THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

27 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I've been a fan of hers ever since she started posting. And I purposely left the video in my reply so her image is in more posts. ?

:thumbup:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kour said:

riding around my hood

Looks like a fun neighborhood to ride. I'd have a blast flying around there.

When you're climbing steeper hills with the MSuper try squeezing the pads and then with your legs tilt the wheel forward. Using this method you can zoom up the steepest of hills much quicker than you were. You just have to have faith in the wheel :)  I've climbed hills with the MSuper that no car could drive, so you can do it :thumbup:

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

Have had my Mavic Pro for about a month now and I'm getting the hang of flying it while riding. It makes it even easier whenever I just have it follow me automatically for some nice smooth dynamic shots like you see here. Top speed is 40 mph so it has enough speed to keep on with my MSuper V3s+ especially in my profile shot of me going 26 mph. Ran into a couple of Boosted boards in Dallas which you see at the end.

Nice ride, and what a great bridge that is!  Looks like a fun place just to watch the world from.

Drone footage on EUC vids is so much fun too.

Oh also, love that music!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Snurre said:

If anyone is interested in flying I can really recommend something that comes between airplanes and helicopters - the gyrocopter (auto-gyro). To me this is the flying version of the EUC: light-weight, relatively inexpensive  and simple (fits in a garage), although not the VTOL capacity of a helicopter but very short anyhow. 

The gyros are very safe machines and cost much less than a helicopter! If you build an experimental version you can perform all of the maintenance yourself saving $100s to $1000s each year! 

I never flew a gyro only helicopters. Being able to take off and land vertically  allowed me to put it down virtually anywhere. Unfortunately the one experimental helicopter I built in 2002 ended up in a disaster after the new owner crashed it and unfortunately died along with his trainer.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Have had my Mavic Pro for about a month now and I'm getting the hang of flying it while riding. It makes it even easier whenever I just have it follow me automatically for some nice smooth dynamic shots like you see here. Top speed is 40 mph so it has enough speed to keep on with my MSuper V3s+ especially in my profile shot of me going 26 mph. Ran into a couple of Boosted boards in Dallas which you see at the end.

Fantastic use of the drone. I really enjoyed this video, and it makes me want to hop on my Monster and do some river trail riding :)

:cheers:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Wow, very cool!  I seriously was looking for a joystick to control where you guys were driving...it looked like a real life video game :thumbup:!!!

Edited by Maximus
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Great aerial footage! The Mavic is a great drone! Have you ordered the DJI googles yet? 

8 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Very pleasant neighborhood.  Lots of blind curves though!  And some serious hills.

it's hard to tell in the vid, but that last driveway is quite steep

5 hours ago, RichieV said:

Where did you get your full face helmet? It looks less bulky and sleeker than a standard motorcycle helmet.

@RichieV tsg :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Great aerial footage! The Mavic is a great drone! Have you ordered the DJI googles yet? 

I don't actually plan on getting the googles since I've been doing most of my flying while riding around.

26 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

I don't actually plan on getting the googles since I've been doing most of my flying while riding around.

Well have fun.  I used my Mavic last year for a few EUC shots. I just lost a Mavic four weeks ago. All gps and downlink malfunctioned so the RTH did not work. I looked for it via the last gps sighting for 4 days but no luck so I had to purchase another one.

It sucks because I had the DJI insurance on it. Even if I found it destroyed at least it would have been covered by the policy. 

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Well have fun.  I used my Mavic last year for a few EUC shots. I just lost a Mavic four weeks ago. All gps and downlink malfunctioned so the RTH did not work. I looked for it via the last gps sighting for 4 days but no luck so I had to purchase another one.

It sucks because I had the DJI insurance on it. Even if I found it destroyed at least it would have been covered by the policy. 

I believe they are replacing Mavic's that fly away if you can send them the Log showing it lost contact and went crazy.  No drone needed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

I believe they are replacing Mavic's that fly away if you can send them the Log showing it lost contact and went crazy.  No drone needed.

Are you kidding me? That is terrific! Thank you! I will research it tonight. :clap3::thumbup::cheers:

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kour said:

riding around my hood

Nice Neighborhood, that helmet would be perfect for a Kingsong 18.  Am going to check the link where you bought it.  Funny when you were zooming through all the pedestrians:D

• Upvote 1