THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Ok, maybe flailing was the wrong word, not a native English speaker:) But there's two ways of controlling the EUC (hips/feet and upper body) and (for some unknown reason) I think the hip thing is better and I just noticed that you did the same thing as I do, defaulting to arms.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Cute Dad and Daughter video

I hope we will see steadily rising number of kids riding, and steadily rising number of families riding!

I really need a second set of wheel that my kids can abuse but yeah.. i envy you x10000 !!  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Cute Dad and Daughter video

I hope we will see steadily rising number of kids riding, and steadily rising number of families riding!

LOVE this!! ❤️  Thank you for sharing. 

7 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Great group, great ride, great scenery, great camera work! Very enjoyable!

The ride and scenery were awesome. Camera work was a bit rough. Both cameras have Optical Image Stabilization, but I needed a gimbal for this ride. It’s rougher than the video shows, but I know, everyone says that... ?

The group is top notch. If you are ever in the area, we’d love to have you come along for a ride. 

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kasenutty said:

Hehe, now that I've got a pretty ok handle on the wheel, I'm just looking for fun things to ride it over. That big grass field was a fairly steep hill. It was all soft and lumpy, it was fun to ride on :D

You looked pretty casual going over the grass. Maybe you have different grass where you live :confused1:, but it tends to be slippery as hell where I am. So you have to really be focused when riding grass. Definitely adds a bit of challenge to the ride.

• Upvote 1

It's definitely slippery in Seattle too. I really haven't been able to try much grass until recently, just because it's so freaking wet here. Now that I can, I'm riding over wherever I see it, but I will admit that this park had some pretty nice grass. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2017 at 5:15 PM, Marty Backe said:

I balance by flailing my arms? :blink1: I need to review that video again :)

I thought you were using an advanced form of aerodynamic stabilisation. :P

I like to hold my arms straight out to the side to pretend I'm getting lift for curious onlookers - and that's on a Ninebot !

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, litewave said:

I thought you were using an advanced form of aerodynamic stabilisation. :P

I like to hold my arms straight out to the side to pretend I'm getting lift for curious onlookers - and that's on a Ninebot !

The best way to impress strangers to the wheel is to ride like your balancing on a rope 20 feet in the air - gives the impression that there is great skill involved in what you're doing ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The best way to impress strangers to the wheel is to ride like your balancing on a rope 20 feet in the air - gives the impression that there is great skill involved in what you're doing ;)

Exactly. I hear smart a$$es comments all the time that it’s so easy and lazy to ride these. Pfft. ?

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SuperSport said:

We had a nice ride over the top of San Pedro Mt going from Pacifica, CA to Half Moon Bay and back. It’s really long, so feel free to skip. Enjoy!

Nice video and nice ride! Watched it entirely.

• Imho the picture in picture is more annoying than useful, it often obscures the most interesting part of the picture (other riders in front of you). When you said the battery died I was happy:P Either put it somewhere at the lower part of the screen (or maybe center left), or preferably not at all. Though it is neat to sometimes have a view from the lower cam, the ride seems slow from eye height but on this you see what would expect you if one falls; so to have this perspective occasionally is nice.
  • Impressed with the KS14C! Would you say this or the msupers were better for this trip? On the inclines it looked like it was easy maneuvering for the 14C as opposed wo hard work with the msupers, but of course big tire is nice with such a broken up trail...
  • Can you give more info on battery % used and related things (distances, inclines if possible)? For msupers and especially 14C. Did you recharge before you rode back? All the juicy technical details pls:)
Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Until there's not ... there is!

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Exactly. I have smart a$$es comment all the time that it’s so easy and lazy to ride these. Pfft. ?

So silly.  Electronic or not, it's still a UNICYCLE!  

That should be enough in itself for people to realize it's not going to be easy ...

... and few of them could step onto one and find it easy ...

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

So silly.  Electronic or not, it's still a UNICYCLE!  

That should be enough in itself for people to realize it's not going to be easy ...

... and few of them could step onto one and find it easy ...

It’s because once we are comfortable riding these, we make it look easy. Just like a gymnast makes a backflip look easy. 

I don’t really mind the goofy comments. I normally just smile and ride on knowing I’m enjoying my trip more than they are. 

• Upvote 3

@meepmeepmayer

i agree about the picture in picture. I’m just learning how to do videos and I’m not very good at them. And it took many hours just to get that one, so I was done... ?

The MSupers were dominant on the ride by a margin. Smoother, cooler running, and a lot more powerful.  The reason the KingSong did so well is because the rider, Sam, is an expert doing tricks. He makes lots of things look easy. Spins, jumps, 360’s, etc...

I only know my battery specs, for sure. The trip was about 15 miles each way and about 10 of those on the trail each way. I used 40% battery one way. I did charge at lunch just because I only have an 820Wh battery and didn’t want to be stranded. The trail was not super steep most of the time. A couple times it got close to 12-15 degrees. It was mostly just bumpy and that was hard at times.  I do very steep climbs often (10-25 degrees), so these hills were easy. Even though my legs were very tired at the end, I never tipped over once  

Oh, actually, the KingSong and MSuper V2 had similar battery range as me. They both run 850Wh, I believe. They both charged at lunch just to be safe.  The 1600’s did not charge and I think they hade around 25-30% remaining at the end. (If I’m remembering that correctly)

Here is the relive of the ride. The last section where it leaves Pacifica quickly is where I forgot to turn off Strava and was driving.

Check out “Morning Ride” on Relive!
https://www.relive.cc/view/1032478989

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

<snip>

Oh, actually, the KingSong had similar battery range as me. He runs an 850Wh, I believe. He also charged at lunch just to be safe. 

<snip>

The KS14C has a 840wh battery. My 820wh MSuper and my 840wh KS14C have nearly the same range (30 - 35 miles). For a 14 inch wheel the KS14C is an amazing wheel. I really like it's range and it's about as nimble as you can get.

• Upvote 1