WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It works pretty well despite the voice sounds like a female version of the cook from the moppet show😏... Maybe because it is set to Swedish 😉

Try to install English speech engine, maybe this will help. Or... consider making a small contribution to Swedish EUCers community and translate WheelLog :) What do you think? It's just an hour of even less... and it's quite easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Try to install English speech engine, maybe this will help. Or... consider making a small contribution to Swedish EUCers community and translate WheelLog :) What do you think? It's just an hour of even less... and it's quite easy.

Well Swedish is only a secondary language to me, and I were only joking😁

Because Danish is sooo much easier (to me) 😄. But for me English feels more natural when it comes to EUCs. As for translation I am sure others are better equipped to do that as I am partly dyslexic. I amke tons of spelling errors and typos. I don’t spot that at first but I see it if I read the text (a few hours) later. 

Also my first time really playing with the tour logging part. 

https://euc.world/tour/575381828988040#

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Fuzzypixel said:

There's an option to let the app on lock screen, is that not sufficient?

Screenshot_20190530-190052.png

I have always had this option checked and it has never worked with the 'home' button on my S9 - I still had to use my pattern to unlock the screen. It's never been a major issue for me as I use my watch but out of interest and after seeing scotchtapes post, I had a quick fiddle and actually found that if I press the power button on the side, wheellog does indeed open from the lock screen! So all good!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I have always had this option checked and it has never worked with the 'home' button on my S9

This is because pressing "Home" button automatically removes WheelLog from main screen, so it no longer is on top of the lock screen.

45 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Also my first time really playing with the tour logging part. 

https://euc.world/tour/575381828988040#

Wow, blue sky and sunny day! :) Something I'm missing now here, in northern Poland :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seba said:

Wow, blue sky and sunny day! :) Something I'm missing now here, in northern Poland :) 

I had a hard time to find the photos takes during the ride with Wheelog. 

But... 

• Like 1

@Seba WheelLog is great, thanks for continuing with dev of this great app.

I have one question/problem: on my 18L the battery % shows different values for oem KingSong app(73%) and WheelLog(66%).

I have latest ver. of both apps (well WL is your latest beta, but the same was with prev. version).

All other stats are aligned in both apps.

Edited by tadzio

13 minutes ago, tadzio said:

I have one question/problem: on my 18L the battery % shows different values for oem KingSong app(73%) and WheelLog(66%).

Battery % is a computed value from the reported battery voltage. Some time ago imho @palachzzz changed the formula so it better represents the actual battery state of charge. Don't know if this change was reverted some time or still used?

With the 18(X)L there could be another difference - they use the cells down to 3.0V instead of down to 3.3V as (?all?) other wheels. Don't know if the wheel is recognized by wheellog and formula adjusted accordingly? But this could explain the lower value shown by wheellog...

... much written and nothing said :ph34r:, but hopefully i get by this notified if @Seba or someone other knowing replies:D.

ps.: Getting used to look at voltage instead of charge % is "better" anyhow - best after some resting time after usage.

edit: @tadzio- wheellog version number could maybe be important - there is wheellog from @palachzzz from the playstore and @Seba s version from his website...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tadzio said:

As @Chriull already explained, WheelLog uses different formula to convert voltage to battery level. It was introduced by @palachzzz and in my opinion, as an owner of both KS-18L and XL, it's much more reliable. When "original" KS app shows that you still have about 10 % of charge, wheel is rather unrideable due to speed limitation and constant tiltbacks.

5 hours ago, GMOne said:

@Seba i wrote to you and i sent to you something interesting i hope. ;-)

Thank you, I'll take a look at your code and try to merge with mine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:00 AM, Seba said:

Yes, just uncheck "BT &GPS status messages" in "Speech settings". But in this version you should not experience problems you described.

Today I rode on newest build. Didn't have Bluetooth disconnected, so that's good, but I rode with live map on. And got multiple GPS lost/restored in bursts. Again to the level of: I don't care - disable.

Also, I use Garmin watch. Wheel log pushes so many notifications when live map on that I had to cut it off. So no big deal, just informing.

My main question is.. does last tab of live map supposed to be... Blank?

And last thing, idea: if it would be possible, make in the live service "private area". You mark your "home" for example. Whenever you start recording route, and if it's close to your home, part of the route that is in proximity o X meters gets deleted from records. For me that would solve my privacy issues and I would share my rides automatically to everyone. For your consideration.

App is amazing. Great job.

If @Seba has no objections i can attach my version, a parallel beta. Future version (i hope) will be a merge of both.

My changelog, just out of curiosity

-Colour text changed, white can be more readable in a direct sunlight.

-Max speed increased to 70Km/h

-Italian translation improved.

-Horn generic function introduced: when enabled if you touch to the left side of the screen it will play a horn, to the right a bicycle bell. Of course it can be used with a whatever bluetooth (wheel or speaker)!

-Many new features in general preferences:

--You can change font, set its size, and when you are in landscape mode you can also use a different layout, in this way you can see also current, that can be coloured if you like (red absorbing current, green recharging current).

The variable size is really useful on watches or on little Android devices.

P.S. Many new features need to be translated (except to italian), so if you want to help me...

Edited by GMOne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noob question. No I haven't read this whole thread just searched smart watch. TL;DR.

I have downloaded the wheellog app on my LG G5 it connects via BT ok and I get the speed and amp draw info etc. I can't find where to change settings. In particular voltage is wrong I have MSuper V3 84v and says 66.88v. Also I would like recommendation for a smart watch. Pebbles aren't readily available anymore. what do people recommend? I'm certainly not going to spend $400 maybe $150 max. How does it work? Buy android watch download the app to watch somehow then it should connect to the wheel and I should be able to see the wheel speed and get warnings right? I got a super cheap $20 smart watch but it doesn't really do anything pretty much garbage.

I will read from start maybe that will help. lol

10 hours ago, Dawid said:

Today I rode on newest build. Didn't have Bluetooth disconnected, so that's good, but I rode with live map on. And got multiple GPS lost/restored in bursts. Again to the level of: I don't care - disable.

Seems your GPS is often loosing signal. Nothing serious, but may cause your track record to look ugly :-)

My main question is.. does last tab of live map supposed to be... Blank?

No. I plan to add some kind of "dashboard" with map of your last or current tour. I hope that at least map will be available with next release.

And last thing, idea: if it would be possible, make in the live service "private area". You mark your "home" for example. Whenever you start recording route, and if it's close to your home, part of the route that is in proximity o X meters gets deleted from records. For me that would solve my privacy issues and I would share my rides automatically to everyone. For your consideration.

This feature will be added soon. I already tested some different options to check which could be best. It seems that the best option is:

1. You add "privacy zones" into your account settings.
  2. If your tour starts or finishes in one of such zone, part of the track that is inside the zone will not be disclosed to other people. Overall time and distance will not be altered however, but this should be enough to keep you private.

I will also add option to hide speed readings and time, so no one will be able to know what speed you've been riding and also will be unable to calculate the speed from distance and time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dawid said:

Also, I use Garmin watch. Wheel log pushes so many notifications when live map on that I had to cut it off. So no big deal, just informing.

In  Connect application, you can choose the applications wich can send a notification to the Garmin GPS.

Latest beta, works perfect with wheel connection but after i hit the home button to enter another app and then put the phone in my pocket, the pebble gets semi connected, and with semi it that i get the current speed changes in real time but no notifications, no battery status (shows the last percentage of the lost connection), and no current temperature (again shows last temp). The app still works, the app "is" connected to the wheel but when i get back into the app i have to stop the watch feature and run it again from the respective icon so i can have real time updates on my pebble time 2.

I'd like to know if on the latest beta you've changed things about the backgrounding, dose and or other stuff, and that is why these things happen, or maybe it's something else i'm missing.

On 6/2/2019 at 11:57 AM, Hansolo said:

In  Connect application, you can choose the applications wich can send a notification to the Garmin GPS.

Yep, this is what I did, but thank you.

As I'm preparing for release 2.0.30, there are some new strings that needs translation before I'll be able to push new WL to the wild. @koto, @ArqFG, @andress, @George Iliev, @Lefteris, @fabio70mi - I hope I can count on you guys ;) Archive with all latest XMLs can be downloaded from https://euc.world/downloads/language_xml_2.0.30beta2.zip - for your convenience all strings needing translation has been already added. So you just need to translate it and send back to me (only arrays.xml and strings.xml) - sebastian@euc.world.

PS. Editing XML files is much easier with good text editors. I can recommend Notepad++ or Programmer's Notepad. Both are free and open-source, but available for Windows only.

• Like 3

Helpful tips for Huawei phone owners

No, it's not about Trump's ban on Huawei phones :efefa6edcf: It's about potential problems you may encounter when using WheelLog on Huawei phones. Many phones of this brand use very aggressive battery saving algorithms. This often cause many problems with applications that use GPS and work in the background. Such applications can be stopped or even terminated immediately after the phone is asleep or a few minutes later. So if you have a Huwaei phone and you experience a situation where the program is closed or your route is interrupted shortly after the start, the following tips can help you a lot.

1. Go to Settings and select Apps.
  2. Select WheelLog and enter Battery setting.
  3. Uncheck Power-intensive prompt option, then tap Launch.
  4. Uncheck Manage automatically and check all three options below.

You're done. Depending on the phone model and version, procedure may be slightly different. You may also need to enter Settings, then Apps. Below application list you should find Settings icon - tap it. In the Advanced section tap Special access and enter Ignore optimisation. Finally select WheelLog and tap on Allow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Helpful tips for Huawei phone owners

No, it's not about Trump's ban on Huawei phones :efefa6edcf: It's about potential problems you may encounter when using WheelLog on Huawei phones. Many phones of this brand use very aggressive battery saving algorithms. This often cause many problems with applications that use GPS and work in the background. Such applications can be stopped or even terminated immediately after the phone is asleep or a few minutes later. So if you have a Huwaei phone and you experience a situation where the program is closed or your route is interrupted shortly after the start, the following tips can help you a lot.

1. Go to Settings and select Apps.
  2. Select WheelLog and enter Battery setting.
  3. Uncheck Power-intensive prompt option, then tap Launch.
  4. Uncheck Manage automatically and check all three options below.

You're done. Depending on the phone model and version, procedure may be slightly different. You may also need to enter Settings, then Apps. Below application list you should find Settings icon - tap it. In the Advanced section tap Special access and enter Ignore optimisation. Finally select WheelLog and tap on Allow.

Thanks for your very good job. I have a Huawei P30 Pro and I can't do these steps. I select "Settings" (Paramètres in French), then "Apps" (Applications in French), then "Wheellog" and there is nothing about "Battery setting" on the screen, only "Détails de consommation d'énergie" (Energy consumption details [Gooigle translate]). But yesterday, I used WheelLog without problem, so, maybe all is ok...

:cheers:

7 hours ago, Seba said:

As I'm preparing for release 2.0.30, there are some new strings that needs translation before I'll be able to push new WL to the wild. @koto, @ArqFG, @andress, @George Iliev, @Lefteris, @fabio70mi - I hope I can count on you guys ;) Archive with all latest XMLs can be downloaded from https://euc.world/downloads/language_xml_2.0.30beta2.zip - for your convenience all strings needing translation has been already added. So you just need to translate it and send back to me (only arrays.xml and strings.xml) - sebastian@euc.world.

PS. Editing XML files is much easier with good text editors. I can recommend Notepad++ or Programmer's Notepad. Both are free and open-source, but available for Windows only.

values-es_2.0.30.zip

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seba said:

My two greek cents :P 

language_xml_2.0.30beta2_values-el.zip

Plus visual studio code editor is quite nice and modular ;) 

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Seba said:

@seba: you should have received french translation yesterday by email.