THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Have had my Mavic Pro for about a month now and I'm getting the hang of flying it while riding. It makes it even easier whenever I just have it follow me automatically for some nice smooth dynamic shots like you see here. Top speed is 40 mph so it has enough speed to keep on with my MSuper V3s+ especially in my profile shot of me going 26 mph. Ran into a couple of Boosted boards in Dallas which you see at the end.

nice shots in there - looks super fun!

• Upvote 1

@steve454 yeah it's nice - I don't own a house here though, it's my friend's ;) the riding is fun but the wheel will quickly turn into a death-comet if it's not kept in check.

the helmet's great - I originally had a shoei  rf1000 I got at a yard sale, but it was so heeeavy.. 1430 grams. the tsg is 930g

On 6/1/2017 at 11:38 PM, Marty Backe said:

Looks like a fun neighborhood to ride. I'd have a blast flying around there.

When you're climbing steeper hills with the MSuper try squeezing the pads and then with your legs tilt the wheel forward. Using this method you can zoom up the steepest of hills much quicker than you were. You just have to have faith in the wheel :)  I've climbed hills with the MSuper that no car could drive, so you can do it :thumbup:

cheers! will try this :)

• Upvote 1

Late last year, I borrowed two GoPros to dabble into VR video. And I wanted to record something fun, so I took the rig jetpacking and on a trip on the Beverly Hills mountains with @Marty Backe :-)

Best viewed on a phone with Cardboard, Gear VR, Daydream or something similar. 2nd choice, just your phone via the YouTube app, you can still look around a bit with no 3D.

WARNING, some parts are pretty shaky (I still gotta figure how to stabilize the rig), so if you get dizzy with 3D, you might want to hit pause and just look at them as still pictures (I think even without movement they still look pretty cool!)

The rig itself was super simple, just two GoPros next to each other. So it's not 360 degress, but it is 3D. The advantage is that it can be seen while sitting, since moving the head around is enough to look around.

Edited by noisycarlos
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I rode OG Unicycles when I was 13 years old.  I recently got one to try it again; I'll be 51 yrs old on the 8th; and I find it harder to learn than I did the EUC.  I was able to ride pretty quickly, but not smoothly yet. ;)  I haven't gotten back on it yet, but I want to work up to riding a couple miles on the bike trails.

Great video!  You got it back pretty quickly!  Learning videos are fun to watch, you get to see other peoples small falls and gains and get inspired to try it yourself.  You and @Duf have the same dry humor coupled with perserverence.  Like when you said, "raising the seat helped "(crash) LMAO!  And when duf said "that looks like a sh**load of crocodiles up ahead."  But you both kept going with good humor.  And changing locations was a great idea.  That knobby tire is a giveaway that you are going to be trail riding soon.:ph34r:

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2017 at 2:58 AM, Michael Vu said:

Have had my Mavic Pro for about a month now and I'm getting the hang of flying it while riding. It makes it even easier whenever I just have it follow me automatically for some nice smooth dynamic shots like you see here. Top speed is 40 mph so it has enough speed to keep on with my MSuper V3s+ especially in my profile shot of me going 26 mph. Ran into a couple of Boosted boards in Dallas which you see at the end.

Awesome video!  Makes be want to go out and buy a Mavic.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MarkoMarjamaa said:

I've been riding EUCs now for two years and decided to learn the traditional unicycle also. I though it would be easier because it and EUC have a lot in common. It seems to be a lot easier than I thought, this is my 4th practice session. Maybe 5 hours total. Great success! :)

Congratulations, I'm just training with the unicycle and it's easier than people think, it's a much longer process than with an electric wheel, but it can be achieved with constant training, I mean there's no age to learn and The falls are much less dangerous, I encourage the lovers of the electric wheel, to start this new hobby and pass to level god of the wheels, sorry for the translation

18 hours ago, steve454 said:

Great video!  You got it back pretty quickly!  Learning videos are fun to watch, you get to see other peoples small falls and gains and get inspired to try it yourself.  You and @Duf have the same dry humor coupled with perserverence.  Like when you said, "raising the seat helped "(crash) LMAO!  And when duf said "that looks like a sh**load of crocodiles up ahead."  But you both kept going with good humor.  And changing locations was a great idea.  That knobby tire is a giveaway that you are going to be trail riding soon.:ph34r:

19 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I rode OG Unicycles when I was 13 years old.  I recently got one to try it again; I'll be 51 yrs old on the 8th; and I find it harder to learn than I did the EUC.  I was able to ride pretty quickly, but not smoothly yet. ;)  I haven't gotten back on it yet, but I want to work up to riding a couple miles on the bike trails.

That was cool. I guess this means if I quit the EUC and pick it up in 30 or so years it shouldn't be too hard ;)

Every time I see a unicyclist I think how much of a workout it is.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

Late last year, I borrowed two GoPros to dabble into VR video. And I wanted to record something fun, so I took the rig jetpacking and on a trip on the Beverly Hills mountains with @Marty Backe :-)

Best viewed on a phone with Cardboard, Gear VR, Daydream or something similar.

WARNING, some parts are pretty shaky (I still gotta figure how to stabilize the rig), so if you get dizzy with 3D, you might want to hit pause and just look at them as still pictures (I think even without movement they still look pretty cool!)

The rig itself was super simple, just two GoPros next to each other. So it's not 360 degress, but it is 3D. The advantage is that it can be seen while sitting, since moving the head around is enough to look around.

I remember that day (the trail that we had to give up on). Too bad I can't access the 3D effect (for physical reasons).

Every time I see the jetpack in action I think it's from some sci-fi movie. It has a very alien look to it for some reason.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Every time I see a unicyclist I think how much of a workout it is.

Much more than our wheels.  I think that once I'm comfortable again though, it won't be too bad.  I remember getting tired quickly on the EUC at first too.  I'm sure I won't be doing 50 miles on the Unicycle like on the EUC, but I'm hoping to do 2 or so miles at a time.

• Upvote 1