THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, CaptainKBLS said:

NYC central park loop.

Nice family video - a welcome change from all the scenery and selfie movies. Really enjoyed watching the star with the ponytail on her awesome bike! :D

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.  The bike is from my neighbor.  It is slightly big for her.  I'm glad I found that handle on Amazon to help her keep with the pace.  I had a blast pushing it.  Actually, we took turns riding the EUC.  Yes I had to ride her bike at least a third of the trip around Central Park.

Yes she is the star of the family.  My middle doesn't like that tho.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

And here is day one. It was amongst all of these cars that someone pointed to my unicycle (V8) and said - That is the coolest thing I've ever see - Ha!

:laughbounce2:

What a fantastic collection of cars. And you were able to enjoy riding in at least one :cheers:. You can almost imagine going back in time, feeling how the original owners experienced their new cars.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I took @Tilmann's Fender Design and added a Parking Stand to it.  Introducing my Parking Fender.
EDIT:  Just to clarify, I did check the Thingiverse License before I posted all this.  It appears I am allowed to make changes and remake it?

Nice.

Something I suffer with myself with the V8. How to park it. It has a tendency to fall over when not turned on :) 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

And here is day one. It was amongst all of these cars that someone pointed to my unicycle (V8) and said - That is the coolest thing I've ever see - Ha! :laughbounce2:

Thanks for sharing the videos – they brought back many great memories: through the cars, and from my half year in Monterey. I loved the city and wider area, from Big Sur to Santa Cruz, and cruising along PCH and 17-mile drive. <sigh>

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

And here is day one. It was amongst all of these cars that someone pointed to my unicycle (V8) and said - That is the coolest thing I've ever see - Ha!

:laughbounce2:

I took my V5F to a car show about three months ago; it got more attention that any car there. I think many people instantly understand such a device is fantastic for parking and riding, as there was little parking for blocks and blocks around.

11 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I think many people instantly understand such a device is fantastic for parking and riding, as there was little parking for blocks and blocks around.

You are not kidding! It proved useful every single day I was there for just that reason. The EUCs allowed me to grab the cheap parking and avoid the waiting in lines and avoid the traffic hassles that accompany most event entrances. It proved to be the quickest way to get into and away from every crouded event there. :efee6b18f3:

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Nice.

Something I suffer with myself with the V8. How to park it. It has a tendency to fall over when not turned on :) 

@SuperSport's MSuper looks great. I also like the horns/bumpers on the front that serve as a built-in stand. The rich cobalt blue colour scheme, EL blue trim around the side panels, as well as replacement of the cheap rear light cover with a smoked lens, and repainting of the garish red eye socket up front, really complete the package. Unfortunately, the time and expense for the makeover, combined with the inevitable electrical repairs/modifications, require more effort and resources than I am willing to expend. I estimate that a fully loaded V3S+ costs well over $2,500 with all the mods, and more than 20+ hours for all the preventative electrical interventions, or post-mortem repairs. Still tempting though, until a worthy successor comes along. 

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

On 8/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

You're quite fast on these roads with your Monster. On camera, speed always looks so slow, but yours looked very respectable. What would you say was your speed on the main roads?

When I'm on my Monster, average speed (excluding take-offs and stopping for peds) on streets is at 27~32mph. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Sven said:

When I'm on my Monster, average speed (excluding take-offs and stopping for peds) on streets is at 27~32mph. 

OMG.  I don't know how you guys do it.  The ACM16 weights like a ton to me.  Everything time I hit a bump it hurts from the weight of the machine wanting to knock me off.  Most of the time, I'm fighting just to stay on it.

The ACM is definitely more grounded, stable, powerful than the V8.  It definitely gives a better ride.  If I'm lucky enough to avoid all that Gotway problems.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Citi Wheel said:

Nice long smooth shots!

"You" were the guy with the grey shirt, white GT16 and the stick-gimbal-camera thing? I was watching another video of this ride yesterday, and was going crazy because you seemed familiar (never a clear shot, so never really sure if and why that was actually the case):D

Not my video - Another rider's video of the same New York City ride.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

OMG.  I don't know how you guys do it.  The ACM16 weights like a ton to me.  Everything time I hit a bump it hurts from the weight of the machine wanting to knock me off.  Most of the time, I'm fighting just to stay on it.

The ACM is definitely more grounded, stable, powerful than the V8.  It definitely gives a better ride.  If I'm lucky enough to avoid all that Gotway problems.

The ACM is figuratively glued to the ground. It does not try to throw you off, your body just won't follow well enough and tries to bounce away - so blame yourself, not the wheel:P

Hope you'll get rid of your dips and have no other problems (would not know which that would be tbh).

Had the opportunity to try a V8 recently, and was surprised how less stable, harder to balance/more twitchy it is (which can be a good or bad thing). The wide ACM stance really makes it easier to control.

• Upvote 1

I was recently thinking "maybe he could at least save the pedals...". Not even that:mellow:

later edit: Wow, what a mess! Looks like both impact+salt water (opening up and maybe damaging the sealed battery, and then extra conductive water getting in) were both necessary to start a fire. And only a part of the battery failed (could be one electrically directly connected 20s block?), which is very reassuring that one bad cell/spot won't blow up the entire thing (even with water getting to the rest):thumbup:

Great tear down video Marty! Very informative, and you could almost smell it:cry2:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@YoshiSkySun was kind enough to give me his crash and burned ACM, for spare parts :facepalm: My final collection of retrieved parts was much smaller than I had anticipated. This video provides a closer look at what happens to an ACM that careens off a river trail at 20+ mph into a saltwater river. Sorry Yoshi :crying:

Great informative autopsy! This is the first time I have seen @YoshiSkySun in a wheelchair! Get well soon buddy!

I love the blue gloves Marty. Never know if Yoush's ACM picked up some contaminated hypodermic needles tumbling down the rocks.;)

I believe you are correct that the initial fire started from a direct trauma to the pack and not an electrical short from the infiltration of water. My wife's new KS 14C was underwater for over an hour and there was not indication of a short.

We need to start an EUC Museum topic and display Yorsi's wheel as the first entry. 

• Upvote 2