THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Probably the water didn't get in due to the wheels moving forward. If they had stood still in there, pretty sure the water would have flown in through the pedal arm channel (there's a small slit there) and board, motor connectors, battery connectors etc would have necessarily been (partially) underwater. I don't think any coating alone would have been enough then. Coatings are for small drops and condensation, not actually electronics being submerged where every square millimeter would have to be protected for this to work out.

@Rehab1 Why did Marty throw away a KS18?;) *nitpick police*

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Todd’s wheel has the hydrophobic spray on the board (Video Below). That will keep the board safe even when submerged for long periods, but the batteries would have been in danger since they were not coated.

If you watch the video, I actually did stop in the middle with my pedals under water for about a minute.  I then rode through the deeper portion where my feet were totally submerged.  

When I arrived home, I opened my wheel to inspect, and not even a drop of water had entered the wheel. The other guys also inspected theirs and found no signs of entry. That was surprising to me as I also thought that slot on the bottom was an opening. In reality, if you look closely, it’s designed to be a seal. 

I’ve also ridden in hurricane rain conditions with Todd for hours at a time and also not had any water ingress issues.

With all that said, I am NOT recommending anyone else try what we did on those rides. I was full aware when I did it, that it might have turned out differently. 

I just noticed all the links are gone from your signature.:(  I wanted to find the paint mod you did on the ninebot.

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I just noticed all the links are gone from your signature.:(  I wanted to find the paint mod you did on the ninebot.

I believe they still show on a PC browser. Is that not the case?

• Upvote 1

Just now, SuperSport said:
1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Not on mine, it's the same laptop with windows 7 that I have always used.  Maybe I need to log out and back in.

I’ll go to a PC in a moment and check. 

I think it's something I might have changed accidently on my computer.  I just realized I can't see my signature or anyone elses now.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I think it's something I might have changed accidently on my computer.  I just realized I can't see my signature or anyone elses now.

You might have hit "Hide all signatures" on accident.

Click your Username on top right of a page.  Click Account Settings, then click Signature on the left side.  Turn on "View Signatures?".

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hey I finally found some people who ride slower than me!  :w00t2:

That was very weird. Looks like someone just bought a camera that could do slo-mo and hasn't yet realized that it's best when used very selectively.

Should I film my next group ride entirely in slow motion? I could make it about 4 hours long :D

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That was great, love slow mo.  At :52 seconds there is a guy with antennas (light pole behind him) at 1:58 the star of the movie ( the read head woman) at 3:09 the wheel that guy was riding had super low pedals.  Poland looks beautiful.:popcorn:

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That was great, love slow mo.  At :52 seconds there is a guy with antennas (light pole behind him) at 1:58 the star of the movie ( the read head woman) at 3:09 the wheel that guy was riding had super low pedals.  Poland looks beautiful.:popcorn:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There are lots of people who ride slower than you!:)

35976771903_92bae12328.jpg

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Should I film my next group ride entirely in slow motion? I could make it about 4 hours long :D

Sure if you supply the beer and:popcorn:

• Upvote 1

Just now, steve454 said:

I don't remember that scene,saw the movie a long time ago.  It's on my Netflix list again!

Very beginning of the movie when he leaves the convention early and catches the wife in bed dressed sexy only to find out there's other people there with her.  Then this dude rings the doorbell......................................

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That was very weird. Looks like someone just bought a camera that could do slo-mo and hasn't yet realized that it's best when used very selectively.

:popcorn: Well there was that one part at 1:48 where they traveled at warp speed to the fountain and the other at 4:29 ...  Good to see larger groups of people riding around.  It was interesting to see no one wearing any helmets, knee pads, or gloves of any sort except for the one guy.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It was interesting to see no one wearing any helmets, knee pads, or gloves of any sort.  :rolleyes:

Now that you mention it......:mellow:  What's the deal with all these riders not wearing pads?:huh:  None of them ever fell off?  :w00t2:

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Now that you mention it......:mellow:  What's the deal with all these riders not wearing pads?:huh:  None of them ever fell off?  :w00t2:

I'm very confused.  If I was riding an inmotion V3 I would have jumped off with no padding, yet they seem to be enjoying themselves.  Europe.................:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

If I was riding an inmotion V3 I would have jumped off with no padding, yet they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Oh, yeah, I was wondering what that guy was doing, it looked like he was trying a trick or something.