THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 hours ago, sbouju said:

I post the fifth and last Ugo episode under, which include a great "how to" for repairing a tire :)

J'irai charger partout #5 - La Véloscénie de Chartres à Paris

Do you have a link to that cool portable inflator?

inflator.jpg

What is this green pen-like tool? (I realize it was probably explained, but there is a language barrier.)

TirePen.jpg

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think Banggood sold them a while ago.  They had modular battery packs that were easily removable.  It was another one of the myriad of generic wheels produced.  TJCooper had some battery issues causing cutoffs early on while learning to ride likely due to some inferior cells in the pack..

No wonder I could not find it! You misspelled the name! It's MoHoo not Moo Hoo!:laughbounce2:

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Making a msuper V3 (or ACM) sales video with the hill climbing abilities would be downright criminal:) at least if you don't mention the restrictions.

The GW wheels can comfortably do 20% or more inclines, but after a few minutes (depending on the actually produced current) the wire insulation melts because the wires get too hot. And the wheel won't warn you, just short and cut out on you. So these streets would be fine (they're not that long, after all), but nobody should get the impression that longer steep inclines are a good idea - they certainly are the guaranteed opposite of a good idea if you don't make enough preemptive breaks to allow the wiring to cool down.

Just saying:) I know you don't plan to make an msuper sales video, but tbh every video of ACM/msuper V3 on >10% inclines should come with that warning.

I agree...  Fortunately for me, I have an earlier model and I've climbed more hills than anyone I know, other than my buddy, and we both have never had any melted wires.  I'm on an 820Wh and he's on a 1600Wh, (we did redo his wiring and terminals when new).  BUT, I realize that's not the case for all the GotWay wheels, and you are correct, it's probably not the thing you want to advertise, especially lately with all the current issues.

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

Do you have a link to that cool portable inflator?

inflator.jpg

I just ordered one of these this morning.  I've been meaning to for quite a while.  It only cost $39 with Free 2 Day shipping on Amazon with Prime and the current 15% discount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FIERRO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, sbouju said:

I post the fifth and last Ugo episode

Congratulations on a great adventure, recorded excellently!

I can't quite understand what the words below mean. Most are self-explanatory, but I can't figure out "La suite en". Are you saying you will do another trip in July on MSuper 3?

SuiteEnGotway.jpg

Edited by MaxLinux

On 6/24/2017 at 10:42 PM, SuperSport said:

That was us too.  Same group.  Awesome rides with these guys.

San Francisco New Years 2016 EUC Ride

That's one of my favorites. I have watched it several times.

I was surprised you are prohibited from riding on the bridge. Do you know the reason? In the video the EUCs seem to be mingling just fine with the bicycle traffic on the bridge.

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Making a msuper V3 (or ACM) sales video with the hill climbing abilities would be downright criminal:) at least if you don't mention the restrictions.

Sad but true!

It's interesting to note that SuperSport's group rides these hills "on MSupers. Up and Down. When I first rode this street, it was nerve wracking, but now it's a non issue. We ride even steeper hills regularly." With no desoldered connectors, no melted wires!

On 6/24/2017 at 10:42 PM, SuperSport said:

We cannot ride across the bridge anymore, at least not legally.  They stopped us last time.  Had Police with their lights flashing waiting for us when we got there.  Said it's a Felony

I was in SF in 1999 and took this picture. Maybe gravity is working against your best intentions in the shipping lane below. That was an inspiring video when it was posted. Thanks for posting it before the felony warning cut short your plans to ride across.

77438_11.jpg

• Upvote 1

@Bob Eisenman - They have plenty of protection on the sides of the bike lane now so the wheel could not makes its way through and fall below. They added more protection after a small child fell through the gaps a while back. 

The reasoning the police gave was that elecitric vehicles are inherently dangerous, including electric bicycles.  I'm pretty sure it is the normal bicyclists that have brought this on as they tend to truly HATE us in that city. We get cursed at every ride across the bridge, and not just once, but many times.

Same thing happens in Sacramento, CA. on the bike trails. For such a "tolerant" State, Californians are sure intolerant about a lot of things. 

3 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I just ordered one of these this morning.  I've been meaning to for quite a while.  It only cost $39 with Free 2 Day shipping on Amazon with Prime and the current 15% discount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FIERRO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for this information! I just ordered it!

1 hour ago, Sven said:

@Marty Backe, @noisycarlos, @jrkline & @Sven

Went on 4 hours River trail (plus some city tour) in southern California. It was hot and sunny but overall smooth & incident free ride.

River > Park > Street > River > Park > and on and on and...on ;)

Great video @Sven. Thanks for being our documentarian for the day. It was a fun ride. Hey, what happened to our skateboard hijinks ;) - everyone should try and ride their wheels in a skateboard park when you get the opportunity, it can be fun :) 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video @Sven. Thanks for being our documentarian for the day. It was a fun ride. Hey, what happened to our skateboard hijinks ;) - everyone should try and ride their wheels in a skateboard park when you get the opportunity, it can be fun :) 

I totally forgot about skateboard park footage!! Let me look into that and update the clip  :)

2 minutes ago, Sven said:

I totally forgot about skateboard park footage!! Let me look into that and update the clip  :)

Or just compose a "shorty" video - you've got that technique down perfect :cheers:

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Ditto.You knocked it out of the park!:cheers:

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Or just compose a "shorty" video - you've got that technique down perfect :cheers:

What the heck?! there's no footage of the epic stunts we did at skateboard park. We weren't recording the entire time?! Maybe we should ask @noisycarlos.... 

1 minute ago, Sven said:

What the heck?! there's no footage of the epic stunts we did at skateboard park. We weren't recording the entire time?! Maybe we should ask @noisycarlos.... 

That's a bummer. I remember you gave me your camera and I recorded you - or I pointed it in your direction :unsure: No biggie.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

What is this green pen-like tool? (I realize it was probably explained, but there is a language barrier.)

TirePen.jpg

It's just a pen, to identify the location of the leak before putting the patch

2 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Great trip! Very nice video recording! Esprit Roue has some of the best EUC riding videos! I really enjoyed this!

Thank you

1 hour ago, Sven said:

@Marty Backe, @noisycarlos, @jrkline & @Sven

Went on 4 hours River trail (plus some city tour) in southern California. It was hot and sunny but overall smooth & incident free ride.

River > Park > Street > River > Park > and on and on and...on ;)

You guys have so much fun, nice to see people organising rides like this.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, sbouju said:

I can no longer edit my initial post, so I post the fifth and last Ugo episode under, which include a great "how to" for repairing a tire :)

That was cool!  Loe that mailbox he put on the EUC and used as a seat -- inventive but useful to carry a whole bunch of stuff.  I had no idea he had a backpack complete with tent that he could use for overnight camping until I saw him up and about the morning after.  Whatever kind of way he's putting his trip together, it's pretty neat to get it all done with a backpack and an EUC.  

Then when I saw the drone shots I was really surprised ... he has a drone in there too?  That's good packing!

11 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I can't quite understand what the words below mean. Most are self-explanatory, but I can't figure out "La suite en". Are you saying you will do another trip in July on MSuper 3?

SuiteEnGotway.jpg

Yes, and better: Ugo (not me! ;) ) has already gone for its following trip, toward east, this time, having its new wheel since only 2 days ! :)

WeChat Image_20170626150346.jpg

Edited by sbouju
  • Upvote 1