to it being the cause of my most recent fall) is when you see a pothole too late and end up trying to swerve around it and essentially crash yourself.  I'm trying to beat back that instinct and just hope I can traverse the pothole in the future.  I kinda wonder if there's some remnant of my motorcycle days rearing it's head in those moments because I feel like I could avoid those kind of obstacles more easily on a bike.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

You might be right.  I know I've tried to warn others about the dangers of the unseen dip.  It's almost been my undoing a couple of times.  

The one I really hate (due to it being the cause of my most recent fall) is when you see a pothole too late and end up trying to swerve around it and essentially crash yourself.  I'm trying to beat back that instinct and just hope I can traverse the pothole in the future.  I kinda wonder if there's some remnant of my motorcycle days rearing it's head in those moments because I feel like I could avoid those kind of obstacles more easily on a bike.  

My only real fall was a slow faceplant I did, I was riding on the grass, playing with my app not looking and went into a hole that was filled with sand (on my 14D)... didn't get hurt but surprised the shit out of me, and thankful I had my wrist guards on... LESSON... look where you are going and NEVER ride without at least my wrist guards (even when I am walking my dog now)... :o

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Gotway MCM5 crash!

Credit: Konstantin Manixin

It's a bit weird, pedestrians do not flinch, it's as if nothing happened. I think it could be a montage.

Edited by Augus
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

why can't you provide some context to this video?

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

why can't you provide some context to this video?

Hello Marty, I am not familiar with Russian language, was kind of hoping @Shad0z could fill us in on what is written in the video description. From what I can see, the dude didn't respect the beep, looks to be travelling at close to 50km/h which is incredible considering the wheel size. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I guess we now know what the MCM5 is capable, which is actually impressive.

52.7km/h on a 14 inch wheel?  Gee, 14 inch wheels have come a long long way. I learn't my skill on a 14 inch Zip wheel and that could barely exceed 12 Km/h, it wasn't a joy to ride at all. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

52.7km/h om a 14 inch wheel?  Gee, 14 inch wheels have come a long long way. I learn't my skill on a 14 inch Zip wheel and that could barely exceed 12 Km/h, it wasn't a joy to ride at all. 

All wheels have come a long way :thumbup:  The MCM5 is an impressive wheel. I stick to below 35km/h on mine, but it's a very zippy wheel. Tremendous torque.

• Like 1