THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

KingSong 14s factory test (ramp test is awesome)

42196.png

With the advent of the ‘S’ series, King Song have refined this, with 8 variable maximum speeds depending on the voltage level:

• 100-31% = 30kph max
  • 30-26% = 29kph max
  • 25-21% = 28kph max
  • 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max
  • 9-5% = 21kph max
  • 5-1% = 20kph max
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

42196.png

With the advent of the ‘S’ series, King Song have refined this, with 8 variable maximum speeds depending on the voltage level:

• 100-31% = 30kph max
  • 30-26% = 29kph max
  • 25-21% = 28kph max
  • 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max
  • 9-5% = 21kph max
  • 5-1% = 20kph max

This guy is any taller and hes ramming his head into the roof on those tests.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My first KS14S ride :D

Nice ride.  Marty, did you get a chance to check your top speed?  Was there much tilt back?  I'd like to get this wheel to add to my collection, so I'm looking forward to your review/thoughts.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a big disappointment, but @Jason McNeil is pretty confident that KingSong will be releasing a firmware update within a few weeks that will remedy this.

To me, this sounds almost like your wheel has a problem with the battery. Like it's not delivering enough current and thus voltage drops under load, causing these extreme limits. Can Jason reproduce this on other units of the same type? In fact, can anyone on this forum ack this behavior of the 14S? Can someone from KingSong drop a note and say, yes, that's intended behavior, or no, this wheel has a hardware problem? I can't believe that all 14S are like that. Neither the 16S nor the 18S do this. They ride at full speed for a long time, as others here have stated already.

I guess there was no documentation coming with the wheel talking about the characteristics of the speed limit...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Christoph Zens said:

• 100-31% = 30kph max
  • 30-26% = 29kph max
  • 25-21% = 28kph max
  • 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max
  • 9-5% = 21kph max
  • 5-1% = 20kph max

This is from Jason's Website...and i dont know where he has this numbers from. Perhaps from a future Firmware?

In the Moment it should be on 60Volt (50%) starting to drop down.to 20kmh.this was also confirmed in the Video of @Henrik Olsen

Marty'y wheel is a real bummer...Speed reducement on 75% is nonsens

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

Wow, that doesn't sound right. I would definitely push to get this resolved. It must be a bug. Did you see the table @Bob Eisenman had posted in this thread recently? I don't know where he got this information from, but it makes much more sense than what your wheel is doing to you right now. Let me quote it once again:

• 100-31% = 30kph max
  • 30-26% = 29kph max
  • 25-21% = 28kph max
  • 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max
  • 9-5% = 21kph max
  • 5-1% = 20kph max

So, you should still be able to go 16mph at 5-1% battery, not 8mph at 25%.

Edit: Just noticed that there is a typo in this table. It doesn't make sense to list 20-16, followed by 19-15 and 14-10. I guess 19-15 should go away and 14-10 should probably read 15-10  :confused1:

This table is what I am experiencing with my 18S. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Thanks. This table contains the same errors:

• 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max

I think Jason should review and fix this information. Oh, and as he posted this table to describe the 14S (as is available NOW), Marty should really be returning his wheel. It obviously doesn't deliver what the web site advertises.

Edited by Christoph Zens
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

That's what I think too. The most conservative firmware versions released by Gotway (in their early wheels) and KingSong (even today) start speed reduction at 50%. I don't think that there is a valid firmware out there that starts to limit at 75% capacity left. Also, reduction should stop at 20kph. This wheel must have some other problem. If I were @Marty Backe, I would try to get a replacement from @Jason McNeil.

I have patience. If there is a unique problem with my wheel I'm sure it'll get fixed.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I told Jason about my experience. He didn't directly comment about my observations, but he's showed me e-mails where he's really turning on the heat big time to get them to release new firmware.

I really doubt that there's a problem with the batteries. They have enough juice to move me 40 to 45 miles.

I'll wait to hear what other people report on their 14S (if I can find anyone else). I'm sure if there is ultimately something wrong with my specific unit Jason will take care of me.

You can ask @Henrik Olsen from Mr. Unbox...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I'll wait to hear what other people report on their 14S (if I can find anyone else). I'm sure if there is ultimately something wrong with my specific unit Jason will take care of me.

Yes, I'm sure that will be the case, no worries there. So maybe they messed up this particular firmware version? That's too bad. You seem to have a somewhat unlucky hand picking your wheels at times. I really hope everything will come out OK and you will be able to enjoy this wheel after all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, KingSong69 said:

You can ask @Henrik Olsen from Mr. Unbox...

I see that he visits the forum. @Henrik Olsen, if you see this message, can you confirm that your 14S does not have the highly restrictive speed controls like mine. For instance, at ~30% battery my wheel is limited to ~15km/h  And at ~70% - 80% battery I can no longer go maximum speed, only ~26km/h.

4 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Sounds like a 14c is about the same from the description. Looks real nice though. 

The 14C had no speed restrictions until <20% battery. It was a great wheel in terms of speed and power.

5 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

Wow, that doesn't sound right. I would definitely push to get this resolved. It must be a bug. Did you see the table @Bob Eisenman had posted in this thread recently? I don't know where he got this information from, but it makes much more sense than what your wheel is doing to you right now. Let me quote it once again:

• 100-31% = 30kph max
  • 30-26% = 29kph max
  • 25-21% = 28kph max
  • 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max
  • 9-5% = 21kph max
  • 5-1% = 20kph max

So, you should still be able to go 16mph at 5-1% battery, not 8mph at 25%.

Edit: Just noticed that there is a typo in this table. It doesn't make sense to list 20-16, followed by 19-15 and 14-10. I guess 19-15 should go away and 14-10 should probably read 15-10  :confused1:

The 14S would be perfect if it behaved like this table. It's almost like they implemented this table at 80% on the 14S and that's why it's down to 15km/h max at 30% battery.

I know that KingSong is safe and all, but I'd rather have the Gotway danger ;)

21 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

42196.png

• 100-31% = 30kph max
  • 30-26% = 29kph max
  • 25-21% = 28kph max
  • 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max
  • 9-5% = 21kph max
  • 5-1% = 20kph max

21 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

• 100-31% = 30kph max
  • 30-26% = 29kph max
  • 25-21% = 28kph max
  • 20-16% = 27kph max
  • 19-15% = 26kph max
  • 14-10% = 23kph max
  • 9-5% = 21kph max
  • 5-1% = 20kph max

Hi Bob, can you pls tell me who first realeased this date sheet? 

@Bob Eisenman

• Upvote 1