THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

You had both?  Lucky!!  You probably also got the Honda Elsinore 250 later too, right?  That was cutting edge at the time, beautiful motocross bike.

Had the CR125, CR250 and XR500.  The CR's when I was teens. The XR I was older in my 20's.

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, SuperSport said:

Figured I better throw in a video so I don't get booted from this thread...

That thumbnail looks vaguely like a scene from aYoutube video of a group of riders who went across bridge at the SF bay to Sausalito for a quick recharge at a coffee shop before a return ride to SF and this steep road section. 

Edited by Bob Eisenman
Spelling

Just now, Bob Eisenman said:

That thumbnail looks vaguely like a scene from aYoutube video of a group of riders who went across bridge at the SF bay to Sausilito for a quick recharge at a coffee shop before a return ride to SF and this steep road section. 

That was us too.  Same group.  Awesome rides with these guys.  We cannot ride across the bridge anymore, at least not legally.  They stopped us last time.  Had Police with their lights flashing waiting for us when we got there.  Said it's a Felony if we get caught again, but they let us go with a warning that one last time.  I don't think we'll do it anymore.  There are cameras on the bridge so they know when we're there.

• Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, Marty Backe said:

Seeing my feet fly through the air

In the video frames just after the one posted here you can see your knees unflex (feet moving down) as you move over a drop (water drainage dip?) between the road and the sidewalk. It looks like a smooth transition but your knees tell a different story. You probably already know of the dip you encountered.

26240.PNG

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I followed this trip on Facebook, and now I'm loving watching your compilation videos of it too... I'm in absolute awe of your mission!

How much planning went into determining your route?

• Did you just choose quiet roads and plan for a maximum range per day, or was it driven by car in advance to check everything would work? 
  • Did you need to organise charging stations, or did you limit range to one charge per day?
  • And was there a support vehicle (mostly) following you, or did you need to be "self-contained" with everything you needed?

I so need to get a better wheel and wander around New Zealand...

- The first 150-200 kilometers were a little marked, after Wikiloc trace was made on the day the day

- No point of load defined in advance, not a refusal when we asked (the french charm...). In general we drove 100 km per day, except the second day 140 km.

- No team car, all was in our backpack, but it was a road trip of luxury with hotel every night

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

A rear view Mirror (but closed on the picture) the brand is rearviz (from Australia)

Very nice! I am going to see if such a mirror is available in USA!

arm2.jpg

Edited by MaxLinux

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

When I ride with our SF Group, I meet him here and we ride this on our MSupers.  Up and Down.  When I first rode this street, it was nerve wracking, but now it's a non issue.  We ride even steeper hills regularly.

Wow, that would make a great MSuper sales video!

4 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Wow, that would make a great MSuper sales video!

Making a msuper V3 (or ACM) sales video with the hill climbing abilities would be downright criminal:) at least if you don't mention the restrictions.

The GW wheels can comfortably do 20% or more inclines, but after a few minutes (depending on the actually produced current) the wire insulation melts because the wires get too hot. And the wheel won't warn you, just short and cut out on you. So these streets would be fine (they're not that long, after all), but nobody should get the impression that longer steep inclines are a good idea - they certainly are the guaranteed opposite of a good idea if you don't make enough preemptive breaks to allow the wiring to cool down.

Just saying:) I know you don't plan to make an msuper sales video, but tbh every video of ACM/msuper V3 on >10% inclines should come with that warning.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Ok what the hell is a Moo Hoo? I googled and found this

I think Banggood sold them a while ago.  They had modular battery packs that were easily removable.  It was another one of the myriad of generic wheels produced.  TJCooper had some battery issues causing cutoffs early on while learning to ride likely due to some inferior cells in the pack..

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, steve454 said:

Cow and Owl?

MoHoo 132Wh Portable Electric Unicycle Draw Bar Type Electric Scooter

Excellent feel of rushing ride! Maximum speed can reach up to 18 km/h, just like flying in the wind!

MoHooUnicycle.jpg

https://www.banggood.com/132Wh-Portable-Electric-Unicycle-Draw-Bar-Type-Electric-Scooter-20km-p-973195.html

Edited by MaxLinux