THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Probably so, since even though this is the steepest, longest hill I know of in my area, I doubt it equals SF hills. But when I felt how hard I would have to lean, and seeing how long the wheel would have to sustain this load, I decided to be content with slalom. This was a victory in itself, since for 2 months I was afraid to even try slaloming this hill!

As I live (reasonably) close to Baldwin Street (the steepest street in the world), if all of the manufacturers send me one of each of their wheels I would be more than happy to test them on it. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

As I live (reasonably) close to Baldwin Street (the steepest street in the world), if all of the manufacturers send me one of each of their wheels I would be more than happy to test them on it. 

I can't remember if you've mentioned this already, but have you tested any EUCs there?

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

Whoa, what is this?  It was in @Sidestreet Reny's video thumbnails.  The music sucks, but this looks like an MSuper with part of the shell cut off.

Not sure if I'm missing a joke here, but it's the new Ninebot One Z.

Also discussion here, and 2 new Gotway models can be seen.

Not my video. Some Russians (?) comparing Solowheel and generics and think the Solowheel is the best. Nicely made otherwise.

Starts like this:

• This wheel looks like a generic...
  • Oh wait it's a Solowheel Classic:P
  • Solowheel wipes out/overleans on normal braking.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I would love to ride that street some day.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I would love to ride that street some day.

I agree! You live so close by! Look at the roof on the house in comparison to the street. 

36372213492_40151b8661_z.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not my video. Some Russians (?) comparing Solowheel and generics and think the Solowheel is the best. Nicely made otherwise.

Starts like this:

• This wheel looks like a generic...
  • Oh wait it's a Solowheel Classic:P
  • Solowheel wipes out/overleans on normal braking.

At about 9:30 they test the speed of the three wheels, and there is a pretty good view of an overspeed cutout on the IPS at about 14kmh.  

Edited by steve454
changed time from 8:30 to 9:30
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I can't remember if you've mentioned this already, but have you tested any EUCs there?

Not yet... But I expect total failure!

When I do try, I will video the attempt.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Sven said:

welcome to my city 91789 ;)

I thought you didn't have any wheels while the Monster was being fixed :confused1: The title of your video includes Gotway and KingSong. Is this a Franken-wheel of some kind ;)

The helmet looks good. What model did you go with?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought you didn't have any wheels while the Monster was being fixed :confused1: The title of your video includes Gotway and KingSong. Is this a Franken-wheel of some kind ;)

The helmet looks good. What model did you go with?

Took back my good old ks16 (technically borrowed from the friend I gave it to)

i bought 100% status and 100% goggle. I was going back and forth between the switchblade, super 2R and fox proframe for a while, but I think it was a good choice to go with the 100%

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sven said:

Took back my good old ks16 (technically borrowed from the friend I gave it to)

i bought 100% status and 100% goggle. I was going back and forth between the switchblade, super 2R and fox proframe for a while, but I think it was a good choice to go with the 100%

Thanks. Another brand that I've never heard of. I'll check them out. I'm still considering a helmet upgrade.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video and music again!  Setting up and editing all of your various shots including the coming and going footage takes a great deal of time but makes for an enjoyable movie for all of us to watch!:cheers:

• Upvote 2