WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

13 minutes ago, Seba said:

My fault, sorry - it's too late... :facepalm:  Now it should work, please let me know if everything is OK now.

Yes, it works !!!!!!!! Good night :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, travsformation said:

This still isn't working for me in 2.0.28. I started a tour, stopped halfway, closed WheelLog, marked the "Start new segment" option when I reopened it, and it started a new tour all the same

I can confirm, this is under development now. However there will be also option in euc.world to merge two tours together (making next tour a segment of previous one), so lack of this option workinh as for now should not be a problem.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:28 PM, Lefteris said:

On another matter, we may need to have the option to change privacy settings on a specific trip after it is recorded, for example i rode today, did some loops on a park, recorded it, forgot to change the privacy settings and i do want it to be public, but it has saved as "only with link" :'(

It's working now :)

9 hours ago, travsformation said:

On yesterday's tour, at the 20 km mark, I stopped to have dinner, paused the tour and switched off the wheel. After dinner, the wheel wouldn't automatically reconnect to WheelLog (I tried switching it off and on again several times), so I had to reconnect manually using the Bluetooth icon (Note: I didn't close WheelLog at any point). This reset all trip data (distance, avg. speed, etc.). Is this normal/to be expected?

This is how WheelLog always worked, but I plan to add an option to not reset the counters after manual reconnection. I will also try to improve auto-reconnection. However WheelLog is a good piece of software, certainly there is still lot to improve in WheelLog. Today I faced a lot of disconnections on my XL. I've never experienced this before. Maybe the problem is with XL, as usually I ride L. Tomorrow I'll take my L for a ride and test if this issue is still present or not. If not, it could be contributed to my XL (as I ride it rarely, when I need it's extended range). However I discovered that manual reconnection works better than automatic. So I think there is a room for improvements in BT connectivity area :)

You can see lot of BT connection issues on chart from today's group ride - https://euc.world/tour/574746289273346

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Seba: It would be nice if the owner of a tour can add comments or a subtitle. If I start the tour from one place and I finnish to the same place  the tour title does not seem to be really accurate. I may have visited 10 other cities during the trip and want to give another title to the tour.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, koto said:

@Seba: It would be nice if the owner of a tour can add comments or a subtitle. If I start the tour from one place and I finnish to the same place  the tour title does not seem to be really accurate. I may have visited 10 other cities during the trip and want to give another title to the tour.

Default title may be misleading, as it's based on start and finish point place. I'll add possibility to replace it with custom title and description soon :) Thank you for a valuable feature request.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Th

On 5/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, Seba said:
On 5/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, travsformation said:

This still isn't working for me in 2.0.28. I started a tour, stopped halfway, closed WheelLog, marked the "Start new segment" option when I reopened it, and it started a new tour all the same

I can confirm, this is under development now. However there will be also option in euc.world to merge two tours together (making next tour a segment of previous one), so lack of this option workinh as for now should not be a problem.

Great! Looking forward to it!

On 5/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, Seba said:
On 5/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, travsformation said:

On yesterday's tour, at the 20 km mark, I stopped to have dinner, paused the tour and switched off the wheel. After dinner, the wheel wouldn't automatically reconnect to WheelLog (I tried switching it off and on again several times), so I had to reconnect manually using the Bluetooth icon (Note: I didn't close WheelLog at any point). This reset all trip data (distance, avg. speed, etc.). Is this normal/to be expected?

This is how WheelLog always worked, but I plan to add an option to not reset the counters after manual reconnection. I will also try to improve auto-reconnection. However WheelLog is a good piece of software, certainly there is still lot to improve in WheelLog. Today I faced a lot of disconnections on my XL. I've never experienced this before. Maybe the problem is with XL, as usually I ride L. Tomorrow I'll take my L for a ride and test if this issue is still present or not. If not, it could be contributed to my XL (as I ride it rarely, when I need it's extended range). However I discovered that manual reconnection works better than automatic. So I think there is a room for improvements in BT connectivity area :)

I can confirm that this has happened several times, even when auto-reconnecting. But not every time. I did a screen recording and switched the wheel on and off again 10 times, and the 10 times (while recording), it reconnected perfectly, without resetting the counters, EVERY time. When I stopped for a coffee an hour later, it did reset the counters. But incidence seems to be pretty low.

As to disconnections, I have to agree that it probably has to do with the 18XL---the firmware, moreover. I haven't had a single disconnection with the V8, and since I upgraded the 18XL's firmware to 1.12, no more disconnections.

WheelLog definitely is a good piece of software, and with the magic you're working, it's getting better by the day!

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

As to disconnections, I have to agree that it probably has to do with the 18XL---the firmware, moreover. I haven't had a single disconnection with the V8, and since I upgraded the 18XL's firmware to 1.12, no more disconnections.

Hmm, strange. I have to confirm that I had the problems only with KS-18XL, but it's still on 1.11. The same firmware as in my KS-18L I ride every day. But what is more strange, when I was riding XL everything was OK up to some point, and then suddenly it started to disconnect. I restarted wheel, restarted app, restarted phone. Didn't helped, still got disconnections just after few seconds. I gave up and arrived in home. Now I'm riding my L and never had a problem. I have to try again with XL and check if the problem will show again.

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

WheelLog definitely is a good piece of software, and with the magic you're working, it's getting better by the day!

Thank you, I'm doing my best to make WheelLog more and more useful.

• Like 2

Wheellog rocks! I wanted to share my experience so far with my Note 8 and Glide 3.

Wheellog "pre playstore update" - could only connect to read batt voltage, real-time telemetry would read for a second or two at best.

Wheellog currently on playstore - connection much better but would stop showing telemetry after two or three minutes.

Wheellog v2.0.28 - rock solid connection and evrything works! Kept connection for a 17 mile ride no problem.

Thank you Seba for all your time and hard work!

Is there a way to get Tizen to display mph? I display mph in the app but my watch only shows kph.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, binks00 said:

Wheellog v2.0.28 - rock solid connection and evrything works! Kept connection for a 17 mile ride no problem.

Thank you Seba for all your time and hard work!

Thank you, it's really encouraging and a great motivation for me :)

48 minutes ago, binks00 said:

Is there a way to get Tizen to display mph? I display mph in the app but my watch only shows kph.

Tizen app you mentioned was written by another developer, so It's out of my scope. However I plan to make a WheelLog companion for Tizen watch when I get Tizen watch, so please stay tuned :)

PS. It is possible to "fool" Tizen app by sending mph speed to it instead of kph. This way speed value will be in miles per hour, but it still be labeled as kph in Tizen app. I'm not sure if this is correct approach, especially that whole WheelLog-to-Tizen part needs to be updated to meet latest Android 8/9 requirements. But it's not hard to to, if you think it could be a good, temporary workaround, I can do that :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

PS. It is possible to "fool" Tizen app by sending mph speed to it instead of kph. This way speed value will be in miles per hour, but it still be labeled as kph in Tizen app. I'm not sure if this is correct approach, especially that whole WheelLog-to-Tizen part needs to be updated to meet latest Android 8/9 requirements. But it's not hard to to, if you think it could be a good, temporary workaround, I can do that :)

This would be really good if you could do this as an 'interim' solution Seba! I cannot get my head around KMH having used MPH all my life, and I can quite easily live with the legend still displaying KMH.

Edit: Actually, I just realised that the Tizen application does not display a 'KMH' legend, only 'Speed' so it doesn't matter! :)

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 1

@Seba Hello, thanks for your work again !

I've just updated to last version 2.0.28 but still have the same issue (I didn't yet reported) impossible to set the option to upload log automatically to my Google Drive account !

I click on the setting checkbox, (it warn me about some extra tax with data consummed... ok) then I select my G-Drive account (I got several account synced on my phone) and then it come back to wheellog settings and uncheck the setting whithout any error message or anything... Impossible to make it keep this setting... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, michmuch said:

I've just updated to last version 2.0.28 but still have the same issue (I didn't yet reported) impossible to set the option to upload log automatically to my Google Drive account !

I click on the setting checkbox, (it warn me about some extra tax with data consummed... ok) then I select my G-Drive account (I got several account synced on my phone) and then it come back to wheellog settings and uncheck the setting whithout any error message or anything... Impossible to make it keep this setting... 

Thank you, I'll try to look at this issue today evening.

• Like 1

New features at euc.world service:

Please make any comments regarding euc.world in the thread above, this will help us to separate discussion about euc.world service and WheelLog application. Let's keep this thread for WheelLog development only :)

On 5/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, koto said:

Done! :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, Planemo said:

This would be really good if you could do this as an 'interim' solution Seba! I cannot get my head around KMH having used MPH all my life, and I can quite easily live with the legend still displaying KMH.

Edit: Actually, I just realised that the Tizen application does not display a 'KMH' legend, only 'Speed' so it doesn't matter! :)

Please update to 2.0.29 - https://euc.world/downloads/wheellog-eucworld-2.0.29-release.apk - and let me know how this version works with your watch. It should now display speed in sync with WheelLog app settings. I've also changed the way mileage is displayed. Previously, mileage was displayed in meters. Now it should display kilometers or miles, also depending on WheelLog setting. I say "should" because I don't have a watch to test it :-)

For now I consider 2.0.29 as a test version for those of you wanting to test it and report how it works, because this time I tried to optimize some app internals and made some changes to provide better euc.world experience. First, now you can set map update rate at 1 second. This will result in higher data plan usage, but also makes the charts much more detailed. I currently ride with one second settings and find it most useful. Now my charts are looking good and I can see short power spikes when accelerating from streetlights etc. This is why I removed higher intervals (above 1 minute). They was completely useless, making both chart data and track a one big zigzag that says nothing. No more zigzags!!  :eff034a94a:

I also improved image upload function by downscaling and recompressing images so uploading of each photo takes several times less network bandwidth, speeding up the whole process. This will also improve user experience when viewing tours with gallery of images. Original images are still kept intact on phone so you can always get them in full quality. There are also messages about image uploading progress.

I also improved audio messaging. Now wheel disconnection is detected much more reliable. There is also periodic "beep" when Bluetooth is activated but wheel connection is lost. Previously the only sign of lost connection was single "Connection lost" message and lack of periodic messages about speed, battery etc. Now if WheelLog stops receiving live data from wheel, you'll get both 'Connection lost" message and single beebs repeated every five seconds until wheel data start flowing again. It is especially important for people "riding the beep", as it gives distinct and instant infiormation about wheel connection.

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2019 at 5:25 PM, michmuch said:

This feature needs slightly more work, so please just wait. But I plan to add feature allowing to upload and store  log files to euc.world account, so this may be a good alternative to Google Drive, especially for people like me that doesn't use Google services.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, Seba said:

Please update to 2.0.29 - https://euc.world/downloads/wheellog-eucworld-2.0.29-release.apk - and let me know how this version works with your watch. It should now display speed in sync with WheelLog app settings. I've also changed the way mileage is displayed. Previously, mileage was displayed in meters. Now it should display kilometers or miles, also depending on WheelLog setting. I say "should" because I don't have a watch to test it :-)

Seba you da man! Just installed 2.0.29.

Now displays mph on Tizen Samsung watch, also the distance (now also miles) is a lot better than the rather confusing metres that it was before!

Everything on the watch now mimics exactly what is on the app (app is set to mph and miles).

Development contribution will be incoming tonight my friend! Thank you!

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Seba you da man! Just installed 2.0.29.

Now displays mph on Tizen Samsung watch, also the distance (now also miles) is a lot better than the rather confusing metres that it was before!

Everything on the watch now mimics exactly what is on the app (app is set to mph and miles).

Development contribution will be incoming tonight my friend! Thank you!

Thank you, I'm happy that it worked :) I really don't like to work not being able to instantly test effects of my work. But I see one flaw in the image attached -  now it displays total mileage but should display current ride distance. I already made correction and it will be available in upcoming 2.0.30 I plan to release within next few days.

• Like 1

Ah yes I had not spotted that! Yes 411.9 miles is the total distance my wheel has covered, not the current ride distance. I totally understand, you would much rather have a test watch to hand but I do not mind being your guinea pig! You are doing great things so I do not mind helping out. I will update to 2.0.30 as soon as you release it and report back to confirm all is ok.

You should have my donation now too :)

For info, my testing is on Ninebot Z6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

For now I consider 2.0.29 as a test version for those of you wanting to test it and report how it works, because this time I tried to optimize some app internals and made some changes to provide better euc.world experience. First, now you can set map update rate at 1 second. This will result in higher data plan usage, but also makes the charts much more detailed.

Cool! Will install it tonight and get back to you with any meaningful feedback as soon as I've tested it. Great that the update rate can be set to 1", that definitely makes things much more accurate. It's something I'd considered requesting but kept forgetting about. I'll test it out, I'm particularly curious about the impact on battery life. If there is no significant impact, you're a bloody magician! ;)

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I also improved image upload function by downscaling and recompressing images so uploading of each photo takes several times less network bandwidth, speeding up the whole process. This will also improve user experience when viewing tours with gallery of images. Original images are still kept intact on phone so you can always get them in full quality. There are also messages about image uploading progress.

This has been working perfectly for me, but then again, in my area there's always plenty of 4G signal, so I can definitely see the use in saving bandwidth for when signal is weaker. And the image upload progress is a nice addition---I uploaded an image of my wheel next to a piña colada, by the beach, as the "end-of-tour photo", then clicked "finish tour", but apparently the image hadn't finished uploading....so this will definitely come in handy.

Will get back to you soon with any useful feedback I can give :)

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

I uploaded an image of my wheel next to a piña colada, by the beach, as the "end-of-tour photo", then clicked "finish tour", but apparently the image hadn't finished uploading....so this will definitely come in handy.

May @Seba add a check for upload process before finishing the tour, like a delay, "finishing your tour" message or something similar.

Plus if you change many strings don't forget to notify us for the localization.

Plus #2 to all guys that translate and/or develop the app, why not invite them on Slack!

On 5/13/2019 at 1:24 PM, Seba said:

Thank you, it's really encouraging and a great motivation for me :)

Tizen app you mentioned was written by another developer, so It's out of my scope. However I plan to make a WheelLog companion for Tizen watch when I get Tizen watch, so please stay tuned :)

Hey Seba thank you for your work. i was wondering would wheelog work for android wear OS im using LG W7 smartwatch. try to download wheelog from play store in my watch didnt find the app to download.

Does anyone has problem that when alarm kicks in it dims the spofity/music for a second, and doesn't return to the previous value? I have to restart wheellog to have it louder again.

9 hours ago, Dawid said:

Does anyone has problem that when alarm kicks in it dims the spofity/music for a second, and doesn't return to the previous value? I have to restart wheellog to have it louder again.

What version of WheelLog do you use?