New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

I don't like the handle or the way the pedals fold or unfold.  Hard to unfold them with one hand.  So much easier with my King Song and the DIY magnetic pedals, just kick and all one hand operation and a foot.  When you get out of a store, it is so inconvenient.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

I'm not sure why people say its a bad handle.   Its loose, but they are fixing that, that would be my only complaint. 

there's a screw inside the attached part for tight the handle, not 100% efficient but improve significantly the feel.

In my opinion the worst part of the handle is the metal vertex of the hinge, makes the most painful part of the euc for crash on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Folks who have manual unicycle experience can pick up EUC in minutes.  @scap, do you already know how to ride a manual unicycle?

There are a few bugs in the app and the sampling rate is not that great.  not sure how it compares to the other apps sampling rate.

No experience with a manual unicycle. Was just really motivated and went for it. I think if I was timid and tried to go really slow it would have been harder. 

5 minutes ago, scap said:

No experience with a manual unicycle. Was just really motivated and went for it. I think if I was timid and tried to go really slow it would have been harder. 

Definitely if you go slow speed it is more difficult to do.  more of an advanced skill.  Just like with biking.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, scap said:

I invented a game for teaching myself to go slow: The EUC Slow Rider Game!

Edited by thefork
  • Like 3

I learned pretty fast too, probably about the same speed as scap.   I have experience with other balance things though (board sports) and a couple youtube videos really helped.  chooch's video on how to learn for example.   Also having a machine I didn't care about trashing helped :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thefork said:

I invented a game for teaching myself to go slow: The EUC Slow Rider Game!

Sorry about all the question marks in that old thread... they are supposed to be emoticons! Something must have broken on the site at some point.

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Reading between the lines (and your updated profile), this means we are supposed to PM you unsolicited dick pics from now on, right? OK, can do, brb!:efefd0f676:

Ah there is that little, teeny, tiny matter of payment.  I charge extra for hazard pay.  :whistling:  But hey if women can put up with it, who's to say we men can't too!  :barf:  Payment first, big boy!

Hmmm it looks like I'm in the less common camp of it taking weeks to learn riding these EUCs.  I watched one or two Youtube videos and thought yeah, I can do that.  Looks so easy!  Not!  For me, at least.  Congrats on the fast learning!

I was able to ride it at second try using a fence, it was in a sidewalk in Madrid by night, in the third try I already can do my way at low speed. I see a couple of others making it in the same time, always people with balance experience in boards or classic unicycle

Edited by Demargon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah there is that little, teeny, tiny matter of payment.  I charge extra for hazard pay.  :whistling:  But hey if women can put up with it, who's to say we men can't too!  :barf:  Payment first, big boy!

Hmmm it looks like I'm in the less common camp of it taking weeks to learn riding these EUCs.  I watched one or two Youtube videos and thought yeah, I can do that.  Looks so easy!  Not!  For me, at least.  Congrats on the fast learning!

It took me time too buddy. You properly excel in many other ways. And I am pretty sure you have 20x my skills on an EUC. 

Small note: I liked your previous pic/icon better. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It also depends on the wheel, I guess. The tiny mten3 or the Ninebot One S2 with no side pads (leg bracing) is hard mode, high shell msuper or V8/V10 is probably notably easier.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 10:36 PM, maltocs said:

it tilted back enough to kick me off.

I just had this happen.   Since I don't have sounds, I don't know if it was saying "overload".  I'm at 90% battery though. 

I think I might know how to duplicate it:

• set your tiltback around 22 or 23 mph... not max (I don't get tiltback at 24mph when I set mine on max)
  • find a long hill, nothing crazy steep, but enough that would make you avoid it if you were riding a bike :).
  • bomb up the hill, once you hit tiltback, just let up a little so your not accelerating, but your slowing down very slowly.
  • The tilt back will keep pushing back until you have to stop and turn off the machine to get it out of the 45 degree angle

I've now had this happen twice, both times on flat road, after a vigorous burst of acceleration, with the speed limiter set to 40kph (max). Neither time did I get any "overload" sound alert, but I've realized that my machine no longer makes any sounds at all. I don't know why; I didn't use the erase functionality of the app and I didn't turn the volume all the way down.

Has anybody else's tail light stopped working?

2 minutes ago, soulson said:

I've now had this happen twice, both times on flat road, after a vigorous burst of acceleration, with the speed limiter set to 40kph (max). Neither time did I get any "overload" sound alert, but I've realized that my machine no longer makes any sounds at all. I don't know why; I didn't use the erase functionality of the app and I didn't turn the volume all the way down.

Has anybody else's tail light stopped working?

there is a volume slider for the sounds, if u haven’t checked that yet. 

pretty sure my tail light works.

It's not the volume slider. I didn't turn it all the way down, and when my sounds still worked, the over speed alert was always loud, even with the slider turned down. Now, I don't even get the over speed alert when lifting the wheel off the ground and letting it race to shutdown.

14 hours ago, scap said:

the app is pretty bad. 

i don’t know anything about writing software but like i’ve said before, it must be terribly difficult to make bulletproof software. for the past thirty years, i’m always surprised when the stuff actually works correctly.

so far, and i’ve tried both but not the android version lately, i’ve had pretty good success using ios. 

i agree with u on software. i believe in the KISS philosophy, keep it simple stupid.

all these web designers get so fancy with their bloated product and then coupled with slow servers, and then forget the basics of information technology, makes research painful.

• Like 1

Worry not! We've got a sample much earlier, so I've already had a chance to play a bit with it :P

My videos are being edited right now, and I'm now finishing writing an article about the V10F, so I will let you know my thoughts soon!

Edited by Justina
  • Like 3

Just now, Justina said:

Worry not! We've got a sample much earlier, so I've already had a chance to play a bit with it :P

My videos are being edited right now, and I'm now finishing writing an article about the V10F, so I will let you know my thoughts soon!

cool, and btw, i wished i had listened to u about putting furniture foam on an euc. i tried the two sided tape that comes with the foam and OMG, what a pita to remove. used a whole bottle off goof off and wasted two hours of my life getting it off.

moral of the story, listen to Justina.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

cool, and btw, i wished i had listened to u about putting furniture foam on an euc. i tried the two sided tape that comes with the foam and OMG, what a pita to remove. used a whole bottle off goof off and wasted two hours of my life getting it off.

moral of the story, listen to Justina.

Hahaha :D I feel you - I wasted 3 hours once, using alcohol (recommended) and a hair dryer (not really recommended) :D It's not bad when you use the original 3M tape for few days, but after few months... it's a pain to get it off :D 

Edited by Justina
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Justina said:

I hope you are doing them in English. My Polish skills are like a black hole. It simply don't enlighten me despite whatever "bright" message being passed

Se goes for my French.

Edited by Unventor

22 minutes ago, Justina said:

Hahaha :D I feel you - I wasted 3 hours once, using alcohol (recommended) and a hair dryer (not really recommended) :D It's not bad when you use the original 3M tape for few days, but after few months... it's a pain to get it off :D 

what’s really stupid of me is i had two inch wide double sided masking tape sitting next to me, but like the kid that gets his tongue stuck on an icy pole, i had to try their tape. it wasn’t on the wheel long. 

and i was consciously thinking about ur warning when i was doing it.