New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

5 hours ago, Jerome said:

The specification that jumps out for me is operating temperature range - 104 deg F being the high. Maybe this is typical of wheels but how does that work out when the air temp is in the 90's or higher and one is climbing hills or cruising at speed for long periods of time? As a new rider and one looking to upgrade up to $1300, I see nothing about the V10 that would make me favor it versus the King Song 16S, or new Gotway ACM2 1300w (if no systemic problem(s) appear). My focus now is on the Z6 and Z8. If I was economically empowered I would  be waiting for the Z10 and KS18L. The V10 and V10F look like beautiful, well designed and crafted eucs and I hope they sell boat loads of them. 

Yup, that scares me too. I'm riding in Tucson where it easily reaches 115F in the summer - in the shade. With the black shell this thing might just melt from the outside. I think I'll have to wait until others have tried in such heat.

That pedal height is glorious:efeeec645d: Should be standard for ewvery manufacturer from now on!

4 hours ago, em1barns said:

No, it’s 2000w nominal. They say the motor is 2.3x more powerful as v8.

2.3 * 800W = 1840W which counts as 2000. But then there's this picture.

5.png

Not sure what's going on, but let's give the V10(F) the benefit of the doubt, maybe 2000W is nominal. Also, the power numbers are made up anyways by the motor suppliers, maybe theirs isn't a lie:efee8319ab: In the end, it all depends on how it actually rides.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That pedal height is glorious:efeeec645d: Should be standard for ewvery manufacturer from now on!

5.png

Not sure what's going on, but let's give the V10(F) the benefit of the doubt, maybe 2000W is nominal. Also, the power numbers are made up anyways by the motor suppliers, maybe theirs isn't a lie:efee8319ab: In the end, it all depends on how it actually rides.

Yeah conflicting info.

If it's indeed 2.3 times more powerful than 800 watt V8 motor, that's 1840 watts.

If it's indeed 2000 watt max power, that's probably 1200 watts

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Marty Backe, if you get your hands on this wheel, please take it up this specific path on your stress test, the path on the right where the KS14S crapped out because it was too steep. And if the V10 makes it up that hill, please look for something even steeper! :w00t2:

I cued the video up to show which path on the right I'm talking about:

With a limited budget I doubt that I'll ever have this wheel. I like it a lot, but I already have a Tesla and ACM so I'm good with 16-inch wheels. The Z10 is my next wheel and probably the new MSuper X :w00t2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

With a limited budget I doubt that I'll ever have this wheel. I like it a lot, but I already have a Tesla and ACM so I'm good with 16-inch wheels. The Z10 is my next wheel and probably the new MSuper X :w00t2:

I told InMotion San Diego to get you the V10 for a demo ride, and I believe they said they were gonna make it happen. I'll even follow up with them :w00t2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Yip, that was a hill he also tested never before, also with no other wheel....

Not true actually. That hill in the referenced video above, where the KS14S overheated, the KS18S, Tesla, and ACM climbed successfully. I'm confident that the KS14S won't self-destruct on any hills, but I can easily overheat it.

4 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

Test

ezgif_com_optimize.gif

That guy must be really strong to pick up 45 lbs so easily.......or is it with out the batter installed? 

Edited by F.J. Abaya

The V8 is rated for 25°, and while it's hard to judge the angle from a video, I've definitely taken mine up some angles that are approaching the 30° in your video @Rehab1. I'll have to see if I can figure out the grade of the steepest one I rode because it was so steep cars could barely drive it. It struggled some, but I'm also a decent but under it's rated weight and conditions were pretty ideal that day.

Edit - Roughly calculated the grade using Google maps and my cities zoning map data, and the street I was thinking of is somewhere around 31% grade. Not quite as steep as I thought, and easily within the V8's rating still.

Edited by ramma
Quick maffs
  • Like 1

I'm guessing with the crazy torque factor of the V10, you'll also be able to stop on a dime, even from full speed of 25 mph. That's a great safety feature.

I always hear people talking about wanting more speed for safety reasons, but nobody ever mentions crazy braking ability for safety.

Can't wait to see some braking distance tests

• Like 1

I pinged Ian at SpeedyFeet an email earlier today and he had this to say about whether they were offering the V10 and respective wheels:

Ian Sampson (Speedy Feet)

10 Apr, 14:03 BST 

100% we will yes. It will be around the £1595 for the V10F (top model), the V10 will be around £1400-1450.

ONE Z - not coming to Europe still as far as I am aware, so no news on that front!

Kingsong - our KS18 is faulty at the moment (speakers and motor have gone) so putting that on hold for now.

Keep an eye on our facebook page for opening of pre orders for the V10 and V10F

Thanks,

Ian

Speedy Feet

The One Z news is rather disappointing... 

40 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I told InMotion San Diego to get you the V10 for a demo ride, and I believe they said they were gonna make it happen. I'll even follow up with them :w00t2:

That would be cool for sure. Of course I would love to ride one, and if I had the opportunity to have one for at least a full day I would take it into my mountain proving grounds and do a nice trail riding test/video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

Tell me about it.

Me: Marty Backe, what's your favorite wheel?

Marty: My ACM 1

Me: (ACM 1 is my dream wheel now)

One week later

Me: (Buy MCM3  340wh)

Marty: I'm selling my ACM for slightly more than a new MCM3 340wh

Me: :unsure:

I'm confused :confused1:  I never wrote anything like this. I've never owned an ACM 1 and have never had a desire to own a MCM3.

• Like 2

Test riding on SAT at a Seattle Meet-Up. Don't know exactly how it's going down but I'm hoping to get some good test time. Might even wear my "THE STIG" helmet for the hype.

Afterwards, I'll keep it real and share if it's all the hype or just hype. Inmotion is a quality brand IMO.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm confused :confused1:  I never wrote anything like this. I've never owned an ACM 1 and have never had a desire to own a MCM3.

I was paraphrasing to make my comment shorter, and I might have had your version of ACM wrong.  What I should have clarified is that I bought the MCM3 for $500, and your ACM (V2?) went up for sale shortly thereafter for like $650.  If I had just waited another week or two, I might have had a chance to buy Marty Backe's favorite wheel, which you preferred even over your new Tesla at the time.

Sorry for the confusion and for a less than accurate paraphrase.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That would be cool for sure. Of course I would love to ride one, and if I had the opportunity to have one for at least a full day I would take it into my mountain proving grounds and do a nice trail riding test/video.

Here's the discussion of it from late March:

Bobwheel

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Bobwheel
  • Full Members
  • 112 posts
  • Location San Diego
  On 3/27/2018 at 6:23 PM, Scouts Honor said:

You gotta get one to Marty Backe and the LA riders. They're only a few miles up the coast, Marty is an articulate and skilled video reviewer, and he has a large audience and a lot of credibility with the community.

Sure, why not?  I think Jeff has already have some conversations with Marty, but we were too busy with the V10 filming last week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Not true actually. That hill in the referenced video above, where the KS14S overheated, the KS18S, Tesla, and ACM climbed successfully. I'm confident that the KS14S won't self-destruct on any hills, but I can easily overheat it.

I think they were referring to that narrow trail to the right, you got partway up but it was too steep you said.  Wow, those other three wheels made it up that?

image.thumb.png.3131c6d2c62442cefb683b8ef93d5f9e.png

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I think they were referring to that narrow trail to the right, you got partway up but it was too steep you said.  Wow, those other three wheels made it up that?

Oh, that hill. No, I have my doubts that any wheel could make it. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ramma said:

The V8 is rated for 25°, and while it's hard to judge the angle from a video, I've definitely taken mine up some angles that are approaching the 30° in your video @Rehab1. I'll have to see if I can figure out the grade of the steepest one I rode because it was so steep cars could barely drive it. It struggled some, but I'm also a decent but under it's rated weight and conditions were pretty ideal that day.

Edit - Roughly calculated the grade using Google maps and my cities zoning map data, and the street I was thinking of is somewhere around 31% grade. Not quite as steep as I thought, and easily within the V8's rating still.

I thought about becoming the Slope angle vs % police but quickly purge myself of that ideal when I saw that there is absolutely no consistency from m'fers, vendors, testers, users. When I stepped back and looked at the various specs and postings it seems that everyone means % no matter whether they say that or not. Thirty % reflects some of the great street hills San Fran, etc. Thirty degrees is usually only seen in military maneuvers with Sherman Tanks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see the confusion, as someone else stated, when given paper-specs. They do not translate universally/accurately from rider to rider. I'm short and light and this rhetoric did (paste tense) keep me from understanding the limitations of the vehicle in fear of vehicle failure. That's why the low ball on the specs, maybe, when vehicles are capable of more. The promo looks promising though for a rider like me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:
12 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Oh, that hill. No, I have my doubts that any wheel could make it. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I was referring to that narrow branch off from the main monster climb. I thought that was where the KS14S over heated and not on the regular monster climb? Did it also over heat on the regular monster climb?

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Agreed, in the perfect world, it would be integrated into the body of the Wheel, but considering how many batteries are crammed into the body while maintaining a 5.8cm profile, active cooling system, premium speakers, bright[ist] headlight, 2.5" wide tire, there's not one 1cm/sq of free space in the body. If it came down to a choice, surely we'd want an extra 20 cells in the Wheel over a handle that's tucked away?  

There seems to be something wrong with the width dimension of the wheel...I noticed this in the drawings from the presentation that showed the width at 58 mm, or 5.8 cm. Problem is, that translates to about 2.3 inches, less than the width of the tire. Should this rather be a 5.8" width to the wheel??

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

5.png

Actually, they said "Performance up by 230%," which means that it would be 330% as powerful. That works out to 3.3 * 800 W = 2640 W if the V8 is indeed an 800 W wheel.

It's funny that a lot of people (including me, most of the time) seem to have trouble with simple percentage calculations as soon as the number climbs over the magic 100.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Yes, I was referring to that narrow branch off from the main monster climb. I thought that was where the KS14S over heated and not on the regular monster climb? Did it also over heat on the regular monster climb?

It overheated on the regular monster climb.  

I don't think it overheated on the narrow branch, it just stopped going so he turned around.