THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

14 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Good to see you still enjoying riding. The entire area seems quite bumpy.

Thanks. 'Hanging ten' as they say. Bumpy, yes,  but typical for where I live. Wipeouts are an ever present threat. Urban development or reconstruction, for whatever reason, has its benefits in terms of EUC path riding. 

Getting the 400+ MB video file (large hd format) down to 640*360 with audio without using purchased video software is a data processing challenge that I tackle with 'FFMPEG'. I've been collecting various video command lines for use with the free software 'ffmpeg' for awhile. I took the angled (camera on handheld tripod) source video file (also correctable with ffmpeg) and applied some of the following lines of commands to produce the approximately 45 MB of resized YouTube video. YouTube didn't like the aspect ratio but ultimately allowed the upload since it was a small width video. To transfer the almost half GB source file (from a Kodak SL10) to the laptop I used an usb hd card reader. I use one similar too:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/451198/SuperSpeed_USB_30_Flash_Memory_Card_Reader

Processing of the source video file and upload to YouTube was done at Dunkin's public wifi. I'm sure that GoPro makes it both easier and clearer. The video is rather boring but rather typical in terms of what to expect for euc riding in my area. Watching 'Rick Steve's YouTube video of Munich and the Bavarian Alps was an interesting aside for me on the internet. 'Surfing' In Munich ! 

************commands to use to crop, resize video (A/V)  and rebuild the resized video with audio using ffmpeg*******

to convert video

ffmpeg -i vid2.mp4 vid2x.mp4

to extract audio

ffmpeg -i vid2x.mp4 -vn -acodec copy audio2x.aac

to crop video-audio

ffmpeg -i vid2x.mp4 -an -filter crop=320:270:5:160 vid2x320.mp4

to resize video-audio

ffmpeg -i vid2x320.mp4 -s 960x800 vid2x960.mp4

to extract video from video-audio mp4

ffmpeg -i vid2x960.mp4 -vcodec h264 -an video2wa-960.h264

to rebuild new video-audio.mp4 from audio.mp4 and video-no-audio.mp4

ffmpeg -i video2wa-960.h264 -i audio2x.aac new.mp4

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Watching 'Rick Steve's YouTube video of Munich and the Bavarian Alps was an interesting aside for me on the internet. 'Surfing' In Munich !

Oh hey I know these Rick Steves videos.

And yep, Eisbach surfing is a thing.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

More people may enjoy this different view of my recent MSuper V3s+ crash. I was able to make a nice slow-motion film of the crash, with sound. You can very clearly see the back-and-forth oscillation that develops and the single cut-out beep that throws me from the wheel. Seeing my feet fly through the air is an added bonus. Very entertaining :D

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A typical sidewalk ride on the EUC to the neighborhood Dunkin Donuts. New sidewalk has improved the 5 1/2 minute ride. 

The new sidewalk is much wider and smoother, but why so many unfinished sections?  Looks like good weather up there.

20 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A typical sidewalk ride on the EUC to the neighborhood Dunkin Donuts. New sidewalk has improved the 5 1/2 minute ride. 

so much better than walking!

A ride along Aliso Creek Bikeway on my Gotway MSuper V3.  Recorded with DJI Osmo.  Edited with Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve 14.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That camera makes nice smooth pictures (guess that's what it's made for). Is it good at low light (because it's so small aka small sensor)?

It does do well in low light also, considering the sensor size and cost.

On 2017-06-22 at 1:25 PM, Sven said:

@Marty Backe @Sven Hey I was meaning to ask you guys - what did you think of that Robstep electric bike?

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-robstep-x1-electric-bike-ebike-scooter/

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Marty Backe @Sven Hey I was meaning to ask you guys - what did you think of that Robstep electric bike?

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-robstep-x1-electric-bike-ebike-scooter/

It was OK, but I'm not the target market for this. I could never see myself using any kind of e-bike like this.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I get a kick out of pics shot with lenses that make ordinary things look like toys.

Yeah, makes it look small.  In reality, it's a very large bike.  People thinks it's a motorcycle all the time.

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It was OK, but I'm not the target market for this. I could never see myself using any kind of e-bike like this.

Don't be a party pooper Marty! Think how much fun it will be heading up Brokebacke Mountain on an E-bike when you are 90! :P

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Here's my E-Bike.  I LOVE these.  It's definitely not as portable though. ;)

wEEz_bPzk-J9YT9f0QYTOlARG82dds4CMt9J_lFy1tzgxLWQ8W0eYl86Eq9rAfUFYH3TPYZymxtbASE3TzFBxWS7QjGKDsBQJwWT30iVPzVwtTGPX8c-4GtufNxTWJXZhHWBXXC0oZbqW4vJKm4uQG_m3QBUqoAhTEuaVVp5EUAV_q3x6cyEmLylHMdRIHdrAweizn4ySR4NH93rp8Td7wbYXpYnFD3ZNkjV9bFyUJnOLCN2YVt8E2VJeHB9BBBX37ENmi_ryQ1f6ukaXWtwtDkwUZ964p9DYZSszlM-wHFhKpGFjuo1kA1ee-mhsCsbxqzbB6vQViszNS3qzegmEiErOgO2a7yCQyaE9-lMT9dCE9T4CI3BFpYIKQCGYbz7PhCEvodXPwIZ5je1IDeDNt7MlE-3XdbS5SicGb76TQmErZW8p2ULjjBVBXhnRnrsodFbzWe2nbrzYRsLiiLj7sv-_pbB2DmTEJH3vAWmqtwZil0MHbYhQG8jRWkYUXaU__UDym23LA9YasiFTNe7KDfZuiG0pYX7RW23kaWIqMbbGiutNL930RPm1aTWtehqZ1POq7-HN5znh_O-lY6yIKJMzvp4EzT2rDq81qvsTb9rJGJ23PT8ZQ=w1299-h974-no

SS, I can't see your E-Bike.