THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Have also understood what people mean when they say pedal dip. And what can come after a pedal dip (wobble) 

When you ride and start turning it feels like the ride allmost throws you into the turn.

Pedal dip is due to the gyro sensor "drifting" over time or from a bad calibration. It's not intentional.

You can (and should) get  rid of it by doing a proper calibration. The key to success seems to be, to make sure the wheel is not tilted sideways (pedal angle can be whatever you like, but no sideways tilt) during the entire calibration process. Which may be longer than you think, including after you switched the wheel off and on again (when the actual calibration happens as far as I can remember).

There's a Speedy Feet YouTube video how to do a Gotway calibration, details may differ but it gives you the general idea.

As already said, wobble is entirely unrelated to the wheel, that's the rider.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Pedal dip and wobble are not related. Pedal dip is a gyro sensor/software issue where during a turn the pedals slowly tilt a bit forward. It slowly goes away after the turn

Remember, some people ride at almost 50km/h with the Tesla original tire, and they call it stable even at those speeds. As the physics of speed increase exponentially, 20km/h is nothing.

Oh so that is what it means with pedal dip. I calibrated mine since it was about 3° off in gyro direvtion of course, now its 0.1° degrees off only. The speed increase out of a turn cant be all bad right, i allways power out of turns (as with a car or motorbike) for stability, so if i have pedal dip then i dont mind or notice it. Wasnt aware that the gyro should is affected by sideways movement.

Understand about heavier wobble at higher speeds, i have set max speed to 30km/h for now until i get all my safety gear and wobble resistant EUC legs are developed ?Shorts, helmet and motor bike gloves is a bit to little.

Thanks for the info, wobble is about only thing bothering me now as the rest of the riding flows nice (kerbs, step on off, long and short turns in high and low speed, offroad and whatnot)

On 8/28/2015 at 6:41 AM, EUC Extreme said:

We were celebrating a small ferry, which was in fact a sauna. Of course I had to try to drive a moving a ferry :) A bit strange it felt :)

Im glad the wheel stayed out of the water ?, nice to know there are more Scandinavians riding EUC's here ?

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:23 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

My Monster and I made a quick stop today as an auto driver turned in from a busy roadway to a parking lot. I'm glad I was using a gimbal mounted action camera ! It looks like a vehicle chassis blind spot for the driver. Other than this fast braking incident the ride went on as usual for 40 miles.

120604.JPG

Imagine that situation but while being on a big road. And passing the road. Then a car does the same thing other than going in front of you he tried to squeeze by but instead ends up running you over. This almost happened to me once i turned sharply and braked. It was a close call 

1 minute ago, stephen said:

omg @EUC GUY that wheel is a beast it looks so comfortable and smooth looks like it will roll over anything at the right tyre pressure for wood trails ,it's definitely got some power. thx for the vid

Thank you. I hope it was worth the watch. I will try to do more. please come with suggestions as well

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, maltocs said:

I had this happen to me the other day when a car made a right turn in front of me. I had to brake hard. In hindsight, I thought it would've been a great opportunity to test out who would win, my wrist guards or tempered glass. 

Two weeks ago I got so irritated with cars dorking me with right on red that I just ghost dismounted my MSuper and let the wheel slam into the driver door.

It felt great. Left a big dent too.

You will be proud to know that I extracted a promise from the scared driver to stop on red.

I suspect the MSuper and the Rockwheel are better at collisions since the leading edge of the wheel is exposed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Two weeks ago I got so irritated with cars dorking me with right on red that I just ghost dismounted my MSuper and let the wheel slam into the driver door.

You will be proud to know that I extracted a promise from the scared driver to stop on red.

I suspect the MSuper and the Rockwheel are better at collisions since the leading edge of the wheel is exposed.

I've been tempted to do this at least a dozen times.  It's bad to admit, but reading that it's actually possible is gratifying because it's a thought experiment I've run in my head so often, but without knowing whether it would actually work.  My big fear has been dismounting at any kind of speed.  I figure I could do it successfully maybe 50% of the time, but with my luck, I would attempt it and fall and the wheel torpedo would miss it's target.  

But yeah, suffice to say I'm similarly irritated with drivers not even looking to see me.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

if i did that in the UK they would definitely be banned?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I've been tempted to do this at least a dozen times.  It's bad to admit, but reading that it's actually possible is gratifying because it's a thought experiment I've run in my head so often, but without knowing whether it would actually work.

Haha, my thought experiment is carrying a nice big heavy brick or concrete block or beer crate in both hands (because you gotta transport it somehow, right?) and defensively throwing it at cars' windshields when they cut me off (necessarily, to get momentum to not hit the car myself, of course).

Actually, only had one shitty driver so far and a few honkers (most of which were probably approval). All else were quite nice and accommodating. I probably surprise-scared a few car drivers myself. Don't ride much around cars, though, so that may not be representative of the real situation here if you get into competition for road space.

• Like 1

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha, my thought experiment is carrying a nice big heavy brick or concrete block or beer crate in both hands (because you gotta transport it somehow, right?) and defensively throwing it at cars' windshields when they cut me off (necessarily, to get momentum to not hit the car myself, of course).

Actually, only had one shitty driver so far and a few honkers (most of which were probably approval). All else were quite nice and accommodating. I probably surprise-scared a few car drivers myself. Don't ride much around cars, though, so that may not be representative of the real situation here if you get into competition for road space.

I've seen enough of your pictures of beautiful riding scenery to be jealous of your riding territory for lifetime.  If I rode where you do, I'd be at danger of floating off my wheel due to the zen-calm state I'd achieve riding.

I'm often carrying a drink with me while riding because I typically use the wheel to go to a fast food place and bring back a drink.  I still think the use of our hands is an underappreciated aspect of riding a wheel.  I have considered using my drink as a projectile if someone were to cut me off.  I would try to actually get through their window as it's a cold drink I'm carrying and I wouldn't have to worry about burning them.  It's funny because I've had the thought that if I ever end up carrying out one of these vague, repressed threats that I've speculated on here, I'll have to go back and try to delete those posts for security sake.  

A certain kind of city riding is brutal.  Ironically, it's the kind I most often do.  I actually think a lot of the folks in big cities have it easier due to wider sidewalks and actual bike lanes.      

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Urrghh, I can't take the teasing any more. It should be a week or two before these arrive in the UK and I'm thinking of taking a forum holiday until then because the wait is killing me. Normally I don't really care all that much about such things, but I have a yearning heartache for a new wheel!

Edited by Kael
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I'm often carrying a drink with me while riding because I typically use the wheel to go to a fast food place and bring back a drink.  I still think the use of our hands is an underappreciated aspect of riding a wheel.  I have considered using my drink as a projectile if someone were to cut me off.   

Yep, exactly that. "It was just a reflex!"TM

3 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

It's funny because I've had the thought that if I ever end up carrying out one of these vague, repressed threats that I've speculated on here, I'll have to go back and try to delete those posts for security sake.

:efee612b4b:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Much better to torpedo the car then fake injury, which is what I did. I hit the ground in such a fake way I'm sure they thought I used to play soccer.

We're trying to scare drivers not piss them off.

Ghost dismounting a wheel is the easiest thing. You don't even hop; relax, spread your legs, and let your phallus go forth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demargon said:

Showing the capacity of the v10F on rough terrains. Do not try with other brands ;)

Nice video, although I think KingSong or Gotway would have no problem doing this ride :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demargon said:

Showing the capacity of the v10F on rough terrains. Do not try with other brands ;)

Nice Vid, I think the V10F performs GREAT on bouncy terrain as long as it's flat like your video. I find if i do too much bouncy on the downhill, due to the rubber grips, i start to slide ever so slightly forward with every bounce to where i'm very unstable. I've learned to re-adjust my feet often as soon as I notice the slippage. 

Edited by maltocs
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

@Marty Backe is chooch hogging the wheel?  I'm waiting for you to get the Z10 so you can provide some content and opinions on it.  LOL

:D

Well, I don't know if he was hogging it since there may not be an established time limit. But after having it for 10-days I just found out that it's heading to me today or tomorrow. Probably won't get it until next week. Looking forward to it.

I learned a few things from watching some of his videos, the most insightful of which, is running at much lower tire pressure helps in off-road conditions. I will definitely be experimenting with different tire pressures.

• Like 3