THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

27 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

We are talking tenths here. How much of those tenths are won/lost in the actual launching of the euc?

You are right...that are only tenth...

Nonetheless it is crazy, that the 18S...67volt...against the v3....84 volt...even can hold with (and be better)..

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Demian B said:

I laughed out loud both times I watched the part where you whiz by with arms crossed and tilted just so.  ??  Was that an homage to Run DMC?

That's so funny :D I was paying homage, but unfortunately not to RUN DMC. @Jason McNeil has been known to ride in that style so I was just having a little fun in that regards.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Nonetheless it is crazy, that the 18S...67volt...against the v3....84 volt...even can hold with (and be better)..

Very true. The KS 18 is an impressive wheel. I can’t wait for the new shorter body. Hoping it’s sexy. 

Just now, eddiemoy said:

Will try with full gear on.  Lol

You’re gonna need an airbag. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Come On, Marty! we all know that a16inch delivers more torque...so just to ask to get a ACM into this race is not very fair!

Thats btw what i have achieved-more clearly- when comparing the 18S to my v3 67V! ....

the v3 67volt got -really- no chance...today, when my 18S runs out of battery, i even had a small crash on my v3 as i was (used to the 18S hardness) leaning to much in on the V3, and because of that had an overlean.....

And no....thats no fanboism, everyone who is doubting that, i can only advise to test the 18S....

Thanx @eddiemoy for this nice comparison.....

I was just joking. I assume that the ACM would be faster, but it would be interesting to see the difference between the ACM and the 18 inch wheels.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Very true. The KS 18 is an impressive wheel. I can’t wait for the new shorter body. Hoping it’s sexy. 

You’re gonna need an airbag. 

You all should really experience the power personally...the most i feel this crazy power, when trying to lift it up.

when not holding it perfectly centered it directly gets out of control..i dont think you can make an wheel much more powerfull or more reactive!

On slippy grounds i have to be careful not to make the wheel spin when accelerating...really no joke!

Before I always thought the handle button on the IM's was a good gimmick...but on the 18S i really would appreciate that! nearly impossible to lift the wheel up wthout getting it out of control....

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

You all should really experience the power personally...the most i feel this crazy power, when trying to lift it up.

when not holding it perfectly centered it directly gets out of control..i dont think you can make an wheel much more powerfull or more reactive!

On slippy grounds i have to be careful not to make the wheel spin when accelerating...really no joke!

Before I always thought the handle button on the IM's was a good gimmick...but on the 18S i really would appreciate that! nearly impossible to lift the wheel up wthout getting it out of control....

I made the mistake of trying to pick it up when I thought I turned it off to put it in the trunk.  When I realized and tried to put it down, it was burning rubber!   Very powerful indeed. I wonder if the windings between the two motors are different.  Same power but I would think if it has different number of stators or windings per stator is different even if they are both rated at 1500w would make a difference in acceleration and too end speed. Kind of like the crystlyte Phoenix hub motors.   They have them made for different applications.  Hill climbing or top speed. Since theses are hub motors and single speed, it is either on or the other or somewhere inbetween.  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Indeed. Wasn't aware of the technical differences between both models.

21 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Will try with full gear on.  Lol

That's extra weight. You would need to do all others again too then :P 

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I made the mistake of trying to pick it up when I thought I turned it off to put it in the trunk.  When I realized and tried to put it down, it was burning rubber!   

I made a similar beginners mistake (I knew it was turned on, ... hence beginners mistake) on a gravel parking 

:popcorn:

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I made a similar beginners mistake (I knew it was turned on, ... hence beginners mistake) on a gravel parking 

:popcorn:

Me too, only I did my early training in my hallway as it was raining for days, trying to get rubber marks off of our wooden  parquet flooring before my wife saw them was not one of my better days.

Of course, eventually you learn that if you do accidentally lift it powered up then you keep it off of the ground until the high speed cut-off has shut down the power.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I would love to experience the wheel.  I let KS know they could send me a wheel to demo, but I just checked my deck, and it still has not arrived...

I learned a long time ago to never lift while it's running.  Or, you can balance it if you are careful.

33 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

It's the sign of freedom Riders.

Are those Skateboards?  So 2016... ;)

7 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Pretty soon you'll have ads for New Balance in your videos.:innocent1:

Good idea. I think EUC videos are perfect platforms for show advertisements. Or I could rent the side of my shoe for advertisements. Figuring out the rates could be tricky :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I thought so!  How do you get the coming and going shots?  That is a cool effect.

Ride towards the camera. Return to the camera, rotate 180 degrees, then repeat the camera ride-by to film the retreating shot. All the 3rd person shots add a lot of setup time, but as long as I'm riding I'm having fun :D

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Ride towards the camera. Return to the camera, rotate 180 degrees, then repeat the camera ride-by to film the retreating shot. All the 3rd person shots add a lot of setup time, but as long as I'm riding I'm having fun :D

Don't forget all of the underpaid roadies hailing your gear around!  ;)

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Join me on a California sunset ride with my MSuper

Next time get at least 3 people to place and carry those stationary cameras! ... Will shorten this beautiful video work  to about 45 minutes ... and then you have to edit it ... still ... and still thanks for this inspiring work!!

20 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

@GoinPostal

So you got an artifical canal and a natural river running along each other in the same valley  (01:10)?! 
The USA gots it all ... Damn it! ... Somebody post an equally impressive video from somewhere else in the world quick!

Edited by Roland