THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

That is so well done and edited! The music gots lots of compliments too ?? . Btw I've done a lot more of that side ramp riding along the river since that day. @Marty Backe rocks! Thanks for not doing including my side meeting with the bicyclists above Dodger Stadium, funny enough just before we descended for the Police Academy. Lol ?

:popcorn:  What happened at the side meeting?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:  What happened at the side meeting?

I'm disappointed in you @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. I left that yoga-babe in there just for you, and.... crickets <_<

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The dog did not look happy!

When I ride past dogs, they are jumping and barking, and the owner can barely hold them back with the leash! I don't think I've ever seen dogs sit calmly like these did as the EUC rode by!

dogs.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

When I ride past dogs, they are jumping and barking, and the owner can barely hold them back with the leash! I don't think I've ever seen dogs sit calmly like these did as the EUC rode by!

dogs.jpg

They were surprisingly mellow. Four other riders preceded me, so that must have helped.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I was very tempted to circle around once more, but I thought that would be too obvious B)  Only in California will you find a woman practicing yoga on a boulder on the top of a mountain :D

Nothing wrong with obvious!  :w00t2:  Too obvious would be "accidentally" faceplanting right next to her and waiting for assistance.  :whistling:  Although there's nothing wrong with that either... :innocent1:

I love California.  :efeeec645d:  

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

...just summoning the ninja inside of me...

You still havent told us any stories from your ride back to the valley after the ride. Glad you made it, and want you to know that I finally slimed my tire due to your mishap. That machine of yours is a solid package of Wow! Thanks for providing the music too on the ride. ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Some climb mountain peaks to seek out mysterious old spiritual masters and pursue enlightenment.  Marty goes looking for hotties.

Who is the wiser?

Maybe the lady was the one looking for mysterious old spiritual master.....and found @Marty Backe THE Gotway God worshiping monk...ready to answer her call. Although I have to say "crouching tiger" @YoshiSkySun sitting on his ACM kind of looks more the part gliding around in his zen position.

• Upvote 3

Friendship is out for repairs totaling $1 million.

"SALEM — Although repairs to the city's iconic tall ship have nearly tripled in cost since maintenance work began, the National Park Service hopes Friendship will return to Salem this winter.

Now, as the project pushes for the finish line, the final leg of work will help ready Friendship for voyages outside of Derby Wharf.

The contract between National Park Service and Maine-based Boothbay Harbor Shipyard has added about $735,000 in repairs since the work began last year, said Paul DePrey, superintendent of the Salem Maritime National Historic Site. About $383,188 in work has been done to the East Indiaman replica up to this point.

Friendship was hauled out of Salem Sound July 5, 2016, at which point it traveled to Gloucester Marine Railways in Gloucester for what was then a four-month, $226,010 project tackling a long list of repairs. The largest item on the list was hull work.

But once crews with Boothbay opened up the hull, they found much more rotted wood than previously expected."

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/news/local_news/repairs-to-salem-s-friendship-top-million/article_151d5556-63ba-5a36-a119-990d3c6c89a4.html

50 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Friendship was hauled out of Salem Sound July 5, 2016, at which point it traveled to Gloucester Marine Railways in Gloucester for what was then a four-month, $226,010 project tackling a long list of repairs. The largest item on the list was hull work.

But once crews with Boothbay opened up the hull, they found much more rotted wood than previously expected."

Thats what all contractors do. Lol crack it open and jack up the price. ?????? mechanics too.

That video is extremely beautiful. If the ship is going up in that harbor, that is going to be a fantastic place to visit.

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

An evening ride along Derby Wharf in Salem, Massachusetts on my Ninebot One E+. The big sailing vessel named 'Friendship' is out for repairs but sections of Friendship's masts are seen closer to the Custom House at the end of the video.

Nice video, liked the music too.  The new camera takes good video, I stumbled on your Copley station 360 degree interior shot.