THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The lens is a fish eye which, for these videos , is pointed straight up

Ah, I thought so.  Fish eye lens.  I wonder what is the opposite of that?  Fish eye lenses are cool. but is the opposite much different?

3 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Try this 360fly too. Army special forces (black daggers) joining up (stacking) chutes in flight at the end.

Oops...the video is app specific and doesn't run outside of the 360fly app interface

On 7/29/2017 at 0:13 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Exellent drone footage!  Looks like a pretty interesting place.  They could do with a re-paving of the track.  Did you do a full lap?  Take any telemetry?

Sorry for the late reply Hunka. Secretary problems!

The track is fine for their purpose of vehicle testing. It is not technically a race track. I can't even imagine what repaving would cost. I was told to use the inside lane. The outer lanes looked rougher.

Yes 3 full laps total. On one lap  I got half way around and my drone quit following me. It just sat their hovering 10 feet above my head.  So I went back to the home base and signaled the drone to return.

Telemetry was my initial goal but their was simply too much going on with the drone problem,  the gimbal camera going nuts because of the wind and the wheel log not responding,

I need to go back and just use their  20 and 30 % graded hills for a few hours. I also need to limit my battery charge to 80% so any downhill testing on those size slopes does not cause the BMS to cutout from excessive regenerative power.

• Upvote 3

On 7/31/2017 at 7:51 PM, yourtoys7 said:

My 1st attempt at recording on new gopro and trying to edit...

Good perspective. Which GoPro are you using - looks like it has image stabilization.

21 hours ago, Pasi said:

My journey from job to home (not the whole lenght). Sorry, but video quality is bad (forgot change quality in phone) and it is too long and boring (no music etc.).

I can ride 9km on bike lanes, total distance is 9.5km one way.

Love it!  Looks amazing.  Glad you get to enjoy every day.

17 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Turning the 360fly (camera) upside down, fixing the point of view and adding some music to an otherwise bright and sunny day ride video through Old Marblehead sums it up for this attempt. The video handles like any other video after exporting the 'follow me' path version from the 360 native video.

Nice! It may be the camera that makes it looks fast, but that were some quite close gaps between parked and driving cars you went through, quite fast.

I like how such a 360 camera seems to be a good alternative to classic action cams. Just choose your field of view (as I understand it) and go. How long can you record with one battery charge?

Seems your shoulder is ok again?

Edited by meepmeepmayer