THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Excellent results, @EU GUY! May we hope you make your contraption available on thingiverse or similar eventually?

I was surprised to see those nasty surprises Norwegian roads seem to offer to a distracted EUC rider. Wow. Lettin' your concentration slip for a second and you go ballistic ... :o

I could post it on tingiverse, but its made spesific for my backpack :) ... 
Yes, some of the potholes can easily throw you off, but ive hit a few nasty ones on the msuper and just rolled out of them with little problems. The acm would not have let me live :)

Just now, ir_fuel said:

This looks really weird with the gimbal :) . It's like playing an FPS where they rendered the main character on top of the rest of the scene.

Every car-game on the Nintendo 64 ;D 

• Upvote 3

On 8/17/2017 at 4:08 AM, Marty Backe said:

I was bored, what can I say

The Many Faces of EUC Mounts

I exclusively use the left hop (sometimes smooth, sometimes not). I discovered accidentally that my left hops are smoother when I maintain a very upright body stance and look straight ahead instead of down. So I've been working on this as a method to have a higher percentage of smooth left hops. I do get the California roll occasionally. I never had this until my MSuper V2. I think the large pedal size is the reason sometimes my foot catches the pedal and flips it up.

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2017 at 0:50 AM, Hansolo said:

Ranco Baie de Somme

I liked how you did not let the rain stop your ride! I noticed some slippage in the mud. Recently I experienced this too. The mud filled in the spaces and grooves in the tread, making it effectively a smooth tire. I'd like to compare the tire provided by Gotway with a "knobby" tire like ATBs have and see if the mud performance is better.

12 hours ago, steve454 said:

The drone footage at about 2:50 till the end was awesome, you could really see how steep and high the mountains are.

Yes, the entire video was great, but the drone footage at the end really enhanced it. I saw several times the drone captured cyclists on the winding mountain road. I'd like to see EUC riders in similar footage.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Beautiful place to ride, but please wear that helmet......

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me around
Hey Satan, paid my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey mama, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land, whoo!
I'm on the highway to hell!
:thumbup::ph34r:
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A follow-me_360fly video of a slow trail ride on my Ninebot One E+ through the Hawthorn Pond Conservation Area in Marblehead, Massachusetts.

Great video, great trail!  How is the wider tire?  Spooky woods, but I like them.

Edited by steve454

Video clips from NYC.  The trail along the river (both side of Manhattan) is awesome.  Nice breeze from the river, shades from bridges and tress, lots of concrete to ride...

If you visit I highly recommend.

However, I did have one incident on the West side of the river.  At Pier 83, full of daylight, packed with people, I was waiting to cross the street with one foot on the pedal and the other on the concrete.  A pack of teen gangster (in my opinion), about 10+ male and female, rode really fast and took up the entire trail.  Bad luck that I happened to cross their path.  While waiting for the light, I did not suspect anything, one decided to come over tried to snatch my backpack off of my back.  The tug took me by surprise and made took a few steps back and dropped my ACM16.  And rode off quickly laughing.  Could have caught up to them but didn't think I can handle 10+.  I did report to the traffic safety person and he said he would report to NYPD.  Lots of NYPD everywhere but not where you need them.

This is similar to some of the stories people mentioned here.  I really didn't it would ever happen to me.

Anyways, just be alert.  A little reality check for me.  They're out there.

Edited by CaptainKBLS
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, steve454 said:

How is the wider tire?

Tire is 16 x 1.95 like the original. The tube is 16 x 2.125 from HoodRiderz as the replacement. Compatible with 16" Gotway , according to something I read.

The 360 video without 'follow me' viewpoint constraint  (2:1 cropped aspect by YouTube)  is sort of defocused (lots of leaves) relative to the 1:1 aspect video source on the camera. 

https://youtu.be/4Y7g3fiRIqo