THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 minutes ago, n2eus said:

Just a slow cruise along Oso Creek on my Gotway MSuper V3 electric unicycle.  Recorded with DJI Osmo.  Edited with Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve 14.

Gotway MSuper V3 at Oso Creek

Nice, I like you composed that video. :thumbup:

BTW, if you past the raw YouTube url into your post the Forum will auto-expand the url so people can directly click on the video to watch it.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

How about this, maybe?

Great ride Marty! Your long selfie was pretty darn steady over the rough terrain! 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great ride Marty! Your long selfie was pretty darn steady over the rough terrain! 

Thanks. I try and hold the selfie stick loosely so that it's somewhat decoupled from all the shaking that my body and wheel are going through.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, n2eus said:

Just a slow cruise along Oso Creek on my Gotway MSuper V3 electric unicycle.  Recorded with DJI Osmo.  Edited with Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve 14.

Gotway MSuper V3 at Oso Creek

I like the work you did with the colors. How do you like using the Davinci Resolve? I'm thinking about using it too but really have no idea how much extra work it is and also what other tools I need to make it all work. Like I need a camera that shoots a flat color profile?

55 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is a video that @Sven posted to the Local Groups forum that I'm reposting here. You gotta love the beginning video technique that he used to introduce the viewers to each rider in the video (except for the camera operator - @Sven)

Cool video!

• KS18 form factor has something. And you can step off with both legs and still hold the wheel with your knees.
  • I see you're making the same mistake I'm doing - balancing too much with arm flailing vs using your hips. Lately I've been forcing myself to not use my arms as much as possible (thumbs in pockets etc).
  • ACM is best, even the 67V smokes the monster on that little bit of incline! ACM, ACM, ACM!
  • That park and surrounding area looks a bit like you fell into a time hole during your ride, and a zombie apocalypse happened in the mean time.
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Cool video!

• KS18 form factor has something. And you can step off with both legs and still hold the wheel with your knees.
  • I see you're making the same mistake I'm doing - balancing too much with arm flailing vs using your hips. Lately I've been forcing myself to not use my arms as much as possible (thumbs in pockets etc).
  • ACM is best, even the 67V smokes the monster on that little bit of incline! ACM, ACM, ACM!
  • That park and surrounding area looks a bit like you fell into a time hole during your ride, and a zombie apocalypse happened in the mean time.

I balance by flailing my arms? :blink1: I need to review that video again :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

This is a video that @Sven posted to the Local Groups forum that I'm reposting here. You gotta love the beginning video technique that he used to introduce the viewers to each rider in the video (except for the camera operator - @Sven)

I wish the video of attempting the ride up the Spillway was left in.  I'm curious if it was done.  I think the ACM would do it...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not specifically you, but you all did it quite a bit in the beginning. I'm sensitive to that as I'm trying to break that habit myself; so it's not super obvious or anything.

I'm going to study my technique and work on bettering it, at least when the camera is rolling ;)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I wish the video of attempting the ride up the Spillway was left in.  I'm curious if it was done.  I think the ACM would do it...

I guarantee you that the spillway was impossible. But we were having fun doing glancing approaches from the side.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I see you're making the same mistake I'm doing - balancing too much with arm flailing vs using your hips. Lately I've been forcing myself to not use my arms as much as possible (thumbs in pockets etc).

Yup, no different than maintaining stacked position in skiing (EUC orients the body in the same exact position).

For best balance / faster turns, no part of the body should stray far from your body's center line, making sure to maintain a straight, perpendicular line from the ground across the upper torso-hip-feet line.

Turns should not be your stiff body leaning like a falling tree (less stable), but rather a silent, straight upper torso, with twisting hips and lower legs in offset positioning (according to where you are turning), all stacked in a straight line over each other.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I see you're making the same mistake I'm doing - balancing too much with arm flailing vs using your hips. Lately I've been forcing myself to not use my arms as much as possible (thumbs in pockets etc).

I have to admit, that when I read this comment, I had to go back and view the video again because I was expecting to see THIS (but I could not find it anywhere in the video ;) ) :

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm going to study my technique and work on bettering it, at least when the camera is rolling ;)

Naw, all of you were using your arms for balance on the rough trail riding sections, no one were "flailing"  That was a very well made video by @Sven

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

nice video.  I like the music too.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

I like the work you did with the colors. How do you like using the Davinci Resolve? I'm thinking about using it too but really have no idea how much extra work it is and also what other tools I need to make it all work. Like I need a camera that shoots a flat color profile?

Thanks.  I like DaVinci Resolve very much.  As long as you have a computer that meets the system requirements, it should work fine with basically any camera.  DR14 has an amazing level of flexibility, efficiency, and power.  The learning curve can be slightly challenging for a novice who is not interested in scopes, curves, color wheels, etc.  There are many tutorial videos on YouTube.  One of the best things about DR14 is it is free!

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

I have to admit, that when I read this comment, I had to go back and view the video again because I was expecting to see THIS (but I could not find it anywhere in the video ;) ) :

Where do you guys find these perfect videos for the moment...

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes, on a trail like this at the speeds seen in this footage, a skillful rider is required, even with Monster!

• Upvote 2