THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

14 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Sidestreet Reny

I am really happy that you got some Support from KingSong! You deserve it!

I really appreciate that man @KingSong69! I am really proud to be down with KS and stoked even more they think what I do is dope at all! If ya hadn't noticed yet I'm starved for attention...thats probably why I make up new tricks. hehe Lol! 

Btw. Is a kingsong69 a position for two horny EUC's? :facepalm: 

I know I'm a dork, I just had to say it. B)

• Upvote 3

On 8/9/2017 at 3:58 AM, Jean (nhut) said:

wow, you were going really fast backwards with no helmet or any protection.  I've seen someone fall backwards, but that was at night.  I've tried sitting on the king song 16 and wasn't able to because it was so uncomfortable.  how are you able to sit on it?

• Upvote 3

On 6/25/2017 at 11:12 AM, SuperSport said:

Actually, riding UP the Back side of Lombard is MUCH harder than riding up the winding side.  The winding side is 16% grade.  The back side is 22%.  But strangely enough, Lombard is neither the Most Crooked, or Steepest Street in SF.  I have a friend that lives on California Street, and he rides it every day on his InMotion V5.  And THAT is not even the steepest in SF.  Here is a photo of California St.  When I ride with our SF Group, I meet him here and we ride this on our MSupers.  Up and Down.  When I first rode this street, it was nerve wracking, but now it's a non issue.  We ride even steeper hills regularly.

Nob-Hill.jpg

"When I first rode this street, it was nerve wracking, but now it's a non issue.  We ride even steeper hills regularly."

SuperSport's comment gave me courage. While riding a new route, I discovered the "new" steepest street in my neighborhood a couple of months ago. It's super steep and super long. I have been afraid of burning out my wheel on this hill because of the severe steepness for a long distance. I have been riding down this hill regularly since I discovered it, and the MSuper V2 handles that easily. I really wanted to try going up, but with all of the hill horror stories lately, I thought it was too risky. However, after SuperSport's comment, I decided to try. Within a few feet of starting the hill, the load on the wheel was the heaviest I have experienced. My worry seemed to be confirmed, that if I lean hard into this and try to climb straight up, I might burn out the wheel. So I slalomed, and I was amazed how easily the MSuper V2 climbed! It was an exciting moment to discover the wheel was able to reach the top of this intimidating hill.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

SuperSport's comment gave me courage...    ...However, after SuperSport's comment, I decided to try...   ...I was amazed how easily the MSuper V2 climbed! It was an exciting moment to discover the wheel was able to reach the top of this intimidating hill.

Thank you Max for the shout out.  But please do keep in mind that not all GotWay's are made Equally.  My friends and I happen to have solid wheels, or we've already made the needed changes in them.  I hope you also have a solid wheel and run into no trouble, but as we've heard, it's a hit and miss affair with GotWay.  The hill I referred to in that image is probably steeper than anything most riders will run into on their travels though, so I doubt people will have issues if they don't tackle a hill like that one, or try to ride too long up a less steep hill.

It sounds like you used sound judgement and did the slalom and did fine.  I have a feeling you can go straight up that hill, but without being there in person, I really cannot say that for sure.  I do know that San Francisco has some of the steepest streets in the US, and we've conquered them all. ;)

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

The Electric Unicycle Pedal Grind is a trick that I invented in February 2016 and this video shows some of the best pedal grinds and some new variations I have come up with.  As usual my original music is the sound track and I'm riding the King Song KS14D and The KS14B. Thanx for watchin' y'all!

There's the reverse pedal slide!  I must have seen it before and it got stuck in my mind.  Great video and great music!

• Upvote 1

Just now, steve454 said:

There's the reverse pedal slide!  I must have seen it before and it got stuck in my mind.  Great video and great music!

Thanx again @steve454 for watchin'. Yeah, it was in my contest video too. I still wanna hit it riding backwards the whole time though.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Whoa, what is this?  It was in @Sidestreet Reny's video thumbnails.  The music sucks, but this looks like an MSuper with part of the shell cut off.

Man yer right that music REALLY does suck!! How hard is it to find music that actually suites the things that are being done in the video, and not just stick a nursery song in there to fill the background? Hey @steve454 your gonna get me in trouble. :o "Yo, It wasn't posted by me KS, I swear!" :D LOL. 

Looks kinda neat with the big ass tire I guess. I'm really surprised they are back again, after abandoning their customers and distributers for the last 3 years? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Man yer right that music REALLY does suck!! How hard is it to find music that actually suites the things that are being done in the video, and not just stick a nursery song in there to fill the background? Hey @steve454 your gonna get me in trouble. :o "Yo, It wasn't posted by me KS, I swear!" :D LOL. 

Looks kinda neat with the big ass tire I guess. I'm really surprised they are back again, after abandoning their customers and distributers for the last 3 years? 

Me, too, that's why it seems fake.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2017 at 10:30 AM, SuperSport said:

I have a feeling you can go straight up that hill, but without being there in person, I really cannot say that for sure.  I do know that San Francisco has some of the steepest streets in the US, and we've conquered them all.

Probably so, since even though this is the steepest, longest hill I know of in my area, I doubt it equals SF hills. But when I felt how hard I would have to lean, and seeing how long the wheel would have to sustain this load, I decided to be content with slalom. This was a victory in itself, since for 2 months I was afraid to even try slaloming this hill!

1 hour ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Hey folks it's Sidestreet Reny aka "Mr. O.G. Pedalgrinder" EUC Street Trick Rider. The Electric Unicycle Pedal Grind is a trick that I invented in February 2016 and this video shows some of the best pedal grinds and some new variations I have come up with.  As usual my original music is the sound track and I'm riding the King Song KS14D and The KS14B. Thanx for watchin' y'all!

These are great tricks, and I love the music, too.  

Can you confirm, that for you to be able to grind successfully, that you need to trap the wheel/tire against the obstacle to prevent the wheel from free-spinning?  That strikes me as a tough/complicated part of the trick.  Thanks for posting!

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, dpong said:

These are great tricks, and I love the music, too.  

Can you confirm, that for you to be able to grind successfully, that you need to trap the wheel/tire against the obstacle to prevent the wheel from free-spinning?  That strikes me as a tough/complicated part of the trick.  Thanks for posting!

Yo @dpong The best thing is, if you land properly you are level with the obstacle, so if the pedal is sitting flat on the obstacle then you are straight up and down and if your straight up and down then the wheel stops spinning while your off the ground (same on long or high jumps). Of course if your grinding down a slanted obstacle then ya better drag the tire or slide quick. ;) It also matters what wheel your riding, on some wheels the case won't let you even make contact with the tire while grinding anyway. After a ton of Pedal Grinds my KS14D case was eventually ground down...now the tire can touch. Ultimately, dragging the tire too much can just slow you down or stop you all together.

You can see the clips in my fail video what happens sometimes.

Not sure what you are riding but the KS14D when held straight up and down stops spinning until you land and lean again. Also stops when it tips over, that rules! 

• Upvote 1