THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

That’s a crazy shot right there. ?

I don't have my protractor near by but the angle is approaching 30 degrees.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/31/2017 at 8:12 PM, eddiemoy said:

The king song doesn't do this at all...  It cuts off with no wheel spin.

I wish my MSuper V2 would cut off with no wheel spin. One time it fell, the wheel continued spinning, and the EUC bounced wildly numerous times on the pavement before it finally stopped.

Get out and ride is a giant leap in skills and video production. @Marty Backe Is keeping up with the Inmotion France guys with this one. Great to see you no longer have to reverse the motion of the film to do that backwards riding! Outstanding! There is hope in seeing you accomplish it that this backwards challenged rider may too accomplish it. :thumbup:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

"Get out and ride":thumbup: I wish I could, cold and rain here suddenly...

When is the 14S fun ride video coming, now that your Gotways have been covered?

Fedex is delivering it this Tuesday :clap3:

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Get out and ride is a giant leap in skills and video production. @Marty Backe Is keeping up with the Inmotion France guys with this one. Great to see you no longer have to reverse the motion of the film to do that backwards riding! Outstanding! There is hope in seeing you accomplish it that this backwards challenged rider may too accomplish it. :thumbup:

I don't know about that, but thanks, I appreciate it :D

30 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Here is another one of my original single trick videos in a whole collection of tricks I've made up over the last 13 months. This one features the "1 Foot Spin Into Shove-it" I decided to split (and or rerecord) all my originals into single trick videos so people can check out tricks one at a time if they want to. In the process of redoing some of my previous video trick collections that were filmed on other unicycles, on my KingSong KS14D. :ph34r: Stay tuned. Enjoy 

With a pedal scrape!  I still can't do one legged riding.:angry:  Maybe I am too tall,and heavy, or maybe not athletic enough.:angry:  But  it's great to watch pro's do things. I love to watch great videos!  I can try, it looks like fun!

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:
360 video#1
Ninebot One E+ ride along the Marblehead Causeway - 360fly video

360video#2
Chandler Hovey park, Marblehead, Massachusetts - 360fly video

I guess 360 camera's don't have video stabilization?  I wonder how it would look with a 3 axis gimbal.  what 360 camera are you using?

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I guess 360 camera's don't have video stabilization?  I wonder how it would look with a 3 axis gimbal.

The 360fly camera produces a spherical 2880x2880 frame.

To post any 360 video to YouTube you must first convert to an aspect ratio of 2:1 (equirectangular) at (for 360fly) 3840x1920 (or lower) and then 'inject' a metadata using a tool.. I think the 360fly lens sees 240 degrees in 360. If you don't do the equirectangular conversion & upload with the app you must 'inject' metadata with a Google software tool to your equirectangular so that it is recognized as 360 for YouTube processing. Processing to equirectangular takes awhile and the short video along the causeway was a 475 MB upload, followed by a separate processing step on YouTube before it goes live.

There are a bunch of 360fly tutorials on the net that show how to do mods with the flat file before uploading to YouTube as a 360. I suppose you could run a deshake program on the flat file (producing a smaller file with a 2:1 aspect ratio) but I'm not really sure. I don't think I've read about deshaking a 360 video anywhere on the net.

A 3 axis gimbal can run a few hundred $.

I saw a really expensive 360 camera in NYC at B&H. The sharpness and color were outstanding in the floor monitor of a water rapids float shoot in an orange shaded canyon.:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1337785-REG/garmin_010_01743_00_virb_360_action_camera.html

Garmin Virb 360

You can stop a 360 YouTube video at any point of interest an pan around the frame. which obviously is motionless.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
add content
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

video stabilization?

One issue I found playing around with FFMPEG processing of the equirectangular export is that the metadata can get messed up by the third party software when  for example you rotate the video by 180 degrees and find that the resulting 360 video file rotates along the wrong axis. If you look for them carefully in the Desktop app you can do just about all you might need to satisfy video cravings (visual effects, audio, video speed adjustments).

I was playing around with FFMPEG because I hadn't found the video effects tab located on the lower right corner of the app. Problem solved via live chat with 360fly!

The video looks better (more focused) on YouTube playback at higher resolutions in YouTube. The source files are generally sharper than the uploaded 360 videos.

I'm clearly new to the possible 360 video processing ideas which use 3rd party software.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
add content

3 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

You can stop a 360 YouTube video at any point of interest an pan around the frame. which obviously is motionless.

I didn't know you had to stop the video before panning, that explains why it was jumping around and stopping the playback.^_^