THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

34 minutes ago, novazeus said:

june 6th or july 6th?

looks like it fits u like a glove. i know what u mean about top heaviness, but gotta laugh a little about the comment of the V10F being top heavy because when i start thinking that, i just need to ride my 1680wh 18s a little and all feelings of top heaviness on my other wheels goes away.

i know it’s early, but is this your new favorite wheel?

Opps, thanks for catching the typo, it is july 6th, this morning.  For now it is my favorite wheel.  I think a KS16 form factor is my favorite if it had the speed and power of this wheel.  I can't wait until KS comes out with the new 16" wheel this year.  Unfortunate they will not be updating the 18S.  Guess it is too niche.  

4 minutes ago, squirt said:

@eddiemoy What are your speed settings set to on your KS18L?  I thought the 18L was able to go up to 31MPH, but it seems that yours is limiting you to around 24.5MPH..

before you hit 200km, it is 25mph or 40kmh is the limit.  I have a hunch on why they do this.  Kind of like when you burn in a pc.  you let it run to make sure it doesn't break.  if it can run for 7 days testing everything repeatedly then the PC should be good for the long term.  I think that is what KS's thinking is around making you do this with every wheel.  Burn in period.  I don't remember the statistic but you are more likely to get a serious injury when you go faster than a certain speed.  

Anyway, after you ride for 200km, it will unlock to 31mph or 50kmh.

59 minutes ago, Kael said:

Please tell me you can shut the voice up and switch it to a beep sound instead.

Yes, you can.  I just haven't done that yet.  But my other two wheels, the 16 and 18S have just beeping.  LOL

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Opps, thanks for catching the typo, it is july 6th, this morning.  For now it is my favorite wheel.  I think a KS16 form factor is my favorite if it had the speed and power of this wheel.  I can't wait until KS comes out with the new 16" wheel this year.  Unfortunate they will not be updating the 18S.  Guess it is too niche.  

<snip>

Have you heard that KingSing is planning an upgraded 16S or is it wishful thinking on your part?

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

think that is what KS's thinking is around making you do this with every wheel.  Burn in period.

I absolutely think this is the case, I was just thinking about that yesterday :).  That's the only reason to have a 15kph for 5km limit at the beginning too.   Its actually a great idea and will help reduce their risk.

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Have you heard that KingSing is planning an upgraded 16S or is it wishful thinking on your part?

I was told by the KS rep they will be releasing a 2kw 16" wheel this year.  I asked about top speed, they haven't decided yet.  It really needs to be 45km/h to compete.  Or I might have to buy GW. They mention "catering to market demand."

• Like 2

21 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

As long as you shift your center of gravity backwards and push on the pedals, you brake. So bending the knees and letting oneself fall back ("sitting down"), and then pushing hard against the pedals (straighten legs) should work for strong/emergency braking. Unless it's so hard you lose traction, then you fall on your butt, which is why I'm too scared to try it:efeec46606:

I recommend keeping legs bent throughout the entire braking process. And, yes, you will fall on your butt practicing but you will not get hurt.

If you keep your knees bent, and the wheel slides or skips, then there is slack...you can push down and take up that slack whereas straight legs cannot do so because there is no slack.

This is all bunk, though. In practice this is what happens.

I'm braking on gravel, the wheel starts to slide, then, horrifyingly, starts spinning in the opposite direction thereby making me lose all directional stability, then the wheel goes away from under me, I drop on the ground.

By the way, falling from braking is as gentle as a faceplant is brutal. It's basically a non-issue, and even the wheel just slows down and then flops over.

Has anyone ever been hurt from a fall from braking? I don't recall any forum member posting such an injury.

Edited by LanghamP

34 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Using public mass transit the last time left me missing 'the last bus' on the end of the subway connecting to my hometown 10 miles farther away. This year I decided to try commuting both ways on the Gotway Monster.

This is what's so great about big battery/long distance wheels! Pick an ambitious destination where you're not exactly sure if and how it will work out, and then just go for it! Explore, enjoy, make distance, see how it works! :efeeec645d: Great trip Bob! So naturally the entire way back was in the dark? And that was a looooong fireworks display.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, trya said:

Learning Thompson switch. ... a month later - training continues, now I'm in WA and the only place around with the flat surface is our house garage :) The progress is noticeable, I am a lot more stable, can train in a limited space, and don't need a safety leash anymore, even for psychological support. 
PS. Pushkin - is the dog's name, in case you wonder :)

Wow, you've made great progress. And that looks really fun to do to :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trya said:

mountain climbing trips on KS-18 here in WA

Where abouts in WA are you? (Washington state, I take it.) I'm in Bellevue, but just getting my feet wet on a V5F. Your skills are impressive!

43 minutes ago, kjon12 said:

Where abouts in WA are you? (Washington state, I take it.) I'm in Bellevue, but just getting my feet wet on a V5F. Your skills are impressive!

Thanks. I'm staying in White Salmon, windsurfing in Columbia Gorge. 

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Testing out Inmotion V10F Beta firmware v2.2.7. Had to o much fun riding the tiltback.

Thanks for testing it. Enjoyed your video and can’t wait for this firmware to be released. 

Have you tested the 45 km/h speed limit with DarknessBot? I think this wheel should do it safely and that would be enough speed already. 

Also, you can change that alarm to your own recording if you want to ride the tiltback in silence. Just go to that DIY sound section and the alarm sound is named in chinese, around 5th from the top, just test listen to find out. 

10 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Thanks for testing it. Enjoyed your video and can’t wait for this firmware to be released. 

Have you tested the 45 km/h speed limit with DarknessBot? I think this wheel should do it safely and that would be enough speed already. 

Also, you can change that alarm to your own recording if you want to ride the tiltback in silence. Just go to that DIY sound section and the alarm sound is named in chinese, around 5th from the top, just test listen to find out. 

Haven't tested unlock of V10F on DarknessBot to 45km/h.  Haven't played with any of the sounds either.

Gotway MCM5 crash!

Credit: Konstantin Manixin

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Gotway MCM5 crash!

Credit: Konstantin Manixin

Nice. Do we have any context?

Edited by Marty Backe