THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

9 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I'm pretty sure it is the normal bicyclists that have brought this on as they tend to truly HATE us in that city.

Sounds like a real battle. I went across and back , following a conference on someone else's expense pocket, on a rental bike but not before a 'mishap' in town resulted in a sprained wrist.

The current rules (law) page is available:

http://goldengatebridge.org/bikesbridge/bikes.php

Posting the photo of the ship under the bridge was not without issue. My 1999 Seattle FilmWorks CDs with images in *.sfw format are no longer Windows compatible in the bundled software. However 'IrfanView' can read the sfw format and export jpg's. 

As a former roller blade type in the Boston area I found trail bike riders to be annoyingly aggressive in the Charles River area.  Roller blades are useless on the grass areas adjacent to the sidewalks. The 'mountain bike' types riding on the sidewalks had the habit of coming up from behind, ringing their bell to signal their expectation that you move out of their way while several feet of go around turf existed to the side of the sidewalks. Big wheels , big gears, tender fannies?

How about riding in South Lake Tahoe?.......just kidding.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sven said:

Went on 4 hours River trail (plus some city tour) in southern California. It was hot and sunny but overall smooth & incident free ride.

Thanks for the video, nice virtual tourism:thumbup:

Poor Marty with a bandaged hand, and on his last GW wheel.

How many Wh does @jrkline's KS16 have so that it can do 40 miles?

LA area always looks so run down and dystopian-postapocalyptic. Also, these chain-link fences everywhere in the US:barf:. I believe the are due to crazy liability rules, so everything has to be fenced off in order not to attract dumb lawsuits. But they sure are ugly...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Also, these chain-link fences everywhere in the US:barf:. I believe the are due to crazy liability rules, so everything has to be fenced off in order not to attract dumb lawsuits. But they sure are ugly...

I HATE all the fences and NO TRESPASSING Signs everywhere.  And yes, it's because California is the Lawsuit capital of the world.

• Upvote 1

Nice picture and video. I'll guess that your daughter's mother prefers to drive.

My niece, who doesn't really correspond with me regularly except for when her father passed away from cancer a few years ago  ,went to school in Sacramento (Scripps) then went to Prague , then (speaking several languages) worked in Boston and now is a CEO in NYC. Like her mother , her standards can be difficult to understand but easy to appreciate.

On my 1999 SF trip I rented a truck, drove out RT 80 to Nev, on to Reno, South Lake Tahoe and around the lake to Truckee. I was surprised at the security( ?)border check going back from Nev to California.

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

dystopian-postapocalyptic.

Hum.....

77439_18.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Nice picture and video. I'll guess that your daughter's mother prefers to drive.

On my 1999 SF trip I rented a truck, drove out RT 80 to Nev, on to Reno, South Lake Tahoe and around the lake to Truckee. I was surprised at the security( ?)border check going back from Nev to California.

My daughter lives on her own in South Lake Tahoe.  Her mother lives a few miles from me on the other side of the mountains in Placerville.

Yes, California has many beautiful places to visit.  We have Oceans, Beaches, Mountains, Redwood Forests, Fields, Deserts, etc.  Pretty much everything in one State.

And yes, that border check can be strict at times, but most of the time you just pass through.  They started those back when we had a fruit fly issue with produce and all of our crops were being decimated.  I've been through there at times when they search your vehicle and make you throw out any produce you are carrying.  I'm not sure why they still have them now, probably because they never get rid of Gvmt waste after they've created it.

58 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Anna Sentina, a female bass player in Los Angeles. Worth listening to.

Listening to?  I enjoy looking at her... ;)

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

On the plus side I can ride 340 days a year with nothing more than a light jacket at times :D

True Dat! ;)

I'd LOVE to ride the Concrete Rivers some time.  I think it would be fun.  I've hiked in them when I was a kid, time to do grown up stuff there. ;) 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Scripps

I guess Scripps is in Claremont, several hundred miles from Sacramento. Maybe jet connections East are made in Sacramento.

50 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Yes, California has many beautiful places to visit.  We have Oceans, Beaches, Mountains, Fields, Deserts, etc

At the  time my boss suggested Joshua tree. Maybe next time.

We have plenty of sea water and sand around Boston. Mountains(bigger) in NH, VT and Maine. Lots of private boarding schools and colleges in NE.

I took a long car trip to Wyoming in 2003 during the winter. Saw a buffalo herd (small) in Thermopolis on the way to Jackson. Got cut off by a snowstorm near the Custer's last stand near the Indian reservation in Montana and headed back South and over the Big Horn mountains . I just couldn't drive west anymore (that time) while headed towards Idaho due to the snowpack on the road and doubled back east and south to Basin , WY.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I ran across this video by accident.  I'm surprised that these were around in 2009.  Has anyone seen an earlier video of one?

That's pretty cool, fat tire, even has suspension.  Never saw that before, seems like it would have sold well.  2009?  Wow!   Saw a video once called one day in Pakistan, someone filmed a guy from long distance riding a hoverboard at high speed in the street and it cutout on him, he almost ran it off but fell on his hands.:(  Saw the video about 2 years ago, someone had it on their phone.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:efee6b18f3:  Bask in my videofindingabilityawesomeness, Steven.  Just soak it in.  :whistling:

Basking gratefully, your videofindingability is beyond awesome

That could be a new word.

Edited by steve454
misspelled videofindingablilty
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SuperSport said:

True, but it all started here.

There is a saying, that everything new starts in California.  But sometimes it takes a long time to get to other parts of the country.  I remember being amazed at the gasoline tanker trucks having single wheels on each side of the axle, instead of being 18 wheelers they were 10 wheelers with super wide tires.  Supposed to cause less damage to the road.  This was is the mid 1980's.  Only in the last 2-3 years have they started appearing in Texas, but now the claim is that they can give you an extra 500 pounds capacity in load.  More and more of them are here now, gradually starting to get popular.

10 hours ago, sbouju said:

Yes, and better: Ugo (not me! ;) ) has already gone for its following trip, toward east, this time, having its new wheel since only 2 days ! :)

Great! I am eager to see what happens!

11 hours ago, sbouju said: Yes, and better: Ugo (not me! ;) ) has already gone for its following trip, toward east, this time, having its new wheel since only 2 days ! :)

WeChat Image_20170626150346.jpg

He got a red one! I like it!!

Edited by MaxLinux

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I am so hoping that Jason will be able to fix my MSuper this week. It really sucks not having a nice 16" or 18" wheel to roll around on.

Yes Marty that would be awesome! Jason is going to be one busy man! I hope the firmware updates work out. He has so many wheels and customers depending on this fix including me. 

It would be nice if GW posted a new video of a rider that weighs more than 46 kilos throughly testing the firmware update including speed jumps!

• Upvote 1

Gym's floor is the best surface to practice! Very good traction, and at the same time very easy to pivot for position correction.

GW MCM2s is for training, KS-18 - for off-road fun. That was a serious dirt road climb on KS-18 - elevation gain is 2575 ft

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You mean this one?

Just noticed something, that looks like the same model hoverboard I bought.  Those things are not safe for anyone over 100 pounds in weight or over 10 years old.  But it was fun to try it:roflmao::shock2::(

5 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Just noticed something, that looks like the same model hoverboard I bought.  Those things are not safe for anyone over 100 pounds in weight or over 10 years old.  But it was fun to try it:roflmao::shock2::(

I still like riding them.  I currently have the Segway MiniPro instead, but I like them all...  Got pretty good on the Hoverboards.

• Upvote 1