THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 9/28/2017 at 8:04 AM, Marty Backe said:

I took the Mten3 to the beach yesterday for a mid afternoon ride. I visited the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach, both landmarks in Southern California. For some reason I thought of @Hunka Hunka Burning Love at 5:20 and circled around for a closer look :D  Venice Beach always serves up something offbeat B)

Your blatant disregard to use common sense when riding very well may get the use of EUCs banned at the beach some day. 

Why do you insist on riding where it specifically states “walk your bike” ?  (You even circled around by 2 places on the walk that stated “walk your bike”.)

I’m sure your response will be something like you said before; “if it doesn’t say no riding EUCs, then I’m going to ride there”.  It doesn’t say there you can’t drive your truck on the ‘walk’  there, so does that mean that it’s okay to drive your truck there ?

Use common sense when riding. Don’t ride EUCs where it says not to ride bikes. 

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If I ever see a sign that says No EUC's,

Actually, I would be overjoyed if the authorities would say an electric unicycle is a cycle - end of story. I would be more than happy to not use my EUC anywhere a bike isn't allowed (and use it everywhere  a bike is) but that ain't gonna happen where I live. 

meanwhile, like @Marty Backe I would take the view that a small EUC ridden carefully is a pedestrian augmentation device and belongs where pedestrians , not vehicles, are. 

All, I can say though is thank heavens that group you rode around didn't take offence at you riding on the sidewalk, we would have really missed your fascinating contributions ?!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

They do not sell that crappy solowheel!

Ah - then i got the wrong online shop by googling... But this shop featured the same video on their home page...

... Don't want to watch it again to look for the correct adress ?...

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

If I ever see a sign that says No EUC's, then I'll obey it. Until then you and your bureaucratic buddies can get off my back.

Spoken like the true arrogant fool you are. 

Edited by abinder3

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Eh.

Rather simplistic and subjective comparisons, plus she's comparing the best KingSong 16 inch wheel to the old ACM. How about comparing the KS16S to the ACM V2s+?

I generally don't like these kind of 'reviews'.

And what else would you exspect from a Kingsong seller?

Also there ares some faults...comparing the -exact- same battery, stating 840wh on Ks, on Gw 820wh(correct would be 828 for both).

makes no difference if its panasonic or sanyo..its the same battery-cell marketed under slightly different names.

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Dude, chill out! Quit acting like a butthurt Hillary supporter and get over it.Go grab a brew and turn on the tube and watch some pro athletes disrespect the flag or something.California already has more than enough nanny-state control freaks worried about what others do.We don't need you adding to their numbers.I highly doubt one man riding an EUC circling some "things" in an area labled "walk your bikes" is going to get all EUC riding banned at California beaches.If @Marty Backe chooses to ride in a "walk your bike" area; that's his business.And if he gets cited for it, that's his business too.

That was so hilarious, Jeff. I practically fell off my chair laughing. I love your sense of humor. You're the man, Jeff!! :thumbup:

Edited by YoshiSkySun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Honestly, I think you are just jealous. :P

I come to this site just to read @Marty Backe's posts and especially to watch his videos, as well as many others. I personally am grateful for all the time, expense, humour, good will, and taste he puts into the experiences he shares. Through his eyes, I get to see Venice Beach and much of California again without spending $2K+ to fly there. I also get trustworthy information about the many wheels he owns or borrows. I have never felt Marty was arrogant, and strongly believe we owe him our appreciation.

So, @Marty Backe, please carry on!

Thanks! :cheers:

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Actually I'm in a very unique position to lecture him.When I first met him,it was on a group ride at Griffith Park with myself and @Marty Backeand some other locals.He had just bought a KS 18 and was having difficulties mounting the wheel from a dead stop so I followed behind him to help him along on the group ride in the off-roading hilly areas of the park,many of the trails are no bike or motorized vehicle areas,for which he had no problem.Irony! I also know from his facebook feed that he tends to be politically conservative,so my comments were meant to get his attention as to the irony of his comments towards Marty being inconsistant with his facebook worldview and prior actions of riding EUCs in the same areas for which he dissed Marty and were aimed solely at him.

And those areas you are talking about I only went there because I was new to the EUC ‘scene’ and if I needed help I wanted to be with someone that could help and I appreciate your help.  

However, you will not see me going in ‘those’ areas that you mentioned ever again.

One prime example of Marty’s disregard for common sense was when we were riding at the Griffith Park Observatory once.  We all were told that we could ride of the left of the Observatory to get to the area behind it.  But we were also told not to ride on the right side of the Observatory.  But when Jason was here for a ride, Marty took it upon himself to go ahead and ride to the right of the Obsevatory knowing that he was told not to.  Are you trying to tell me that’s using common sense?

7 hours ago, Mono said:

Why shouldn't we be allowed to ride EUCs at walking speed (or little above)

From my last pedestrian encounter on a two way street within a Mall / parking area on a speedy Ninebot, at a closure. of twenty feet , passing with a three foot margin , a female pedestrian responded with fear and a hands up gesture of surrender.

• Upvote 2