THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

13 minutes ago, stephen said:

WooooooooSh that can accelerate @EUC GUY  crazy?

Request: Want to see some data.  Like how fast he went and when full deceleration, how many feet it took.

i.e. I was able to decelerate from 15mph in 19' for both the KS18S and V10F, but was able to do it quicker in the KS16, 17'.  

@EUC GUY, can you try that?  I did my testing in full gear like you, scary.  Not sure if I want to repeat for the 18L...

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Request: Want to see some data.  Like how fast he went and when full deceleration, how many feet it took.

i.e. I was able to decelerate from 15mph in 19' for both the KS18S and V10F, but was able to do it quicker in the KS16, 17'.  

@EUC GUY, can you try that?  I did my testing in full gear like you, scary.  Not sure if I want to repeat for the 18L...

How fast, i said that. 47 kmh.
The distance i needed to stop, 16 meters.

Just now, EUC GUY said:

How fast, i said that. 47 kmh.
The distance i needed to stop, 16 meters.

can you try at stopping at 24km/h?  want to see how different is it to what i was doing...  

you stopping from 47km/h in 16 meters is really good.

• Like 1

Just now, eddiemoy said:

can you try at stopping at 24km/h?  want to see how different is it to what i was doing...  

you stopping from 47km/h in 16 meters is really good.

that i can try, no problem.

Well. i did lean back all i could

vlcsnap-2018-07-05-13h56m24s488.png

1 minute ago, EUC GUY said:

I have the same lean, but in one try, I had to jump off, wheel got away from me. LOL

1 minute ago, that0n3guy said:

yeah, that's how I do it as well.   Is the "sit down" method :).

I think you can only to the full straight lean going slower.  could be wrong.

57 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I think you can only to the full straight lean going slower.  could be wrong.

As long as you shift your center of gravity backwards and push on the pedals, you brake. So bending the knees and letting oneself fall back ("sitting down"), and then pushing hard against the pedals (straighten legs) should work for strong/emergency braking. Unless it's so hard you lose traction, then you fall on your butt, which is why I'm too scared to try it:efeec46606:

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 1:48 PM, Shad0z said:

Imagine that situation but while being on a big road. And passing the road. Then a car does the same thing other than going in front of you he tried to squeeze by but instead ends up running you over. This almost happened to me once i turned sharply and braked. It was a close call 

I always imagine a half blind speed freak, without license that does not want to be taken over by a non car vehicle when I ride. Maybe because I am new to euc's (2nd week) and have already have quite a few cars missing out. Bicycles are even worse, some people don't even look just cross your path and don't use their brain (if any)

And blind spots in some cars are really insane. Like my civic type R, I always have to look twice "around" the front pillars (next to wind screen) before entering a round about. Still I have panic braked a few times as a car had suddenly appeared right as I am about to enter. And that is A CAR, imagine a EUC which is about 1/10th the length of a car... Can easily be blind spotted in any car basically and be "hidden" for a longer time

Bright clothes (yellow reflex vest even day time) can save bones and knee caps ? protection is important, but it's better to prevent it before going there:-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 6:08 PM, stephen said:

if i did that in the UK they would definitely be banned?

Sweden, same thing. Wouldn't advice on that here if we want any kind of EUC community in the future.

Or an illegal immigrant or other type of criminal would jump out and shoot you for banging up his wheels....a lot of idiots out there I'm afraid.

But, traffic reactions are just that.. Reactions. I prefer to follow the moron and when he stops at a red light knock on the window (if he looks like someone that has not fled the mental institution) and ask him what (the F...) he is doing. Smell alcohol or see dialated pupils.. Call the cops and have them take him in. That way, he gets off the road (license withdrawn) and you might actually save someone else's life.

Edited by Boogieman
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

Hey, thanks so much for showing that style of stopping fast, it's super effective!  Really appreciate it!  Went and practiced tonight.

Edited by Xoltri

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice video, although I think KingSong or Gotway would have no problem doing this ride :D

The advice isn't about the others brands can't do it. Is about the others brands euc probably get serious damages in the way

4 hours ago, stephen said:

looks like I'm stopping up late in the UK,,, but it will be worth it ? is it 2 hours or one ?

Sorry for the late hour but ultimately we had to go with a time that works best for us :unsure:

It'll probably be somewhere between 1 and 2 hours.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Loving this new KS 18L. Good that the firmware is fixed, don't have to worry about the wheel self destructing. Minor design flaw in the placement of the light sensor.

Please tell me you can shut the voice up and switch it to a beep sound instead.

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Loving this new KS 18L. Good that the firmware is fixed, don't have to worry about the wheel self destructing. Minor design flaw in the placement of the light sensor.

june 6th or july 6th?

looks like it fits u like a glove. i know what u mean about top heaviness, but gotta laugh a little about the comment of the V10F being top heavy because when i start thinking that, i just need to ride my 1680wh 18s a little and all feelings of top heaviness on my other wheels goes away.

i know it’s early, but is this your new favorite wheel?

Edited by novazeus

18 minutes ago, Kael said:

Please tell me you can shut the voice up and switch it to a beep sound instead.

Not sure about the 18L but in the 14S you can disable the voice prompt and you’ll have just the beep. But in my 14S, the beep is so weak that it’s barely audible at 18 mph. 

I have the voice prompt enabled with the fear of cutout from not hearing the beep and not noticing the tilt back.