THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

58 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Very clever - I almost missed your highly inappropriate misrepresentation of what I said.

;)

I wonder if she's on that rock every Saturday morning?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very clever - I almost missed your highly inappropriate misrepresentation of what I said.

;)

I wonder if she's on that rock every Saturday morning?

Sorry! I've been watching too much fake news these days. :crying: Everyone knows you are not only a handsome man with big guns but you also have Huge Compassionate Heart! That is the truth buddy! :)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Sorry! I've been watching too much fake news these days. :crying: Everyone knows you are not only a handsome man with big guns but you also have Huge Compassionate Heart! That is the truth buddy! :)

I really think I've had more laughs since joining this forum as I've had during the last X years :)

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Riding the KS14D at the local elementary school. Remembering my tricks after a while off my wheel...and riding in beach shoes with no socks. Just asking for some pain! Lol. :huh: Complete with fails and all.

Man, you are making me relive my skateboarding period all over again. :D 

Once I start doing this I will for sure put on the shin guards I received with my wheel :D Impressive! Just the way you casually flipped the wheel around on one foot after one of your spills is already amazing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I saw on your other videos you like to jump with the wheel. Can the hardware cope with this kind of abuse?

Sidestreet Reny allready broke 4 or 5 wheels :-) Seams that now the new 14d can withstand his driving style...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Before it was hauled out for work to replace the rotted wood in the hull it looked like this :

36321.jpg

The original ship (Friendship 1797-1827) surely travelled the world in the 18th and 19th centuries. It sailed as far as Guangzhou, China but also ported in Cuba, Venezuela, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Russia, Sweden, Reunion, India, Malaysia and the Philippines. According to Ancestry.com , the ships 'master' during most of those years (Israel Williams) was married to 'Lydia Waite'. 

https://www.ancestry.com/genealogy/records/israel-williams_87819125

The ships owner is listed as 'Waite & Peirce' so a family connection to the owner by marriage appears to have existed. Israel Williams date of death is listed as 1831.

http://pem-voyager.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/vwebv/holdingsInfo?searchId=338&recCount=10&recPointer=5&bibId=71406

36341.png

36342.png

These days (2017) people from all over the world ride the Electric Unicycle (on land) manufactured in China and chat 24/7 on this forum.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Man, you are making me relive my skateboarding period all over again. :D 

Once I start doing this I will for sure put on the shin guards I received with my wheel :D Impressive! Just the way you casually flipped the wheel around on one foot after one of your spills is already amazing.

Thanx man, glad I could be of assistance. :D Can't forget you skate dayz!

Yo, you can use the fat burners for shin guards, they cover the inside of the legs where the pain happens, and you can also use them for a protective cover for your EU.

6 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I saw on your other videos you like to jump with the wheel. Can the hardware cope with this kind of abuse?

Yeah @ir_fuel sometimes it can hurt a wheel after a while, it depends on how you ride it and what you land on. The wheels that I have killed, got ruined while I made up my tricks, kicking it all over the place and falling off things constantly, and most importantly...they were underpowered!

Landing leaning forward and not back means allot too. When you lean back on a landing on an underpowered wheel it makes the gyro skip or something, as far as I know that thing needs to spin to keep driving.:huh:. In my experience, it gradually gets worse until the gyro finally gives out. It's not always the board, even on the cheap one, I always used to be definitely think it was.

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Sidestreet Reny allready broke 4 or 5 wheels :-) Seams that now the new 14d can withstand his driving style...

Yessir @KingSong69 my killer King Song KS14D has had plenty of power to handle the abuse......plus I am a far better rider now, than when I started last year. Hehe. :ph34r: :thumbup:That helps. IMO If the KS14D can handle me than by that logic King Song must be the safest wheel around. I am the only one that has hurt me, the wheel has not thrown me or given out while riding...ever.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Thanx Damien @Hirsute. Yeah I guess so, a couple months ago I got the 14D from KS after they saw some videos, they asked me to ride the wheels like I normally do...so that's what I'm doin'. Hehe ;-) I guess that's kind of R & D too. I'm def grateful! :thumbup:

Beside that, without them I'd just be walking! :facepalm: That would suck.

Congrats! Are you gathering any 'tear down/ inspect' or quantifiable wheel data for them?

If the 14D holds up under the stress of your extreme tricks and jumps it would state volumes about the durability of their product! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Congrats! Are you gathering any 'tear down/ inspect' or quantifiable wheel data for them?

If the 14D holds up under the stress of your extreme tricks and jumps it would state volumes about the durability of their product! 

Thanx @Rehab1 doing my best. ;) That's kinda the idea I guess, if it can handle me then it can handle almost anybody and that means that safety is on point for everyday riders.  

• Upvote 1